General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

quit knocking our motors

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2002
first member with a d16 swap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black99Vtec should not be trustedBlack99Vtec should not be trustedBlack99Vtec should not be trusted
quit knocking our motors

i dont understand why everybody is bad mouthing our d17's i beat every b16 and gsr i raced i dont know bout u guys but i am running a 15.2 with intake exhaust undredrive pullys suspention coolent bypass now i am geting my head done and bottem end done and with our so called 3 stage vtec i will be redlkining at bout 9 grand and am gonna be in at 12's our engins r better than any other except the h22 of course we have more tork than them all so i dont know what u guys r all complaning about ,
peace
Old 04-12-2002
Registered!!

PsychopathicLX is an unknown quantity at this point
15.2 with just those mods? [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 04-12-2002

Black99Vtec should not be trustedBlack99Vtec should not be trustedBlack99Vtec should not be trusted
yup i got the time slip sitin right next to me
Old 04-12-2002
Su Mo

RSXtypeIvtec is on a distinguished road
i believe ya, 15.2 aint all that?? why is that so hard to believe...we run 16's stock....people even said they rean 15.9's stock before....
Old 04-12-2002
Registered!!

avenger is an unknown quantity at this point

<< i dont understand why everybody is bad mouthing our d17's i beat every b16 and gsr i raced i dont know bout u guys but i am running a 15.2 with intake exhaust undredrive pullys suspention coolent bypass now i am geting my head done and bottem end done and with our so called 3 stage vtec i will be redlkining at bout 9 grand and am gonna be in at 12's our engins r better than any other except the h22 of course we have more tork than them all so i dont know what u guys r all complaning about ,
peace
>>

i find it hard to take anyone who spells it "t-o-r-k" seriously [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

this has to be a joke post, good one
Old 04-12-2002

thats what i am saying whats a b 16 run stock mabey a 16 flat
Old 04-12-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mohawkboom is an unknown quantity at this point
well for starters you car has a 2 stage Vtec....only the JDM 1.5 liter engines have the 3 stage... 2 the block is not beefy enough to handle huge HP without reinforcing the sleeves..a 15.2 with those mods is beleiveable...the I/H/E combo has dynoe'd a 13HP gain at the wheels.. plus the underdrive pulleys are freeing up about 3-5 more.. if your a freak driver I'll beleive it...But the B18C5 and B16A2 do have still have the potential to put out mour Hosies ALLMOTOR because of the Dual overhead camshafts and Vtec..More precise controll.. Less moving mass, better valve angles... The B17 can still be a pretty damn good engine if done up properly.. But DOHC B16's and B18's have bette rpotential... Now turbo-charged on the otherhand.. B18C1's are about the best Honda engine to work with...Now too With the K20's with I-Vtec it's a new ball game to see wo can mod them the fastest..

Now around Montreal a Shops claming to have done a complete turbo overhaul on a 2k1 civic Si Coupe..for $27000 they made new Pistons, new rods, new crank, full port work, reground cams, new fuel system, new ECU, and some 90+ hours of fuel mapping on a Dyno and got it running 240HP at the wheels on the dyno...(so they claim but can be done)...I'm still looking into this.. but if it's the best they can squeeze our engine's aren't as good as the B16A2's which can pound out just over 300HP at the wheels and remain streetable...

Cheers
Mohawk
Old 04-12-2002
Registered!!

<< thats what i am saying whats a b 16 run stock mabey a 16 flat >>

Depends.. a B16...or a JDM B16A2?...
Old 04-12-2002
Registered!!

Intruder is an unknown quantity at this point

<< now i am geting my head done and bottem end done and with our so called 3 stage vtec i will be redlkining at bout 9 grand and am gonna be in at 12's >>

[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
12's? All motor on a d block??? My del sol b16 (usdm) ran a 15.2 bone stock once, so without your few thousand in mods a b16 could give u a damn good run, thats if your 15.2 is legit
Peace
Old 04-12-2002
Registered!!

1slo2k1civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Old 04-12-2002
Registered!!

AEMcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey, that chick is in my Economics class!!!!
lol, I love that pic!!! [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 04-12-2002
Registered!!

NeoMagus is an unknown quantity at this point
if you got the time slip scan it, 15.2 yea right...woody got flamed for weeks saying 15.8 and your .6 seconds faster...yea right
Old 04-12-2002
Registered!!

Desi is an unknown quantity at this point
funny, b/c i have raced against my friends 2001 gsr-b18c and he always pulls on me by 2nd gear. but since i got my injen cai with my skunk2 exhaust, i've been able to keep through 2nd gear. by 3rd, hes gone.
Old 04-12-2002
Registered!!

SOHCScreamer is an unknown quantity at this point

15.2 ha? yyeaaaah...ummm.....no. even if you were the best of drivers, i think its still very hard to do that with our car.
Old 04-12-2002
Registered!!

I'll get flamed for this.. But every now and then with the proper barometric pressure..relative humidity..temperature you do get soem freak runs.. I Vette C5 runs high 12's stock.. One day a dude with a Stock C5 no mods on a cool dry day toasted an 11.13 almost 2 seconds difference..I can beleive the possibility of a 15.2 being run stock with most of the interior removed and a light driver sitting on a lightweight seat [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]..(still stock engine)..with proper tire pressures and perfect shifting.... Not to say this 15.2 DID happen..but I do beleive the possibility of this happening..

Cheers
Mohawk

TIME SLIP!!!TIME SLIP!!!TIME SLIP!!!TIME SLIP!!!TIME SLIP!!!
Old 04-12-2002
End Bringer

Voiceofid is an unknown quantity at this point

<< i dont understand why everybody is bad mouthing our d17's i beat every b16 and gsr i raced i dont know bout u guys but i am running a 15.2 with intake exhaust undredrive pullys suspention coolent bypass now i am geting my head done and bottem end done and with our so called 3 stage vtec i will be redlkining at bout 9 grand and am gonna be in at 12's our engins r better than any other except the h22 of course we have more tork than them all so i dont know what u guys r all complaning about ,
peace
>>

i enjoy bad mouthing it because our engine is slow

our engine has to lowest mod acceptance in yet any honda(i think) and the "ulev" tag isn't helping much.

wonder why there are 30 uses ones sitting at the dealership...[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 04-12-2002
Registered!!

waytooslow is an unknown quantity at this point

<< funny, b/c i have raced against my friends 2001 gsr-b18c and he always pulls on me by 2nd gear. but since i got my injen cai with my skunk2 exhaust, i've been able to keep through 2nd gear. by 3rd, hes gone. >>

THATS RIGHT. I HAVE A GSR NOW AND IT WILL SMOKE THE 2K1'S BAD. I DONT CARE WHAT YOU DO IT, UNLESS YOU PUT A WHOLE LOT OF CASH INTO IT IT SUCKS. I DROVE A 2K1 FROM NOV OF 2000 UNTILL A WEEK AGO, AND IM GLAD ITS GONE.

IF I PUT HALF THE MONEY THAT I WOULD OF HAD TO SPEND ON THE CIVIC TO MAKE IT FAST , AND PUT IN THE GSR , THE GSR STILL WINS. NOTICE I SAID HALF THE MONEY.

I GET THE SAME HP GAIN FROM AN INTAKE THAT YOU GET FROM INTAKE , HEADERS, AND EXHAUST.

VORTEC SUPERCHARGER ON A STOCK GSR BRINGS HP TO 243, THATS A $3000 UPGRADE, PUT 3 GRAND INTO CIVIC AND SEE WHAT YOU GET.OH WAIT I FORGOT YOU CANT.

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG]ALL OVER ALL THE 7TH GEN CIVICS

IM PUTTING ONE OF THOSE STICKERS OF THE LITTLE KID PISSING WITH THE WORD CIVIC UNDER IT.
Old 04-12-2002

WD40 is an unknown quantity at this point
That picture with the boobie-biting chick is such a photoshop job. Still some funny stuff though.
Old 04-12-2002
Registered!!

<<

<< funny, b/c i have raced against my friends 2001 gsr-b18c and he always pulls on me by 2nd gear. but since i got my injen cai with my skunk2 exhaust, i've been able to keep through 2nd gear. by 3rd, hes gone. >>

THATS RIGHT. I HAVE A GSR NOW AND IT WILL SMOKE THE 2K1'S BAD. I DONT CARE WHAT YOU DO IT, UNLESS YOU PUT A WHOLE LOT OF CASH INTO IT IT SUCKS. I DROVE A 2K1 FROM NOV OF 2000 UNTILL A WEEK AGO, AND IM GLAD ITS GONE.

IF I PUT HALF THE MONEY THAT I WOULD OF HAD TO SPEND ON THE CIVIC TO MAKE IT FAST , AND PUT IN THE GSR , THE GSR STILL WINS. NOTICE I SAID HALF THE MONEY.

I GET THE SAME HP GAIN FROM AN INTAKE THAT YOU GET FROM INTAKE , HEADERS, AND EXHAUST.

VORTEC SUPERCHARGER ON A STOCK GSR BRINGS HP TO 243, THATS A $3000 UPGRADE, PUT 3 GRAND INTO CIVIC AND SEE WHAT YOU GET.OH WAIT I FORGOT YOU CANT.

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG]ALL OVER ALL THE 7TH GEN CIVICS

IM PUTTING ONE OF THOSE STICKERS OF THE LITTLE KID PISSING WITH THE WORD CIVIC UNDER IT.
>>

So then why are you still hanging out on these forums if you Despise 7th gen civics.. hanging around to rip on people?...Have nothing more productive to do?

Cheers
Mohawk
Old 04-12-2002
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
The civic was never meant and isn't advertised by honda as a hot rod. LOL Anyhow, I think the motor has got a little bit of potential as far i/h/e and pullies. However, beyond that, the gude package is the only thing available and that will require a new clutch more than likely. I believe the vic could get into 15s with all the bolt-ons including pullies. Although, it just cost to much to make it 'quick' not fast, imo. It would just be easier in the long run to buy a different car that is fast straight from the factory. The 99-00 si, gsr, rsx, or the new si would all be faster stock when compared to a vic with bolt-ons and will only get faster when you add the bolt-ons to them.

I just like the idea of a car that is performing straight from the factory without aftermarket mods.

For the people that trash vics because they bought something that is faster, you only make yourself look like a complete ignorant idiot since you thought your vic was going to be a hot rod. WTF did you expect???????????????
Old 04-12-2002
Registered!!

<< The civic was never meant and isn't advertised by honda as a hot rod. LOL Anyhow, I think the motor has got a little bit of potential as far i/h/e and pullies. However, beyond that, the gude package is the only thing available and that will require a new clutch more than likely. I believe the vic could get into 15s with all the bolt-ons including pullies. Although, it just cost to much to make it 'quick' not fast, imo. It would just be easier in the long run to buy a different car that is fast straight from the factory. The 99-00 si, gsr, rsx, or the new si would all be faster stock when compared to a vic with bolt-ons and will only get faster when you add the bolt-ons to them.

I just like the idea of a car that is performing straight from the factory without aftermarket mods.

For the people that trash vics because they bought something that is faster, you only make yourself look like a complete ignorant idiot since you thought your vic was going to be a hot rod. WTF did you expect???????????????
>>

I WASNT INTO THE SCENE WHEN I BOUGHT MY CIVIC . AFTER I GOT IT, I GOT INTO IT AND FOUND OUT MY CAR WAS NO CONTEST FOR ALMOST ANY THING. MY SISTER HAS A PRELUDE , NOW HOW DO YOU THINK IT FELT TO SEE MY LITTLE SISTER SMOKE THE **** OUT ME. I HATED IT, I KNOW SHE WILL STILL SMOKE ME BUT NOT HALF AS BAD AND PRELUDES ARE UGLY. IM TRYING TO GET HER TO SWAP ENGINES WITH ME, IF SHE DOES THE TEG WILL BE SMOKIN .

THE ONLY REASON I STILL HANG ON THIS SITE IS IVE BEEN HERE FOR SOOOOO LONG ITS A HABIT AND MY EMAIL IS HERE, NOT TO WORRY SLOW POKES IM MOVING MY MAIL TO THE GSR FORUMS SOON AND I WONT DISS YOU ANYMORE.
Old 04-12-2002
Registered!!

RollOut is an unknown quantity at this point
go trash our cars somewhere else waytoslow....
Old 04-12-2002
Registered!!

Whussumatter..can't take gettin beat by your baby sister..lol.. Dayum dood..If she can smoke you..give props where their deserved.. if you can't accept losing...your the looser...Accept losses and try to improve yourself..but never regret losing. Just learn and move ahead....

Old 04-12-2002
Registered!!

<< Whussumatter..can't take gettin beat by your baby sister..lol.. Dayum dood..If she can smoke you..give props where their deserved.. if you can't accept losing...your the looser...Accept losses and try to improve yourself..but never regret losing. Just learn and move ahead.... >>

BLOW ME^

ALL OTHERS YOU CAN BLOW ME TOO. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHCIVICSARESLOWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAILLSMOKEYOUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHOWDOESTHA TEXHAUSTTASTEHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

THE STICKER OF THE LITTLE BOY PISSING, INSTEAD OF JUST CIVIC , IM GOING TO CHANGE IT TI CIVIC OWNERS.
Old 04-12-2002
9K Redline Owns U
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Spider883 will become famous soon enoughSpider883 will become famous soon enough
waytooslow needs to leave us or be banned
Old 04-12-2002
Registered!!

01BlackEM2 is an unknown quantity at this point
BS! You really expect us to believe that you beat every GSR that you've raced?? HA. I could see maybe one... but the person driving the GSR, either wasn't really racing, or just didn't know how to drive. Or there's always the case of traffic... and maybe you just thought that counted as winning. Either way I don't buy it. A GSR has 173 hp and 125 foot pounds of torque STOCK. So I don't see how it's possible with just I/H/E. Our cars have 115 with intake. And even with headers and exhaust, you don't come anywhere close. A GSR would kill our cars... I'm a girl, and even I know this.
Old 04-12-2002
9K Redline Owns U
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Spider883 will become famous soon enoughSpider883 will become famous soon enough
ha ha ha ha the girls are getting in the bashing. yes [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 04-12-2002
Registered!!

<< waytooslow needs to leave us or be banned >>

give it 10 more minutes [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 04-12-2002
End Bringer

Voiceofid is an unknown quantity at this point

<<

<< Whussumatter..can't take gettin beat by your baby sister..lol.. Dayum dood..If she can smoke you..give props where their deserved.. if you can't accept losing...your the looser...Accept losses and try to improve yourself..but never regret losing. Just learn and move ahead.... >>

BLOW ME^

ALL OTHERS YOU CAN BLOW ME TOO. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHCIVICSARESLOWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAILLSMOKEYOUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHOWDOESTHA TEXHAUSTTASTEHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

THE STICKER OF THE LITTLE BOY PISSING, INSTEAD OF JUST CIVIC , IM GOING TO CHANGE IT TI CIVIC OWNERS.
>>

boo!! hisss!!!

that simply owns your teg,a nd your sister's 150hp lude! bwahahaha!!!
Old 04-12-2002
Registered!!

R3DF0G is an unknown quantity at this point
hey waytooslow........my friend owns a gsr and is a helluva lot cooler than you are fvckface, so.......

Quick Reply: quit knocking our motors