General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Blown Shock!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AirForce is an unknown quantity at this point
Blown Shock!!!!!

Has anyone had a blown shock since they lowered there car. I am not sure if happened before I lowered it. I just ordered 1 replacement shock that is OEM. I will get a set of KONI later. Is this a honda problem or did lowering it cause this because I did trim the bump stop?
Old 04-11-2002
Registered!!

pounds is an unknown quantity at this point
anytime you lower a car on stock shocks you run the risk of blowing one or more out!!
hurry up and get the koni's
Old 04-11-2002
Registered!!

Ronin is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok, what do you guys mean when you use the term "blown shock"? Do you mean that it's leaking fluid, or something else?

Old 04-11-2002
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
Yep yep... Getting rims is so expensive!

I'm doing everything backwards, but the correct way I think. I'm getting camber kits first. Then I'm getting new struts. Then I'm getting coilovers. Then the rims. It's like you need the camber kits for the lowering, you need the struts for the lowering, then you need the lowering for the rims.

camber kits: $155
new shocks: $500
coilovers: $300
rims and tires: $900

total: $1855
Old 04-11-2002
DIY King

Yeah, it ruptured and leaked the fluid already. Now it's not dampening and it might still be leaking. Your car is hella bouncy. To check for worn or blown shocks push down on the front of the car and see if it bobs up and down. If the movement stops rapidly then you're okay. Same thing for the rear...
Old 04-11-2002
Registered!!

crazybluehonda is an unknown quantity at this point
im not sure if canadian is different but my struts where all changed yesterday due to them seeding wrong. there is a quite recall on them! plus rear deck raddling, drivers seat rocking. and others things but i don't really car about my car im going to get rid of it soon!
Old 04-11-2002
Registered!!

NoBottleJustThrottle is an unknown quantity at this point

<< camber kits: $155
new shocks: $500
coilovers: $300
rims and tires: $900

total: $1855
>>

My Cars Suspension (so far):
Camber Kit:$50
Coilover:$1000
Rims and Tires:$1250
Total (without tax, or installation charges)=$2300
Bling Bling Factor[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]riceless

Old 04-11-2002
Registered!!

NoBottleJustThrottle is an unknown quantity at this point

<<
Bling Bling Factor[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]riceless
>>

ok i dont know what happened there...man now the joke is blown to hell! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/IMG] It was supposed to be "Priceless" there. I think the computer got confused cause i had a ":" and the letter "P" right next to another. But now im just rambling on about nothing
Old 04-11-2002
Registered!!

<< im not sure if canadian is different but my struts where all changed yesterday due to them seeding wrong. there is a quite recall on them! plus rear deck raddling, drivers seat rocking. and others things but i don't really car about my car im going to get rid of it soon! >>

crazybluehonda:
What recall is this?? Howcome nobody else has heard of this? I know a lot of people have the leaking strut problem, but I don't think there is an official recall on it. I have a leaking front left strut, but that's the only part the dealer is going to replace for me.

<< Yeah, it ruptured and leaked the fluid already. Now it's not dampening and it might still be leaking. Your car is hella bouncy. To check for worn or blown shocks push down on the front of the car and see if it bobs up and down. If the movement stops rapidly then you're okay. Same thing for the rear... >>

grey: do you also hear (and feel) the shock bottoming out (a thunk sound)? I also hear lots of groaning and gurgling from my leaking shock. Dealer's gonna replace in next week.

Talk about a major screw-up on Honda's part..... not only did they get rid of the double wishbone, but the Macphersons they chose to use aren't even of decent quality. Bunch a cheap-*** di ck-holes...

Old 04-11-2002
Registered!!

AirForce is an unknown quantity at this point
My right rear is leaking the fluid crap and it rattles when it goes over bumps. Should i sent the OEM strut back? and get a set of Koni?
Old 04-11-2002
Registered!!

SilverCivic2K1 is an unknown quantity at this point
I dont have any shock problems yet. But my seat rocks all the time. I hate it. Right when I'm takin off, it moves, and when i hit the brakes, it moves. I brought it to the dealer and he said all the new civics do that. Is there anything I can do to get it fixed?
Old 04-11-2002
DIY King

<< do you also hear (and feel) the shock bottoming out (a thunk sound)? I also hear lots of groaning and gurgling from my leaking shock. Dealer's gonna replace in next week. >>

Oh no, I don't have blown shocks. Sorry, I made it sound like I did. I was responding for the original poster. [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 04-11-2002

WD40 is an unknown quantity at this point
I ran my '99 civic on stock struts for 2 years and they were fine.

*Sigh*. Cheapass Honda; damn them for ditching the double-wishbone!!
Old 04-11-2002
Registered!!

black2k1vtec is an unknown quantity at this point
all other hondas can be slammed like 3 inches and have no probs with shocks.

Hey, Guy from Ottawa, forgot your name...do you have lowering springs, or just stock springs in?
Old 04-11-2002
GODLIKE

ASIANPRIDE is an unknown quantity at this point
Well my struts are GONE.....G...O...N...E....GONE.....My ride is sooo f#cking bad...and you know that bad thing......I didn't even lower my car....it's still got all its OEM suspension.....I feel like I am riding in a boat...and well it has been 2 weeks...and my sturts are still not in....well one of them is...and they were like "do you want us to put in the one" and I was like " so then I can be driving on 1 good and 1 bad...and start to damage my 1 good one.....you do the math"...and well....I think my back is gone 2...but they wont order it in for me....cuz they say just the front is probably gone...and they didn't even check....ahhhh.....soo mad....And..the kicker in the nuts...is...I said...."well since you are going to do the labour on my OEM struts...how about I buy KONI Yellows...and well you put them in for me..cuz well you will be doing it anyways....with my OEM's so what's the dif..." then there b!itchass reply was....."well since it's not the OEM product and not warranted by Honda...we will have to charge you" Talk about cheap *** dealers....that was just about as bad a scam as them saying...$2400 for the factory kit...hahahaha lick my ballz you b!tches.....
Old 04-11-2002
Registered!!

AllMotorSi is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey, silvercivic2k1 you should get the dealer to replace the seat track. I had the same problem which was the drivers seat. I brought it back to honda and they didn't even argue, they ordered a new one and fixed it the next day. Definately they will fix it, it's been a continuous problem.
Old 04-11-2002
Registered!!

<< so then I can be driving on 1 good and 1 bad...and start to damage my 1 good one.....you do the math >>

Why would driving on one good strut and one bad strut damage the good strut? They're independent, arent they?

As for waiting for the strut to come in, I have to go through that myself... I called Honda Canada and they said that all the front struts are on backorder across the entire country.