General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

2k1civic becoming very unpopular.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2002
APS
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
APS is an unknown quantity at this point
2k1civic becoming very unpopular.....

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/IMG] What the he!!??? It seems like eveyday when I get on the forum someone new says..."sorry guys but got a new car..." Apparently these people know something I dont. I love my civic, and wouldn't exchange it for the world. In the last month on this forum alone 9 people have gotten rid of their civics!!!
Old 04-08-2002
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

civicdude will become famous soon enough
Does it really matter what other people want to do. If you like your car thats great. Some people bought the car for the wrong reason. I bought mine because I needed a reliable car that is good on gas. Also I know that there will be plenty of aftermarket parts available for this car and that in 5 years when i goto sell it, it will still be worth alot of money. I have had 4 honda's and 2 civics....and I wouldnt buy another brand of car.
Old 04-08-2002
Registered!!

antidote11 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have to admit, that I am one of the ones that have sold or traded their Civic in for something else. I myself traded mine in for a 2001 Prelude.

Reasons:
- The Civic was slow, even after I/H/E, it was slower than hell !!
- The car wasn't me, I needed something more "sporty" and quick !!
- I bought it based on the previous generations of Civics, which responed to mods very well,
but the 7th gen Civic was made to be a ULEV and didn't repsond to mods well at all !!
- The Car would have never reached even 170 - 175 HP.
- The Prelude has 200 HP stock and responds very well to mods.
Old 04-08-2002
Registered!!

SWEETRIDE is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah... The people that have sold or traded their civic are "usually" wanting a more sportier car. The 7th gen civic will never be a "sport"/fast car (Unless you have tons of $$$ and that is very few people. A very few "unfortunate" people have had the bad luck and probably gotten a "lemon" being as it was their first year in production, and that will happen with any car manufacturer. And lastly, some people buy them and just don't drive them right and make them have problems (like not giving them time to break in, red line shifting all the time etc...) If you want your car to last then treat it right. I bought mine just over a year ago and wouldn't trade it for anything. It has run like a charm, it's good on gas, and it really looks good and still turns alot of heads.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

Honda all the way!!!
Old 04-08-2002
End Bringer

Voiceofid is an unknown quantity at this point
if it wasn't for the fact that my mom is paying for the payments and insurance and my gas, i would have a 300zx sitting in the garage now instead of this

and i kinda miss it, i was just looking at it one day.. thinking what it would look like when i get the cf hood on(tuesday) and all then sudden i realize i miss it already... damn cars...
Old 04-08-2002
Registered!!

MexMike is an unknown quantity at this point
I love my civic too! I would trade it in if I could afford a IS 300 or a another tight high dollar ride but I can't[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/IMG] hopefully my next car will be one of those once i graduate from college. I get plenty of compliments on my civic though. You can't beat the style, reliability, and fun for the price you pay!
Old 04-08-2002
You boost, I-VTEC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the rough
I was thinking about trading my civic in when the Lancer Evo VII comes out, but as i drive it more and more i begin to see that i don't want to trade it in ever. Sure the Lancer Evo VII will be 10 times faster than my civic will ever be, no matter what i do to it, but its a Honda, reliable and great on gas, and looks damn good. Hey 7th Gen Civics might not be the fastest things in the world but i still love mine.
Old 04-08-2002
Registered!!

2cute is an unknown quantity at this point
The reason people are getting rid of these cars like it's cool is because Honda sucks and majorly screwed up when they redesigned the 7th Gen Civic. I know I'm going to get flamed once again for saying this but Honda has progressivly gone down hill. Now that Honda has a good name and is know for reliability they don't have to work as hard to get people to buy their cars. They are all overly nice to sell you a car but when it comes to fixing the sh!tty cars they make they refuse. I'm stuck in my piece of **** Civic till the trial but after the trial I will be getting as far away from Honda as I can. I have had 5 Civics now ranging from year 1984 to 2001 and the 2k1 is the only on that Honda has produced as a lemon but, since the 1997 Civic it has seemed that Honda has wanted my business less and less. Whatever happen to treating a customer like a Human??? Honda in my eyes is one of the worst car companies right now down there with Ford and Chevy. As far as you liking your car more power to you. I'm glad that you are happy with your car and Honda but there are a lot of us that have been having nothing but problems with American Honda. A lot of people will argue with me on that but that's just how I see it.

<< A very few "unfortunate" people have had the bad luck and probably gotten a "lemon" being as it was their first year in production, and that will happen with any car manufacturer. >>

That is true I am one of the "few" people that got a lemon. I still think there are more people than most people on this site see that did get a sh!tty Civic as well. I'm not talking about rattles and minor annoying things but major mechanical problems. That's just my 2 cents.
Old 04-08-2002
Registered!!

Crashoveride is an unknown quantity at this point
I have thought the same thing as well, and am still thinking of it. I might have a chance to get a 98 Intega w/turbo and might do it but then again I like the look and style of my little civic. Sure it will never be a race car, or not any time soon, but I like to look nice driving around rather than fast. But I think if I traded up for an RSX-S then after a bit I would wanna go higher and higher and would end up with some europen sports car that costs like $200,000.
For now I like my Civic and think I might just keep it.
Old 04-08-2002
Registered!!

mattskav is an unknown quantity at this point
Two BIG reasons:

1) The car has major QC problems
2) Aftermarket support isn't panning out
Old 04-08-2002
You boost, I-VTEC

Hawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the rough
The reason alot of the 2001 civics are having problems is because it is the first year of the redesign of the civic, most first year cars have alot of problems. The 1988 Civics where chalk full of problems, but by 91 they came to be really good cars. The 96 Civics were very bad to, my friend had one with loads of recalls, and some else i knew had a 97 with no problems at all. Hell my cars a 2002 havent had a problem yet except when the put the shift **** on they turned it to much and the boot was tight and it kept fallin out of 5th. So i would expect problems with the 2001's becasue its the first year out for that style.
Old 04-08-2002
Registered!!

bhayes82 is an unknown quantity at this point
MexMike said it best for me -- I totally agree!

I really DO wonder though, what is up with all of those that traded them in. A car is a pretty important decision to make -- i just have to laugh when someone says they hate their civic cuz "it's too damn slow"!! what are you gonna do, get a kia with NOS? i love the ones that come back to the forums to brag about their new WRX or other new car, not even in the same class as the civic. "OMG my car 0wnz j00! suk deez nutz civic boy!!" ummm.. yeah! that car's also $10k MORE than the civic.. i certainly HOPE it can "0wn m33"!

For those that are whining about availability of aftermarket parts, WTF!? the car has only been out about a year... it takes TIME to get quality stuff thru R&D! That's the price you pay for getting a NEW car!

as for quality; it doesn't feel quite the same as my friends' 95 and 97 models, but its a lot better than anything else made in america. sure, there are better cars out there... but for $17,000US, i can't complain. civics rule.

Old 04-08-2002
Registered!!

blackasnight2001 is an unknown quantity at this point
i feel the same way as most do about their civics, i love mine, but every once and awhile when i see or hear about newer faster cars, i want trade mine in for it, but i don't have the $$$ yet so i stay with my civic and i will continue to mod it until i graduate from college and rake in the big $$$ so i can get one of those faster cars...[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 04-08-2002
Registered!!

CIVICMAN67 is an unknown quantity at this point
I like my Civic! It is not a fast car but I like it. I will continue to fix it up untill one day I have enough "chedda" to get a Supra or maybe by that time catch a deal on a skyline. Thinking big helps keep me motivated. until then i will continue to enjoy my civic.
Old 04-08-2002
Registered!!

Snowman is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm thinking about getting an Evo when it comes out. Only problem is that damn insurance and payments are going to kill me.
Old 04-08-2002
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't have any problem with my civic. I bought it as reliable, economic, and inexpensive transportation, what it is meant for. I had no plans to mod it or about it being slow. Then, I got bit by the mod bug and my wallet is taking a hard hit. Once you start modding it his hard to stop. I think most people bought their civic because they liked it and just ended up wanting something faster/sportier. I don't think people are trading them because of quality issues. I don't think the vic has nearly as many problems as some would have you believe. This site is not representative of the civic population. A few are just mad and want to bash on company that has a proven record. They will just slip through the cracks even though they are fighting tooth and nail. Honda makes some of the best cars on the planet and will continue to do so.

Also, it is just easier to buy a fast car to begin with then to constantly be buying mods and altering the oem specs. The si is a great example. It's no barn burner but why not just buy it as you will end up making up the price difference buying every bolt-on imagineable. Modding the car making it faster and more expressive of ones personality is fun, but your wallet takes a terrible hit.
Old 04-08-2002
Registered!!

supYO is an unknown quantity at this point
love my car [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 04-08-2002
Registered!!

Todd1 is an unknown quantity at this point
to heck with everyone else i like mine!!!!!
Old 04-08-2002
Registered!!

SoNiCcIvIc is an unknown quantity at this point
Love over popularity.

Show over performance.

Just my two centences.
Old 04-08-2002
Registered!!

aZnVoYCe has a spectacular aura aboutaZnVoYCe has a spectacular aura about
I love my Civic no matter how slow it is. I love its style.
Old 04-08-2002
Registered!!

Diznavis is an unknown quantity at this point
i love my civic, i plan to get 250,000+ miles out of it
Old 04-08-2002
Registered!!

PeArlHoNdA is an unknown quantity at this point
i will mod out my car totally for show, my car is paid for so when im done tweakin it ill get a "faster" ride for racing. Then just use my vic to hit the beach and goto work lol

PeArLhOnDa
Old 04-08-2002
FIJI-STEVE IS THE OFFICIAL 7THGEN QUEER

Civicster should not be trusted
if it werent for my parents buy. i woulda gotten a 95 mr2 turbo. with 50,000miles on it. had a deal with the onwer tooo....
Old 04-08-2002
Registered!!

Subrage is an unknown quantity at this point
i bought the car because i get great gas milage compared to my other car. i save about $50 a month just on gas. so i only pay really $50 more for a brand new car with 2k miles on it.
i love the style of it compared to previous generations. ( i still like the 6th gen's but not as much)
it gets me from point A to point B. i dont need to get from A to B doing 120. im fine with 70.
Old 04-08-2002
Registered!!

EuroCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Old 04-08-2002
Registered!!

Machina is an unknown quantity at this point
I'll be Honda4Life......
Old 04-09-2002
Registered!!

AceKicker is an unknown quantity at this point
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]I have no idea what is worng with everyoen that hates their 2k1 civic. I love my car to death. she is my baby and I know that she will never *uck on me. ANd you know what if you wnat a real race car then get a si but if you wnat a bad a$$ show car then get a 2k1 civic. But I know that my car can beat some other civics out the trust me I have ran alot of people I lose some but heII ya i still win a bunch too. SO for all the people that talk crap about the 2k1 then u need to find yourself a new site and get off of ours. We are loyal owners. and yall are just a bunch of flakes.
Old 04-14-2002
Registered!!

Purple2001Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont know about everyone else but i love my civic
Old 04-14-2002
Registered!!

NickDaMans02Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Love my civic and the civics will never be fast and be race cars. But if you like your car that is all that matters. I plan on keeping this until I get more cash to get a better car but Honda is still very reliable in my mind.

Nick
Old 04-14-2002
Registered!!

Roosbok is an unknown quantity at this point

<< I have to admit, that I am one of the ones that have sold or traded their Civic in for something else. I myself traded mine in for a 2001 Prelude.

Reasons:
- The Civic was slow, even after I/H/E, it was slower than hell !!
- The car wasn't me, I needed something more "sporty" and quick !!
- I bought it based on the previous generations of Civics, which responed to mods very well,
but the 7th gen Civic was made to be a ULEV and didn't repsond to mods well at all !!
- The Car would have never reached even 170 - 175 HP.
- The Prelude has 200 HP stock and responds very well to mods.
>>

I understand that the Prelude has been discontinued. Just wondering, what will you go to next? Civic Si? Accord Coupe? Acura? Plus, the move from Civic to Prelude is quite a step up in price, not everyone would be willing or able to do that for the reasons you gave.

I heard that Preludes were awsome cars though.

Quick Reply: 2k1civic becoming very unpopular.....