General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Follow the Nissan Z North American Rally

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
al.morales is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Follow the Nissan Z North American Rally

Hey everyone, my name is Al and I work for Marketingwokrs. Just wanted to pop and give you some info. We recently partnered up with Nissan to help promote their upcoming 370Z and the Follow The Nissan Z North American Rally. We've actually had a great amount of people come to the rally dates. It's been a blast for everyone. From munching on some free food, to interacting with other enthusiasts, you might even get to play some Need for Speed: UNDERCOVER at the event. Check out the remaining rally dates on FollowTheNissanZ.com. I actually attended the launch party the night of the unveiling and let me tell you, the car was more than I expected. The pictures don't do it justice at all. You really have to see it up close to get a real feel for it. The engine bay is has a very clean look, I really like how they blended the strut bar within the engine cover. The double-stitch leather just feels right. Period. The interior is stunning. A great step-up from the 350Z. Truly a classic.
So, if any of you are planning on attending, please let me know in advance.

Old 12-10-2008
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
Re: Follow the Nissan Z North American Rally

a few more ponies and a face lift...big woop. it aint no GT-R so i dont see what the big "hype" is
Old 12-10-2008
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

well they also made it little lighter. i think the price point is going to make or break the car. I think the genesis coupe v6 is only suppose be around $25k.
Old 12-10-2008

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

^ AND the genesis has a carbonfiber hood already!

thats madd KDM yo!
Old 12-11-2008
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,160 Likes on 808 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

damn.. i've been trailing right behind the NA rally.. i was in norcal from the 25th to 4th and in vegas from the 4th until friday..
Old 12-11-2008
Registered!!

Talking Re: Follow the Nissan Z North American Rally

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
a few more ponies and a face lift...big woop. it aint no GT-R so i dont see what the big "hype" is
Have you checked into the SynchroRev yet?

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
damn.. i've been trailing right behind the NA rally.. i was in norcal from the 25th to 4th and in vegas from the 4th until friday..
How'd it go? Do you have any pictures you can post on the Follow The Z website?
Old 12-11-2008

Originally Posted by al.morales
Have you checked into the SynchroRev yet?
omg thats so cool, im just gonna use that every day when i race around my 10mph turn to get to my house.

its a great feature, no doubt, dont get me wrong... but its not all that woopi doo... just another lazy-man's technological advancement.... straying away from good learned technic...(but of corse, its these kinds of advancements that makes cars faster and faster every day)

id just rather see the skill in driving, and being able to heel-toe properly than to have a computer do it for me, although im sure the computer will do it alot better, but that doesnt define drivers....

kinda like... that triprtonic gearbox and manual gearbox.... you get my gist =]
Old 12-11-2008
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,160 Likes on 808 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

How'd it go? Do you have any pictures you can post on the Follow The Z website?
nah... i was saying that i've showed up to visit family in the general areas right after the rally left.. lol..
Old 12-11-2008
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

yeah watching Tsuchiya do his heel toe in the ae86 is pretty amazing to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFvI8B6nU84
Old 12-11-2008

^now thats wt im talking bout.....
Old 12-22-2008
Registered!!

Hey guys don't forget, the rally is coming to an end with the last two rally dates taking place in Florida. The first of the final two is in Orlando on January 4th @ LOLLICUP (106 S. Semoran Blvd., Winter Park, Fl 32792) from 2PM-6PM. The Last date will take place in Miami on January 9th in a yet to be determined location.

If you guys want to see a short video on the SynchroRev technology, check it out here: http://community.followthenissanz.co...064/60840.html
Old 12-30-2008
Registered!!

Hey guys, the new Z goes on sale today at Nissan dealers nationwide with a Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP)* starting at $29,930 for the 2009 Nissan 370Z Coupe equipped with a 6-speed manual transmission and $31,230 with the new 7-speed automatic transmission. The new Z is also offered in a 370Z Coupe Touring model, which is priced at $34,460 with the 6-speed manual and $35,760 with the 7-speed automatic transmission.

For more details head on over to: http://www.nissannews.com/newsrelease.do?id=653&mid=1
Old 01-06-2009
Registered!!

Hey guys, if any of you will be in the Miami area THIS SATURDAY, the 10th, head on down to CLUB SPACE (34 NE 11th Street, Miami, FL 33132) from 10PM - 4AM and celebrate the final date of the FOLLOW THE NISSAN Z Rally. Come and get your party on.
Old 01-06-2009
Registered!!

MidnightRook will become famous soon enoughMidnightRook will become famous soon enough

Hey guys, if any of you will be in the Miami area THIS SATURDAY, the 10th, head on down to CLUB SPACE (34 NE 11th Street, Miami, FL 33132) from 10PM - 4AM and celebrate the final date of the FOLLOW THE NISSAN Z Rally. Come and get your party on.
What do you drive? (it's not on your profile)
Old 01-07-2009

he is starting to sound like a spam rep from [maybe] some sponsored personnel of the nissan Z rally or from nissan themselves.
Old 01-07-2009
Registered!!

the pricing seems ok. Then again you can get a new wrx with the 269hp turbo and awd for $28k now.