General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Q: Greddy Emanage??

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to all
Q: Greddy Emanage??

I have this unit coming my way and ive been searching around and finding so many mixed versions of this thing. Im just looking for feedback on anyone thats run this piggyback?

ive seen pics where the pistons were completely ruined and even molten metal in some cases. Ive heard that it is a POS unit and to stay away from it all together?

ive also heard that it can safely run my boosted car with no problems and eliminate the OEM limiters....

im lost and need some insight?
Old 10-21-2008
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Q: Greddy Emanage??

bought before you sought (advice)?

well you're asking a forum of guys with a completely different motor from a different car company...have you tried asking on zilvia.net, 240forums, or other Nissan forums?
Old 10-21-2008
Registered!!

FGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to all

i realize i have a different engine, thats not my question!
i want feedback on the unit regardless. Is it a good unit or not?
Old 10-21-2008
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute

rofl. you got owned dude. if you even thought about researching the product before you bought it... ITS TERRIBLE. well its not bad people have got it to work correctly but there are other units that can do the same thing and more, easier and more "reliable" for just a little more buck.
Old 10-21-2008
Registered!!

hmmm?
i never got "PWnd" as it is FREE to me, im doing my research now before i install it into an engine that will be 10k to rebuild.

maybe ill sell it off and buy an FCon?

id still like to see more feedback on the Emanage however
Old 10-21-2008
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute

It's not the best tool to use but it can work if you know what you're doing. It adds fuel and allows you alter timing up to certain point. Can it run a boosted car sure. The problem is that our cars run off 02 sensors for cloosed loop operation. You can tune the car fine when you're at WOT but the problem starts with partial throttle tuning which is where you'll be driving most of the time. Thats just a basic summary I can go in to details but there's alot of info out there that you can find. Don't know what you're using it for but if you plan on using low boost and I mean like 5-7psi I say sure use the emanage since its free. If you plan on running any higher step it up to something else and save yourself alot of headaches.
Old 10-21-2008
Registered!!

well, TheSkylineShop will be installing it for me and tuning it so i wont be attempting to sit there and dialing it looking for that sweet spot cuz even i know thats the stupidist thing a guy could do. But even tuned by a Pro ive heard can be disasterous. A guy i know with a Skyline apparently had the Emanage on the exact engine as i have although his is at 400BHP (so maybe this was the problem??) but im only after getting my boost just slightly past the the stock settings. I have all the supporting mods such as a full 3" exhaust system including the Testpipe, Greddy FMIC, etc....
im at 10 PSI right now and the stock ECU will allow for 12 PSI, however you need to be really finicky as when you near 12 PSI you have to be dead on otherwise the ECU/AFM will see to much airflow and buck out on ya'
so....with that being said^ im trying to get the car to 15 PSI and have the stock limiters ignored using the Emanage.

id hate to install it then to find fragments of pistons, rings, bearings, etc in the palm of my hand?
Old 10-21-2008
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute

From what u said don't do it! The emanage is only good at altering the ecu signals slightly so if you want 15 psi, get something better. I think you mentioned FCON, but is the stock ecu programmable like STI's and Evos? Just curious.
Old 10-21-2008
Registered!!

mr jones should not be trustedmr jones should not be trusted

im not an expert or anything but the emanage will do the job for just low boost but if u wanna go into higher boost i would def go with standalone. jus to be safe. like u said ur engine cost alot to rebuild. plus spending money to get it tuned with emange, then later down the line when u want more boost ur gonna have to have it tuned again with the standalone. dont do what i did. jus do it right the first time and it will save you some money. just my opinion.
Old 10-21-2008
Registered!!

baron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of light

May I just ask why in the bloody hell you are even still floating around this forum. There are plenty of experienced civic guys around, you don't own a civic, not even close to a civic. Now you are asking questions about a piggy-back that is drastically different used on a civic and a skyline. Even if people do have experience with it on a civic, its a stock n/a car, adding boost is a huge step for a civic. You are talking about a car already built for boost, turbo from the factory with an ecu that is setup to read positive pressure. A piggy on that is too different from a civic ecu that wants to commit suicide when it sees positive pressure. My two cents says either ask someone with experience with skylines or something remotely close... or quit being cheap and buy a standalone.
Old 10-21-2008
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute

^^im with him. he sounds smart.
Old 10-21-2008
Registered!!

affixrider will become famous soon enough

hey man if i were you go ahead and run with the fcon. i used to have a 94 supra running that and i never had any problems. and a tuner shop should be able to tune it real easily if they really know what they are doing. i would also ask the tuner shops around and see how much experienced that they have installing and tuning it. my supra was pushing 650 to the wheels on a upgraded setup with fcon and no problems. but thats just my 2 cents.
Old 10-21-2008
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold

The eManage is a good system if you know how to tune it right. I had it when I was boosted becase it was the only thing you can run on the d17 to tune it (before AEM EMS). The problem people ran into was the VTEC cam timing. You could't tune it once the timing switched becasue it always changed at diffrent times. I myself have the DX ECU so I used my VFAC II to engage the VTEC timing at a certain RPM so when tunning there wasn't any major obsticles to overcome.
Old 10-21-2008
Registered!!

thank you^
thats what i was after!!!

my RB25DET has NVCS which is simialar to VTEC in aspect. I think it wont work after hearing this.

lol
Old 10-21-2008
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by baron340
May I just ask why in the bloody hell you are even still floating around this forum.
Rep applied.
Old 10-21-2008
Registered!!

for the most of those here....youve been alot of help. But for those like yourself lordhelmet.....lmfao!

**** if i care!