General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Thoughts on various new cars coming out... ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
brill is just really nicebrill is just really nicebrill is just really nicebrill is just really nice
Thoughts on various new cars coming out... ?

Howdy all... Living in a small redneckville such as Vernon, one often runs out of things to do with his or her nights... this occasionally leaves me wandering around car lots at 2am looking at all of the new stuff car companies are coming out with. I've got plenty of thoughts on various new vehicles... such as Corolla, Matrix, Vibe, etc.

Something I'm noticing is that everything that is coming out is looking more and more...'bizarre' ?. Take the corolla for example... supposed to be brand new, super hyped... looks GREAT in the commercial... but you get down to the toyota lot and the old corolla looks better... but not much different from the new corolla. Do this... picture a 2000-2001 corolla with a bodykit and "type S" on the back... then blow it up and make it look a little bubbly and rounded... but keep the wheelbase the same as the old model. oh and don't forget to pull back the lights like *every other car on the market*

Now matrix vs. mp5... I'd like to think i'd choose matrix for toyota reliability... but take a look at the matrix... its bloated! I find it substantially larger... like unneccesarily larger than most other cars... I actually thought it was an SUV when I first walked up to it... hella huge, and like most of the other toyota cars... too large for their wheelbase.

Honda CRV... I love that it's a honda... I love that they finally stopped it from looking like the ultumite "soccer-mom-mobile" but I find there's too much black plastic trim going on for my taste... it reminds me of the GM Avalanche... but not to that extreme. Also with the lights pulled back around the hood... I'm starting to wonder how long this headlight 'fad' will continue? I bet fins and chrome looked awesome in the 50's... will accented headlights be the 'mark' of 'early 2000's'?

Now speaking of the GM Avalanche... holy mother of pearl... someone should fire all of the GM design team. Look what they did to sunfire and grand am... then they went on to bring us such atrocities as Aztek, Rendezvous, and what I am still waiting to see in person... Vibe.

Anyways thats my "general rambling"... hopefully other people will fill in where I left off... We don't have many car lots here in Vernon so I don't get the opportunity to see many new cars up close.

Old 04-06-2002
Registered!!

01SOHCcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
I also have to agree that the Toyota Matrix iS fuggin HUGE
i drove by a Toyota Sales Lot and i saw the Matrix it was WAYY too big for my taste
i duno why but the matrix kinda reminds me of the celica
the matrix looks like a celica eating a little bit too many chocolate chip muffins[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 04-06-2002
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey, don't feel bad. I have spent many nights cruising the dealers at the wee hours of the morning, have been since I was like 16.
Old 04-06-2002
Registered!!

2cute is an unknown quantity at this point
Personally I have driven about everything on the market. The Protege 5 was alright a little more power than the civic but the usable space in the Protege 5 is much better. The Matrix is huge yes I liked the Vibe better. It seems a little smaller bodied but in all honesty everything else is identical between the two. I drove the Vibe GT with the 180 hp VVTL-I engine and like the Celica GT-S you can FEEL that lift if you can keep it in the high cam. Definatly like the Vibe better than the Matrix. The Celica GT-S better than both in my opinion. The Lancer is a Mirage with a new name. 130 hp but it is so heavy you can't feel it. The Civic Si and the RSX-S did not impress me. Plus you are looking at paying $21,440 for a Civic and $25,000 for an Integra when you could have a car like the WRX for the same price with a lot more power and a lot more reliability. Going from a Celica that you can tell when you are in the high cam to the pathetic I-VTEC major disappointment. The WRX VERY impressive. I still think it doesn't feel like a $25,000 car but definatly well worth the money. If you have a little less money the Sentra SE-R Spec V for $17,200 well worth the money. The torque is what sets this car apart and gives it the edge. The new Civic sucks a$$ in my opinion but hey that's just me. I have yet to drive the Aerio but it doesn't look that impressive. The V-6 Tiberon is impressive for a Hyundai but for $20,000 it isn't a powerful enough V-6. The Corolla Type-s is 130 hp VVT-I engine but it is like the same price as the civic. The Corolla is a better buy. I have yet to drive the SVT Focus from what I have heard they are pretty nice but it is a Ford. But that's my 2 cents.