General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Crotch Rocket

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ArjoonKumar will become famous soon enough
Crotch Rocket

I'm lookin to get my first bike ever and i want to get a crotch rocket. I was thinking a ninja 250 since it will be my first. What other bikes are good for a bike noob?
Old 09-26-2008
the best kind of lovin is from the oven!

ProjectMayhemR will become famous soon enough
Re: Crotch Rocket

suzuki katana. more power than the 250. It's less likely to wheelie on you since its heavier due to it's steel frame. Comes in 600cc and 750cc.
Old 09-26-2008
just a man with a civic

sicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of light

ducati 999 <---thats a bike. lol
Old 09-26-2008
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

<< was also looking for a katana, but they seem to be overpriced near where i live. might wait til winter time and look some more...will be my first bike as well.
Old 09-26-2008
the best kind of lovin is from the oven!

ProjectMayhemR will become famous soon enough

yea katanas tend to run between 3000 and 4000 in kc. Craigslist is where its at for motorcycles, my brother got a 2006 yamaha fz1 for $4000 its pretty sick.
Old 09-26-2008
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tuningmycivic
<< was also looking for a katana, but they seem to be overpriced near where i live. might wait til winter time and look some more...will be my first bike as well.
Yo tony.. how much you trying to spend on a bike?? I could probably get you a great deal on a brand new 600 Suzuki, Honda, Kawi... whatever. Just let me know or call me. I would suggest getting a 600 cuz I was gonna get a 600 but then ended up getting my 06 Honda CBR 1000RR cuz I knew that I would eventually want more power and I'm glad that I did. Also I suggest taking an Beginners MSF class (Motorcycle Safety Foundation course). They offer it at FTCC for like $100 or so but it's over the weekend and after the class you don't have to worry about taking the riding portion at the DMV and just take the written/computer test to get the M on your license. Oh and another bonus is that you get a discount on insurance since its a safety course plus you can get your decal for base since you have the MSF class under your belt. This advice is also for ArjoonKumar. Well like I said Tony holla at me. Oh also the dealer that I know is out in Rockingham and they give the same deal all year round. I'll let you know how much I got my bike for...

MSRP $11,299
Dealer $9498
Savings $1801

Oh, they also sell used bikes. Come on just on the crotch rocket bandwagon TONY!!!!

Last edited by filipinop1405; 09-26-2008 at 12:24 PM.
Old 09-26-2008
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all

250's are fun, and easy to ride. If you get a 600 for your first bike, dont take it too hard to fast.

Ninja 250's are reliable
YZF600R's are reliable, and easy to ride
CBR600 is easy as well
GSXR600 and up are hard to ride, never tried too scared.
Old 09-26-2008
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ProjectMayhemR
suzuki katana. more power than the 250. It's less likely to wheelie on you since its heavier due to it's steel frame. Comes in 600cc and 750cc.
the katana is a POS bike....it looks gay as well as its perforance is gay...

its highly suggested that you take the MSF course...and you should be ok with any 600cc bike.

if u get a 600cc bike, get an old one, because i can promise you, you will drop ur bike....dont get anything higher than a 600cc bike.

250 are a great start, but thye lack the power....ALOT....and after a few months, you will get very bored with them...

try going on other forums such as 600rr.net or r6-forum.com for more info... most ppl here dont know **** when it comes to bikes and cannot even fathom the greatness of it....

if you do decide to get a bike, welcome to the brotherhood =]
Old 09-26-2008
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute

Check out the FZ6 (yamaha). Great bike for a beginner. Still fast but not too powerful to really get you in trouble. Look into an older 600cc sportbike like 2000-2005. The newer sportbikes are very fast and you wouldn't want to wad up a brand new bike anyway if you're just starting out.
Old 09-26-2008
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

Originally Posted by filipinop1405
Yo tony.. how much you trying to spend on a bike??
Oh, they also sell used bikes. Come on just on the crotch rocket bandwagon TONY!!!!
actually, i was only looking to spend 3-4k initially. this will be my first bike so i don't want to be crushed because of the money i spent if something happens to it, ie dropped, laid down, high-side, etc, etc...

i've been looking at older 600s all morning on craigslist.
Old 09-26-2008
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light

actually, i was only looking to spend 3-4k initially. this will be my first bike so i don't want to be crushed because of the money i spent if something happens to it, ie dropped, laid down, high-side, etc, etc...

i've been looking at older 600s all morning on craigslist.
Well like I said they have used bikes and some, not all are posted on their website, sportcycles.com. I understand that you don't want to spend so much on your first bike. But the main thing when riding is respecting the power that your bike has and just know that you will drop your bike, it's just a matter of time and when. My 1000 has plenty of power and when I first started riding it I was intimidated but I learned the bike and how it reacts. Now that I've been riding it for the last 2 years I've been loving it! oh I also suggest that your first mod be frame sliders! You'll see why!
Old 09-26-2008
Registered!!

^ i agree...a full cage is a bit much and i don't intend on stuntin' anyway. i already like being out just driving around. i've always wanted a bike and i can't imagine there being a more enjoyable thing to do around here. besides, with gas prices the way they are, it's getting expensive to even drive the civic. boost ftw, but over-priced 93-octane FTL!!
Old 09-26-2008
Registered!!

ONE7thREBUILT has a spectacular aura aboutONE7thREBUILT has a spectacular aura about

Double post.
Old 09-26-2008
Registered!!

ONE7thREBUILT has a spectacular aura aboutONE7thREBUILT has a spectacular aura about

For your first bike a Ninja 250 is a really good choice. Top speed isn't that high, accelerates nicely and has a super forgiving clutch.
Old 09-26-2008
Registered!!

VicBNimble is an unknown quantity at this point

A Ninja 250 is a good starter bike like everyone has mentioned, but you will get bored with the lack of power once your riding skill improves. MSF course is HIGHLY recommended (that's how I learned to ride). Grab a used Ninja 250 (they're cheap and hold resale value pretty well after they hit around 3 years old) and learn at your own pace, then when you're ready for more power, sell it and get something newer...and bigger.
Old 09-26-2008
Registered!!

beadebaserr will become famous soon enoughbeadebaserr will become famous soon enough

a ninja 250 would be a waste of money, you'll want more power a month later. i'm also going to contradict whoever said you'll for sure drop your bike and to get an older one. know your limits, be careful, and you won't drop it.

my advice? gsxr 750. just take it easy for awhile.
Old 09-26-2008
Registered!!

ArjoonKumar will become famous soon enough

i'm afraid of popping a wheelie and losing control so that's why i was mostly lookin at a ninja 250. I also liked what i saw of the 250s acceleration and if it holds its resale value for a while then i can sell it buy a more powerful one when i'm ready. i was lookin at MSF and the classes were full up here for like a year.
Old 09-26-2008
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute

every squid in the world gets a gixxer. i started on my f4i and i'd recommend it for anyone. you WILL drop your first bike. everyone does . i dropped mine the second day i got it in the parking lot. but yea. you can find really good f4i's for around $3k. thats how much i paid. just keep checking craigslist and make sure you go with someone who knows how to maintain bikes. and please always wear your gear.
Old 09-26-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by beadebaserr
a ninja 250 would be a waste of money, you'll want more power a month later. i'm also going to contradict whoever said you'll for sure drop your bike and to get an older one. know your limits, be careful, and you won't drop it.

Two questions do you ride and if so how long? Were talkin about a starter bike. I can get a 250 ninja cheap, ****, my little brothers girl got an 07 with low miles for $1500.

For a first bike any 250 is the way to go. I've got a CBR 600RR and I've been ridin bikes with motors since I can remember. The 600 is plenty fast, I will kill nearly every car I see on it. Start with something slow if your serious about it, otherwise you'll be a statistic.

Last edited by ONE7thREBUILT; 09-26-2008 at 06:49 PM. Reason: This question is for the starter of this post.
Old 09-26-2008

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by beadebaserr
i'm also going to contradict whoever said you'll for sure drop your bike and to get an older one. know your limits, be careful, and you won't drop it.

why not get an liter bike? take it easy on the throttle and he should be alright.............right?
Old 09-26-2008
Registered!!

CivicDriver03 is on a distinguished road

just get a Honda CBR RR 600 or a GSXR!
Old 09-26-2008
Registered!!

600RR is not a starter bike. If you aren't gonna pull the handle back get whatever you want.

If you want to learn to ride a bike while completely rippin on it get a 250, which I seriously recomend. Swollow your f@%$in pride buy a 250 and learn to ride. It will benifit you a lot for many years to come.
Old 09-26-2008

most people who respect the bike and have self control can manage just about any 600cc bike w/o problems....

you will not be able to pop a wheelie unless u rev it to like 5k and drop the clutch...they 600s are still very forgiving....especially compared to 1000s

and the fact that many many many ppl HAVE started out with a 1000, means it CAN be done....ur learning curve will just be different.
Old 09-26-2008

i started out with a 250 about 4 years ago. i rode it for 6 months.... after the 2second month, i found myself trying to WOT it every chance i get because it wasnt really fast at all (especially after i rode my friends r6)

i found myself not really respecting the bike's [little] power and that will lead to future bad habits once you move up to a bigger bike.

after i rode 600cc for a while, i really thought to myself that if i had started on the 600cc, i would have really respected the bikes power alot more...

not i am months away from getting an R1 =]

but i tell you, everyone is different.
Old 09-26-2008
Registered!!

Agreed, but my main reason for reccomending a 250 for the starter is cause you can beat the hell out of it and react, which makes you a better rider. Thats my experience anyways. You can do whatever you want thats just me talkin.
Old 09-26-2008
Registered!!

well you guys are making good points but the bottom line is repect the bikes power... and everyone will drop there bike or lay it down. i don't care how experienced you are its gonna happen at least once. if you haven't gone down yet, i applaud you but it wil happen sooner or later. anyways, i'm not here to argue. just share my experience and the way i went. i got a liter bike... heres my baby for those that haven't seen it....

oh and it is my first bike but i learned to ride through an MSF course first which was on a honda rebel. it's really up to you what you choose and what you feel that you can respect. like i've said before and everyone has said it again... take the MSF course and then decide. find one that provides the bike, the one here does.

Last edited by filipinop1405; 09-26-2008 at 09:15 PM.
Old 09-26-2008
Registered!!

^ i agree...a full cage is a bit much and i don't intend on stuntin' anyway. i already like being out just driving around. i've always wanted a bike and i can't imagine there being a more enjoyable thing to do around here. besides, with gas prices the way they are, it's getting expensive to even drive the civic. boost ftw, but over-priced 93-octane FTL!!
hurry up and get one so that way we can ride together... i'm always riding alone... or with my girl on the back.
Old 09-26-2008
Registered!!

i feel ya bro, but i'd never get the wife on back of one. she says i could get a harley or something no prob, but she doesn't want me to have a crotch rocket you can get hurt just as quick on either one if you don't respect the bike. simple as that.
Old 09-26-2008
just a man with a civic

sicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of light

im planning on getting an r6 rather than the r1 because that is too much power for me.
Old 09-26-2008
I'll flip out and kill people.

modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned

for a first bike i recommend a busa. don't forget to slap a big turbo on that ho... you want 300hp minimum

Quick Reply: Crotch Rocket