General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Crotch Rocket

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008
just a man with a civic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Crotch Rocket

^ put wings on it and it might fly. lmao
Old 09-26-2008
just a man with a civic

sicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of light

busas are pretty cheap. about 5k, or is that just where i live?
Old 09-26-2008
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

you know, for a thread that was shaping up to actually be useful, there are those that can't leave a good thing be...
Old 09-27-2008
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light

So tru... but those are probably the guys that dont have the guts to even get one...
Old 09-28-2008
Registered!!

technick03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Gixxer owns !!!!!

Got a 600 for my 1st bike . . want the new 750 though !! Don't like the headlight on the 1000 or would get that !
Old 09-28-2008
Registered!!

icedrummer is an unknown quantity at this point

I bought a mini crotch rocket its great small go to www.minipocketrockets.com have the best bikes
Old 09-28-2008
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by technick03
Gixxer owns !!!!!

Got a 600 for my 1st bike . . want the new 750 though !! Don't like the headlight on the 1000 or would get that !
^the perfect example of a squid comment

are you kidding me? they are the worst in the 600 class next to the ninja...
Old 09-29-2008
Registered!!

ArjoonKumar will become famous soon enough

if the ninja has a lack of power won't it be like driving a civic. haha
Old 09-29-2008
Registered!!

EM2MAGMET914 can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by ArjoonKumar
if the ninja has a lack of power won't it be like driving a civic. haha

bin lookin on this thread n lookin up sum bikes reccomended and im a newbie want to get into bikes and all so kinda nice this guy started a thread askin for advice but um im kind of a big guy..im 6'1 n im in shape n all...if u count round as a shape but yes lol would a ninja b a big guy bike?? or should i get like a harley or something? idkk just askin was lookin at the 250r cuz i wanna learn n all n new its lik 4000 just about....idk...ninja?..or turbo on the vic?? hmmzz lol jp but yea i want a bike but dont wanna look silly on it
Old 09-29-2008
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

Holy crap is this thread full of fail. I've never seen more bad advice given to a new rider. This isn't even a riders forum its a civic forum, why bother asking here.

Heres MY advice:

Anybody can ride anything, 250s, 600s, liters, 4 cylinders, 2 cylinders. Of course you can ride the bike. The problem with higher displacement bikes is that they are alot easier to wreck, even if you're taking it easy.

Riding a bike isn't just a cruise on an empty rode. You'll be driving through traffic, and God knows that not everyone is a safe driver these days. **** happens, people make mistakes. A larger displacement bike, and a four cylinder for that matter is much trickier to get out of a sticky situation than a smaller bike. When a car cuts out in front of you, and you're a new rider, you'll panic. Snapping back on the throttle, flipping your **** over..

Its just more dangerous.. and PLUS its harder to learn on a higher displacement bike as well.. even more for a four cylinder. Take a rider who's been riding on a 250 for 2 years, then take a rider whos been riding on a 600 for 2 years. Then give the guy on the 250 a 600, and in two weeks, the ex-250 owner will be a 100x better rider than the guy who started on a 600. The learning curve is much more forgiving and smoother on a smaller bike.

Its about being smart. You should be getting a bike to ride, not to pick up girls and ride fast. Get a bike to learn how to ride, so that you can enjoy it longer.. you will thank me later for this I promise you.

But like I said you can start on any size bike you want. My recommendation: An older Ninja 250/500, A Buell Blast, or A Suzuki SV650.

And its not about IF you'll fall/wreck/drop your bike. Its just when. Every rider falls.. it just happens.

Take your MSF first, buy your gear.. all of it, and then look into getting a safer, smarter bike.
Old 09-29-2008
Registered!!

^^^^ very nice advicee thnxxx

i still need an answer on the can a fatman ride a crotch rocket n not look like a fool
Old 09-29-2008
just a man with a civic

Originally Posted by DsevenEm2
Holy crap is this thread full of fail. I've never seen more bad advice given to a new rider. This isn't even a riders forum its a civic forum, why bother asking here.

Heres MY advice:

Anybody can ride anything, 250s, 600s, liters, 4 cylinders, 2 cylinders. Of course you can ride the bike. The problem with higher displacement bikes is that they are alot easier to wreck, even if you're taking it easy.

Riding a bike isn't just a cruise on an empty rode. You'll be driving through traffic, and God knows that not everyone is a safe driver these days. **** happens, people make mistakes. A larger displacement bike, and a four cylinder for that matter is much trickier to get out of a sticky situation than a smaller bike. When a car cuts out in front of you, and you're a new rider, you'll panic. Snapping back on the throttle, flipping your **** over..

Its just more dangerous.. and PLUS its harder to learn on a higher displacement bike as well.. even more for a four cylinder. Take a rider who's been riding on a 250 for 2 years, then take a rider whos been riding on a 600 for 2 years. Then give the guy on the 250 a 600, and in two weeks, the ex-250 owner will be a 100x better rider than the guy who started on a 600. The learning curve is much more forgiving and smoother on a smaller bike.

Its about being smart. You should be getting a bike to ride, not to pick up girls and ride fast. Get a bike to learn how to ride, so that you can enjoy it longer.. you will thank me later for this I promise you.

But like I said you can start on any size bike you want. My recommendation: An older Ninja 250/500, A Buell Blast, or A Suzuki SV650.

And its not about IF you'll fall/wreck/drop your bike. Its just when. Every rider falls.. it just happens.

Take your MSF first, buy your gear.. all of it, and then look into getting a safer, smarter bike.
best advise in this threat yet. ill +1 you.
Old 09-29-2008
Registered!!

d17civickid is a glorious beacon of lightd17civickid is a glorious beacon of lightd17civickid is a glorious beacon of lightd17civickid is a glorious beacon of lightd17civickid is a glorious beacon of lightd17civickid is a glorious beacon of light

yes very good advice.. n i thought i was the only one that wanted to buy a bike!! lol... but yea im looking at a suzuki gs500 or a ninja 500r.. the problem with a 250 for me is that its too small... im 6'4 and about 200 pounds... what do you think?? is a 500 still too small?

Last edited by d17civickid; 09-29-2008 at 09:42 PM.
Old 09-29-2008
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute

Take a rider who's been riding on a 250 for 2 years, then take a rider whos been riding on a 600 for 2 years. Then give the guy on the 250 a 600, and in two weeks, the ex-250 owner will be a 100x better rider than the guy who started on a 600.
i disagree. everyone learns differently, and it's not an exact science. what do you define as a "better" rider? someone that can go around a track faster? someone who rides safe? it's pretty hard to flip a bike over. unless you're going way faster than you should, and slam on the front brakes, it just wont happen. also, you can be just as stupid on a 250 as you can on a 600. i'd think that people would get too confident on a 250 and ride more carelessly. take the MSF course, and you'll be fine.
Old 09-29-2008
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

^exactly.

by my 3rd month on the 250 i was trying to full wheelies and knee drag.....even though i coudnt do it....it was some wreckness driving....

then when i hopped on a 600rr, wow, was i careful...cuz i knew one wrong twist of the throttle, i be down...

Last edited by sl33pyriceboi; 09-29-2008 at 07:55 PM.
Old 09-29-2008
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute

The key is ride within your limits. MSF class is a must and after you get your license practice, practice, and practice. If you're into stunting, canyons, cruising w/e know your limits and resist temptation to do irresponsible things. We all take risks but just understand the consequences of your actions.
Old 09-29-2008
Registered!!

sethro is an unknown quantity at this point

May I suggest this fine machine sir? if you got the dough why not?

Last edited by sethro; 09-29-2008 at 10:46 PM.
Old 09-30-2008
Registered!!

ArjoonKumar will become famous soon enough

Heres MY advice:

Thanks man this was very helpful best advice i've seen
Old 09-30-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

jmiester96 will become famous soon enoughjmiester96 will become famous soon enough

man my first bike was a Suzuki GSX-R 600. Everyone was trying to convince me to get something smaller or a katana. Nah man. I'm so happy i didn't get anything smaller. Definetly a fun bike just be very careful and take the motorcycle safety class.
Old 09-30-2008
Registered!!

ONE7thREBUILT has a spectacular aura aboutONE7thREBUILT has a spectacular aura about

One more thing to add, don't know if anyone has brought this up yet. If you grew up on a bike doing crazy $h!t, motorized or not, you will be much better starting off than someone who didn't.
Old 09-30-2008
Registered!!

Ti71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone here like cuisers? I'd prefer a harley over a sport bike.
Old 09-30-2008
Registered!!

ONE7thREBUILT has a spectacular aura aboutONE7thREBUILT has a spectacular aura about

One of my good friends rides a Suzuki Boulevard 1.8L. I do a lot of the work to my civic there.

If it’s a cruiser we’re talking about and not a crotch rocket they are two very different things. The Boulevard looks, sounds, and rides great; don’t try to ride fast around corners on it. Any crotch rocket; let the cops try and pull me over on my favorite road.
Old 09-30-2008
Registered!!

RallyeRedRider has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Originally Posted by EM2MAGMET914
i still need an answer on the can a fatman ride a crotch rocket n not look like a fool

Old 09-30-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by RallyeRedRider

:ro flmao:

oh man thts incredible...thnk god im not THT big...or atleast i dont think lol yea im good oh man..thts one way to SLAM a ride hahahaha oh thts cool but yea idk ima have to see....is there a diff in size between the kawasaki's 250 500 n the 650? if not thn ill prob deff get the 250 cuz im young schoolin and need something cheap but very efficeint and even though the mileage on my 05 civic is great...no way am i gonna get 60mpg on it....
Old 10-01-2008
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold

Havn't read all the posts, but a 250 ninja excellerates nicely??? Honestly..but its decent first bike.

I'd say go buy a cheap dirt bike and learn the basics on that. Don't waste your money on a 250 ninja becasue lets admit its a POS. It never idols right and has horrible electrical problems. Plus its boring after about the 1st hour of riding it.

If you trust yourself get a beat up but decent runnign 600 and dont rev into the throttle to much, always remember dont fear the bike but respect it. Fear gets you hurt so does lack of respect.

These are tips from a guy who races bike both drag and track, and has hit over 200mph a good number of times.
Old 10-02-2008
Registered!!

No one ever said the ninja was fast.
Old 10-02-2008
Registered!!

RallyeRedRider has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Those new 250's (08+) look sweet. I think I'd rock one.
Old 10-04-2008
I'll flip out and kill people.

modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned

did you ever get the busa? there's nothing better to learn on. even if you can't ride a bicycle, a hayabusa is the best place to start.
Old 11-10-2008
Registered!!

cyberlanboy09 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah im a noob rider too. But i was lookin at getting a Big bike to start with now i know that it will be hard but i think ill be fine.
i need to know which of the following would be the best bike to buy money isnt an issue right now.
suzuki-gsxr1000
or
jonda-1000RR
or
kawasaki ninja zx-10R
or
yamaha R1
or
ducati 1098 R

also can anybody find out how much the ducati costs.__cant find it
Old 11-10-2008
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute

This is a joke right?

Quick Reply: Crotch Rocket