General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Please look

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jsredlineracer is an unknown quantity at this point
Please look

hi to everyone on the forums
i have a few questions that i hope you guys can help me with.

i have a 2001 honda civic ex coupe

---SRS light is on.(car is clean tittle and has all vin #'s) ive seen something aboutseatbelt but have not understood it 2 well

---my turn signals/hazards wont work.(i checked the fuses) they sometimes come onbut will blink only once maybe 2 times if im lucky but then it will just stop. ive been hearing it could be a rellay but if anyone knows anything on this and would like to help me i would greatly appreciate it

---im not looking to spend 2 much money on it right now but i want to put a muffler not whole catback though and was wondering if anyone here has a stock civic and has any opinion on what i should do

thanks for looking and special thanks to all those who take their time to help me out
Old 12-15-2007
This is Myspace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Please look

---srs light could be a serious problem.. id get that checked out before your airbag explodes in your face when your driving on the highway, causing a major breaking news story

---could be a relay problem or a bad connection at the bulbs.. check both

---i have a magnaflow muffler (not a whole catback, just the muffler) for sale... im selling it 100+ cheaper than you would buy it from the manufacturer..and its brand new. pm me if youre interested..

welcome to the site.. use the search function frequently because theres alot of info throughout this site thats probably been covered before.
Old 12-15-2007
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

-- already stated with the post above.

-- check ALL ur fuses again...meaning pull ALL of them out, and check it agian...
you have TWO....not one...but TWO fuse locations...one under ur steering wheel, and one in ur engine bay(driver side engine bay)

-- let me giv you a word of advice.... save ur money, invest in a HKS hi-power axle back or magnaflow full cat exhause.

why get an exhaust now and have it sound like a rice fart cannon?

dont go for cheap.....you get what you pay for.... i had to learn all that the hard way...
Old 12-15-2007
Registered!!

jsredlineracer is an unknown quantity at this point

as far as the two fuse boxes i have to check ive seen the one under the steering wheel but idk anything about another fuse box other than the one under the hood. i guess ill have to take out every single fuse and check it and also check the wiring from the turn signal on(im a noob so please wish me luck and that i dont mess anything up.)

as far as the magnaflow it has to e full catback so it aint loud? cause im planning on leaving my car fairly stock with minor if any engine mods. atleast for now.

thanks guys
Old 12-15-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

having just an axleback which is basically just a muffler with a bit of piping AFTER the rear axle.. is just as good for performance and will be quieter than a full catback... as long as you get a quality muffler. you'd get a ricey shitty sound coming out the back if you went and got one of those crappy ebay mufflers or something like that.

full catbacks are often louder than axlebacks..

you get what you pay for.. if youre looking for minor mods, i wouldnt go waste 300+ on a full catback system which will give you just about the same amount of performance as an axleback.

you can go for a quality magnaflow muffler which are 200+ or an HKS axleback which sounds amazing and also abovew 200... or an rsx axleback which can be found for cheaper

dont go and get just any muffler, you might end up with a terrible sound.. stay off of the cheap ebay ones or the ones at discount auto..
Old 12-16-2007

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jsredlineracer

as far as the magnaflow it has to e full catback so it aint loud? cause im planning on leaving my car fairly stock with minor if any engine mods. atleast for now.
magnaflow isnt very loud. its very subtle n deep. and does not giv you a headach @ 5pm in trafic after a long long day....

Originally Posted by DsevenEm2
having just an axleback which is basically just a muffler with a bit of piping AFTER the rear axle.. is just as good for performance and will be quieter than a full catback... as long as you get a quality muffler. you'd get a ricey shitty sound coming out the back if you went and got one of those crappy ebay mufflers or something like that.
the problem with just welding a muffler on is that you wont know how it'll sound and if it will make a nasty ricer sound at diff RMPs.

why? becaues ur using the same STOCK RESENATOR....while MOST name brand cat-backs test various resenators/pre-mufflers to get the cleanest sound/performance.

you get what you pay for.. if youre looking for minor mods, i wouldnt go waste 300+ on a full catback system which will give you just about the same amount of performance as an axleback.
because car modding hobby is not a cheap (price wise) hobby by any means...you know im right on this one.

prices are gonna be high...and its when you try and go cheap, thats one of teh reasons why we get labeled RICERS (exhaust for one example)

you can go for a quality magnaflow muffler which are 200+ or an HKS axleback which sounds amazing and also abovew 200... or an rsx axleback which can be found for cheaper

dont go and get just any muffler, you might end up with a terrible sound.. stay off of the cheap ebay ones or the ones at discount auto..
yes, exactly. magnaflow and hks are good. but again, ur taking a chance with just a magnaflow muffler.

HKS however, has a bit of a rattle sound....and on the outside, it sounds subtle (a lil less loud than the magnaflow) but it has a small ricey sound to it when u gas[more than usual] it from a stop.

AND.....not like it matters on our ECO-BOXES, but magnaflow is the ONLY catback with a proven 5hp/4lb tq gain...on a dyno sheet (or was it 4hp/5lb tq, i forgot)
Old 12-16-2007

i talk to much =[
Old 12-16-2007
Registered!!

BigD001 can only hope to improve

magnaflow is the ONLY catback with a proven 5hp/4lb tq gain...on a dyno sheet (or was it 4hp/5lb tq, i forgot)[/QUOTE]

Thats not true the dc tcs was proven on dyno to put down 5hp by import tuner.
Old 12-16-2007
This is Myspace

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
i talk to much =[
its all good man, you have good points!
Old 12-16-2007

Originally Posted by BigD001
magnaflow is the ONLY catback with a proven 5hp/4lb tq gain...on a dyno sheet (or was it 4hp/5lb tq, i forgot)
Thats not true the dc tcs was proven on dyno to put down 5hp by import tuner.[/QUOTE]

ahahha ok ok ok.... i stand corrected....

still magnaflow FTW!

plus, if u jsut wait, there are bound to be people returning to stock n selling their magnaflows or RSR or hks n such...

i got my magnaflow good *** condition for only 220 on this site =]
Old 12-16-2007
Registered!!

boxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the rough

i got a magnaflow for 380 ebay catback its real and i took off cat all i have is res and muffler sounds pretty
Old 12-16-2007
Registered!!

bullet02ex will become famous soon enoughbullet02ex will become famous soon enough

alright i may as well say it... cough... megan racing... cough
i've h ad mine for over two years and its still a nice deep sound
Old 12-16-2007
Registered!!

slowwhitecivic will become famous soon enough

man get the magnaflow muffler....i bought one on ebay for 90 bucks free shippin and it sound way better smoother and softer than all the one that spends over $300 on their exhaust system lol
Old 12-16-2007
This is Myspace

lol like i said before.. mines still for sale haha
Old 12-16-2007
Registered!!

beadebaserr will become famous soon enoughbeadebaserr will become famous soon enough

if your fuses are good, i can bet your multi-switch on the steering column is bad and that's why your hazards/turn signals wont work.

Last edited by beadebaserr; 12-16-2007 at 04:24 PM.
Old 12-16-2007

Originally Posted by beadebaserr
if you're fuses are good, i can bet your multi-switch on the steering column is bad and that's why your hazards/turn signals wont work.
finally back on topic....