General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Ain't dis about a B!T(H?!?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2002
The Fallen Angel . . .

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vizyun is an unknown quantity at this point
Ain't dis about a B!T(H?!?!?!?

How bout I just picked my Civic up from the dealer (had to replace my whole damn transmission; thank GOD for the fr@ggin HONDACARE warrenty!!!), and someone at the DAMN HONDA DEALERSHIP stole every DAMN CD IN MY CAR! And they were in the GOTDAMN TRUNK!!! WTF?!?!? I had every Roc-a-Fella CD ever released, every NAS, every Method MAN, every WU, every REDMAN, and their all GONE!!!! All 240 of em!!!! WTF!!!![IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]Now their telling me that my wife signed a FR@GGIN release when she dropped of the car stating they are not responsible for items stolen out of the car while in their care; how are they not going to be responsible? THey had the car for 2 FR@GGIN days!!!![IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]Honda is FR@GGIN up HARD, KUZYN!!! I'm bout to get ignorant and BLACK with some corporate ****** with a QUICKNESS!!!
Old 03-20-2002
Registered!!

UncleB is an unknown quantity at this point
dude, that really bites. if you signed a paper, there probably isn't much you can do about it, but that doesn't mean don't try. I would break some skulls until someone confesses.
Old 03-20-2002
Registered!!

KevinFWB is an unknown quantity at this point
Well that just about sucks!! But why do you have 240 CD's in your car? Wouldn't have made sense to take them out? That is also a perfect time to provide them with a Valet key. I would go back to Honda and call the police. That is grand theft. Not responsible and stealing are two different issues. Call the police and let them fingerprint your trunk. None of the techs would have had any reason to be in your trunk, once the police get involved I'm sure you will start getting some answers. Talking to the manager and Corporate Honda will do you no good, instead call the police and threaten a law suit. GO BACK TO HONDA AND DEMAND ANSWERS OR ASK THEM TO USE THE PHONE AND CALL THE POLICE!!!
Old 03-20-2002
Registered!!

PerfectD3 is an unknown quantity at this point
First off, please try to use some English. Second, go back down to the dealer and ask to see the waiver, and make a photocopy of it if there is one. Read it carefully, and if it says anywhere on it in any shape or form that they are not liable for lost or stolen goods, and it is signed, your out of luck. Otherwise, take it up with their General Manager or possibly the owner, if that doesn't help, find yourself a lawyer.
Old 03-20-2002
Jon
Registered!!

Jon is an unknown quantity at this point
240???!?!!!!!

I'm sorry to hear that bro, I can't believe they went so far as to steal your meth and wutang. that is definitely a low blow---- you need to regulate on their a$$es
Old 03-20-2002
Registered!!

Jochij is an unknown quantity at this point
damn man im really sorry to hear that. some people are just @*******s. but why would u take ur car in to the dealer ship with so many things that are important to u? well next time make sure u dont leave anything in ur car thats wat i do i tak eout everything in my car if i have to take it to the dealer cuz u never know wat kinda people are working there.
Old 03-20-2002
Registered!!

kristy is an unknown quantity at this point
This is exactly the reason why I take all of my cds or anything of value OUT OF MY CAR before I drop it off anywhere.
Still though thats f*d up, see what you can do about it. Call the po-po or something and see what they have to say. Cause all those cds is like what, about 4 grand (unburned)
Old 03-20-2002
Registered!!

KevinFWB is an unknown quantity at this point
Signing a release form stating they are not responsibile is a whole seperate issue. What that says is that they are not responsible for someone breaking into your car or vandalism while its in their possession. If they was no "break-in" no damage to the car, then (A) the left it unlocked or (B) it was one of them. Neglect and/or in house theft is a whole seperate issue. Either way, stuff was stolen out of your car.. CALL THE POLICE. I gurantee you that under these circumstances will carry very little weight in a courtroom. If you get nowhere with the police (I don't see why you wouldn't) the threaten with a law suit for the price of your CD's. Although proving they were actually there might be rather difficult. I would also contact your insurance company and see what they have to say.

As the previous person stated. Acting like an A$$ is going to got you nowhere. Act polite and professional, but express your anger in a "nice" manner. Talk polite, don't name call, and just be curtious.
Old 03-20-2002
Registered!!

Ronin is an unknown quantity at this point
Yikes! But why would you keep your entire CD collection in your car?

Old 03-20-2002
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
I keep my entire CD collection in my car because that is the only time I listen to CDs. At home i listen to Mp3s. That sucks Vizyun!!. What dealer did u go to??? I would go yell at some people. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-20-2002
Registered!!

UncleB is an unknown quantity at this point

<< I keep my entire CD collection in my car because that is the only time I listen to CDs. At home i listen to Mp3s. >>

I am the exact same way. I would definitely take them out before dropping the car off for any amount of time though.
Old 03-20-2002
Registered!!

Ronin is an unknown quantity at this point

<< I keep my entire CD collection in my car because that is the only time I listen to CDs. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG] >>

Well I understand that, but keeping stuff in your car is a much greater risk than keeping stuff at home. And when you keep more than $3000 worth of CD's in your car, that's just too much of a risk. I usually keep no more than 5 CD's at a time in my car. It's a bitch to keep bringing them in and out of the house, but it's much safer.
Old 03-20-2002
Registered!!

Crashoveride is an unknown quantity at this point
Man that sucks the big one. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG] . But even as some of the guys have said, even though you signed a waiver doesnt mean that they wouldnt and shouldnt care about it. They should be checkin this out with the guys who did the work on the car, they shouldnt even have opened it. So like they said, someone might have left the car unlocked and thats their fault, or it was an inside job of some sort, either way I would want answers. And if you have to threaten to call the paper or TV stations and the Better Businees Bearu.

Good Luck man.

Crashoveride
Old 03-20-2002
Registered!!

Diznavis is an unknown quantity at this point
even if your wife did sign something, she didnt sign ownership of the cd to anyone at the dealer, and if they disappeared there, its probably 99-1 odds it was in house theft.. signed or not they are 100% responsible for in-house theft (you cant make something legal or remove your responsibility for a crime by having someone sign something, they cant make you sign something saying they arent responsible for your death and then shoot you, same deal here), and if they left your car unlocked they are probably responsible for that too. definitely call the cops now

the only cds i ever have in my car are burned, i never use my originals for anything except to make copies of them
Old 03-20-2002
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
Ask to see the paper that your wife supposedly signed. If they can't find it, then ask them for the money to replace those CD's. If they can find it, then tell them to compensate you in some way or you'll go to another dealer. They'll lose money on you if you decide to change dealers. Sorry man, that sucks. I don't trust people enough to leave stuff in my car though.
Old 03-20-2002
Registered!!

greg2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Man that sucks, you'd think you would get a better response from a dealership and want to be more proactive towards the situation. Just remember the valei key.....How the heck do you spell val-a..
Old 03-20-2002
The Fallen Angel . . .

Man, I appreciate the support and ideas, peeps. I got back to the manager, CALMLY[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG], and he's checking with everyone who was in the area my car was in during the time it was there. He said they have subcontracted cleaning staff that are there at night, and it could have been one of them, so he's getting in touch with their manager as well. Still, Heritage HONDA of York Rd. in Towson Maryland is on Vizyun's SH%T LIST with a big A$$ red circle and Asterisks around it all over the GOTDAMN place!!! Thank God it wasn't ALL of my CD's. . .if they had stolen my "Prince/Artist formally known as /Prince AGAIN?!?" collection, I'd have broke out the fr@ggin DESERT EAGLE on 'em, for shizzle my nizzles. . .
Old 03-20-2002
Registered!!

bobbyd is an unknown quantity at this point
Why would you keep 240 cd's in your ride for? I would not keep that many in my ride anytime let alone taking it to a shop.
Old 03-20-2002
Registered!!

BLUENVY01 is an unknown quantity at this point
dude, ur way too trusting of people!!! i take my headunit faceplate and cds out every time i get out of my car... even for a car wash at the drive through one where they clean it for like 20 minutes.... man, i dont trust no one... and to imagine u left something in ur car that valuable over night, let alone the fact that it was at honda...come on now...that just was not smart at all! but sorry to hear it man! that really duz suck!
Old 03-20-2002
Registered!!

QCKSILVR is an unknown quantity at this point
Well regardless of the situation, you do need to report it to the law enforcement agency having jusrisdicion of the dealership at which your car was being serviced. Request that an officer complete a written report. As someone else mentioned, 240 CDs would be grand larceny, a felony.
Old 03-20-2002
Registered!!

avenger is an unknown quantity at this point
late but necessary:

Old 03-20-2002
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
I don't like Towson Honda. They tried to cheat me when i was looking at cars. And I agree with not leaving things in your car when leaving it for service, but I also agree that it is theft and you can pursue action. Good luck bro!!
Old 03-20-2002
Registered!!

mykel115 is an unknown quantity at this point
that's why I burn all my new cd and keep the original at home and leave the CD burn on my car. I learn my lesson when someone broke into my ford explorer they took all my cd collection
Old 03-20-2002
Registered!!

R3DF0G is an unknown quantity at this point

<< late but necessary: >>

Old 03-20-2002
Registered!!

ricerocket is an unknown quantity at this point
that is y i keet the cdr's in the car never the original...
Old 03-20-2002
Registered!!

Grifter is an unknown quantity at this point
Prince is f*ckin the man no one messes with prince... no one
Old 03-22-2002
The Fallen Angel . . .

Hey, Grifter knows his sh%t, yall, for real.
Old 03-22-2002
Registered!!

WhiteRiceBoi is an unknown quantity at this point
Thats f000ked up br0 I w00ld bitch and **** and moan....also whenever copying CDs as backups always doa direct CD copy and not the MP3 or Wav conversion because it loses alot of quality in the process which can be very distinct witha fine audio system...just a lil FYI

P34c3
Old 03-22-2002
Registered!!

Seveneighty is an unknown quantity at this point
LOL @ this thread's title.
Old 03-22-2002
End Bringer

Voiceofid is an unknown quantity at this point
i've always trusted dealers with my car, now i am not so sure.

but i usually only have 1 cd in my car, a mp3 cd with my whole music collection (700mb worth of music)

Quick Reply: Ain't dis about a B!T(H?!?!?!?