General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Fv>k Progressive insurance!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DAQIUN has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Thumbs down Fv>k Progressive insurance!!!

**************************************edited and revised***************************************

Ok I took my car to progressive cause the other company insurance did not want to pay for the policyholder's fu<k up. So progressive said just bring it up to us and we'll fix it don't worry. Okay! They put me in a 06 Jetta RS for about a month now. Yesterday my girl goes up to return the car for the vic. RIGHT! WRONG!!!!!!!!!!! She gets up there and sees that the damn truck still has a gap in between the light taillight and trunk. So she tells them that this is not fixed right. She leaves it there and they call me back today to come and get the car. Ok the second time we go up there. Now before I get there they're trying to get her to take the car and go. Before I get there. Now when I get there I look over the car and see.
Now Progressive said that check the car out and the car is fine. Why when I get there I can see all of the **** that they missed. I’m not an adjustor but damn how can I see that and they don’t...

1. They have not fixed the gap in between the light and trunk meet.
2. The trunk is not level with the rest of the car
3. Right where the bumper meets the bottom rear quarter panel is not flush with the bumper. The same side where it was a dent at (from a 2x4 hitting it) is a dent was the paint came off at. And right below that there was a half a dime size spot where a rock flew up and hit the car and scratched the paint down to the metal. These fu#ks just painted over the dent above it and the spot with the rust. Did not try to even the paint. I guess they said **** it. they want know
4. Now inside of the trunk where the plastic is the goes around the latch for the trunk meets. Up under that is a metal piece that holds the plastic to the car. THEY DID NOT TRY TO REPLACE IT. They want know cause that want check for that. WWWROOOOOOOOONNNNG!
5. Inside the damn car the radio has an error code flashing and there was all of the white stuff all over the dash all down the panel where the shift **** was.
6. And to top all that sh%t off the guy from extreme said, "what do you see that not fixed" I start to slap his ***. He cause just heard me tell Progressive what was wrong.

I THINK PROGRESSIVE WAS GOING TO LET THEM FV<K OVER ME.... WITHOUT A TIP ON THE NIGHT STAND. Im not going!!! I left it there again. They suppose to take it a Honda not to the extreme company. Now they have to take it to Honda now. Cause I want accept it. All this when they should have took it to Honda at first. Trying to be cheap.

Progressive takes the car to the place where they get their work done at. If you request to have it taken to Honda then they the will. If I worked at Progressive do you think they would have to took my car to that shop? And especially if drove a Jag or Benz they would have taken to dealership. They are just trying to get over on a half *** job. And got busted. That was the second time I did not take the car home.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	damn progressive.JPG
Views:	160
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	67929  

Last edited by DAQIUN; 09-24-2006 at 04:23 PM.
Old 09-20-2006
Registered!!

2k1_sedan is an unknown quantity at this point
They did the same thing to me, it was the other guy's insurance and I told them to stick with the oem stuff, sure enough they tried to cheap out on the deal and it showed. I didn't take the car and they ended up redoing it so instead of cutting costs they doubled the bill. Don't understand their logic, but I wasn't footing the bill.
Old 09-20-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
this has nothing to do with insurance. the body shop you took it to obviously is suck. the insurance pays for whatever the body shop needs to do it right. so you need to deal with the shop and tell them to do it right. now keep in mind that there is no way to get everything perfect, and its not their job to clean your interior because its dusty. but some of the things you mentioned should have been fixed.
Old 09-20-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
this has nothing to do with insurance. the body shop you took it to obviously is suck. the insurance pays for whatever the body shop needs to do it right. so you need to deal with the shop and tell them to do it right. now keep in mind that there is no way to get everything perfect, and its not their job to clean your interior because its dusty. but some of the things you mentioned should have been fixed.
the interior was clean cause i got the car clean before i took it in. Progressive took the car to this company, so my issue is with progressive for letting them **** the car over. If the car would been took to honda like at first then i would not be pissed off. progressive needs to deal with body shop not me. they took it up there.
Old 09-20-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
okay why did that happen? as far as i know YOU get to decide where it goes, despite what their insurance might say.
Old 09-21-2006
You gotta be as blind as Anne Frank not to see that

ddevil0013 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by gearbox
okay why did that happen? as far as i know YOU get to decide where it goes, despite what their insurance might say.
I concur.
Old 09-21-2006
Registered!!

lxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the rough
When I wrecked my car, took it to my dad's old body shop that was State Farms Certified....shop did everything from there, just had to pay the deductable.
Insurance just gives you the money to fix the car, since its your car they can't tell you where to take it, its the owner's decision. Thats what they told me when they gave me the check for my hail damage. So I took the money, got it adjusted to things they missed (chipped paint jumped it from $1500-2800) went and fixed it myself and got me a carbon fiber hood instead of a stock hood, so now my hood is hail resistent(except for the hail that ****s the entire car)
Old 09-21-2006
Registered!!

while progressive takes the car to the place where get there work done at. If you request to have it taken to honda then they the will. If worked at progressive do you think they would have to may car a that shop. hell nawl. and especially if a had a jag or benz they would have taken to dealership. this just trying to get over on a half *** job. and got busted. this is the second time i did not take the car home.

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=279183
Old 09-21-2006
I Pinch.

Sinisterdexter is a glorious beacon of lightSinisterdexter is a glorious beacon of lightSinisterdexter is a glorious beacon of lightSinisterdexter is a glorious beacon of lightSinisterdexter is a glorious beacon of lightSinisterdexter is a glorious beacon of light
I think you are missing the point. YOU chose which body shop the car goes to. If the insurance company paid out, they'd send you a check for the estimate for damages. It has nothing to do with Progressive. Your gripe should be with the shoddy work being done by a body shop that YOU had to have chosen.

Even if Progressive suggested the shop, you still had to give them the okay. And if you went to a shop without checking them out first, then that's your own problem. Not the insurance company's.
Old 09-21-2006
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
look man i am also dealing with some shatty ins. statefarm is trying to tell me my car is worthless and wont give reasoning. i gave supporting docs and sales listings to bring the value up. its been 3 weeks since my car got dropped off and nothing has been done yet besides me getting screwed around.
but that is the ins co. the body shop is who does the work. the above posters are correct in saying that they are responsible. you get to choose where your car goes not them. you also get to deal with the bodyshop when something isnt done right.
Old 09-21-2006
Registered!!

OKay!!! again i told progressive personally that i wanted my car to go to Honda. They told me that the car would be taken to honda. 4 days ago i get a call stating that the car is finish and was not take to honda. because of the waiting list. They told me that honda said it would be a month before they get to the car. Okay you follow me now.

Monday i get a call stating the car is finish and to come and get it on tuesday. Tuesday comes my girl goes up there and sees that the trunk isn't fix. and gives the key back to progressive.

Wednesday i get another call around 12:00 noon. that the car is completely fix. When i get there i see all these things that are not fix properly. And had to explain at least 6 times to the manager, worker, the sorry as company man from extreme. that the car is not fixed wrong. i have alot of damaged parts on the car that should have been replace at first.

so today i get another call stating the honda has came and pick up the car from progressive. they should have done it at first.
So again I wanted the car to go to honda, no where else. Progressive made the decison to take it to extreme. NOT ME. ASK YOURSELF WHY WOULD I T MAY CAR GO TO SOMEWHERE I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF.

Progressive doesnt have to pay for it in the long run the other is has too.
Stated by my lawyer. After the other company ins said that they wont pay. thats why i called my ins co.

progressive doesnt want to pay the rental car fees from enterpise. thats why they made that decison to take it up to extreme. not me!

Last edited by DAQIUN; 09-21-2006 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-21-2006
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
i couldnt finish your first post, the english (or lack thereof) was so horrible.
Old 09-21-2006
Registered!!

do it look i give a fly f**k that you think my is english horrible. so. I dont want another is english teacher. I was just trying to let yall see how the insurance co try to do us. (me)
Old 09-21-2006
Registered!!

Ti71 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm glad others were able to understand what you said. I hope the insurance was able to understand you too. Good luck on the car
Old 09-21-2006
Registered!!

DaSilverCivic will become famous soon enough
sup . . . i work for allstate as a sales agent and i sometimes deal with claims and whatnot. cannot answer for progressive but atleast for the company i work for, our policy in terms of auto body shop is simple. you either choose the body shop you want or the company will provide one for you. the benefit of going through an allstate body shop is that our insured's/claiment's get a guaranteed workmanship for the life of ownership of the car. in my case, i had an accident, front bumper messed up, headlights gone, hood dented, fender damaged, and front axle bent. the body shop i dealt with, an allstate asigned body shop, did an amazing job. everything lined up paint matched etc . . . if in the future i start seeing diff shades of color, paint chipping from of course non-rocks, i get to bring it back to the shop and they'll fix it for free. i'm not sure if that's how progressive, state farm, geico, etc works. my point is, talk with your personal agent and/or your claim adjuster and find out if they guarantee their workmanship since they pretty much assigned the body shop for you. if not, sorry bout the issue. best of luck
Old 09-21-2006
Registered!!

XxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really nice
Insurance companies make money when their clients DONT get into accidents so... the insurance companies you see often on TV commercials, tend to suck. They use mass media to fish a lot of clients to getting them on their plans quick, but screw clients over when an accident does happen.

try finding a lesser publicized (but reputable & been-around-awhile) ins co. stay away from 'commercial' types.
Old 09-22-2006
im just a stupid n00b who knows nothing

CM92065 is a glorious beacon of lightCM92065 is a glorious beacon of lightCM92065 is a glorious beacon of lightCM92065 is a glorious beacon of lightCM92065 is a glorious beacon of light
My family has been with progessive for years, They are a great insurance company IMO
Old 09-22-2006
Registered!!

ive been with progressive for 3 year, but this is my first accident with progressive.
Old 09-22-2006
Crayons taste like purple...

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
Nationwide Ftw!!!!!!!
Old 09-24-2006
Registered!!

My fault for the bad grammar. I revised the first post for you all to be able to read.
Do you all think that Honda will go back and redo all the bad work that extreme done. And progressive charges me double.
Old 09-29-2006
Registered!!

update: Fv>k Progressive

Yesterday I get another call from Honda saying that they found some more stuff that is damage. By now you can see why I wanted my car to go to Honda. Because the will fix the car right the first time not the second or the third time. Every thing that I pointed out is getting fix and replace with OEM parts. Not the same damage parts. That was all I wanted. And it will be ready to go by Wednesday.

It feels strange riding around in another car. It seems like I'm cheating on my car.

Do you think that Progressive will try to raise my rate now since that had to take it up two different companies get it fix.

Will post pic when I get it back.