General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Need advise, 2 tickets in one month

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dreamercivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Need advise, 2 tickets in one month

I am not here to talk about how I shouldn't get the ticket or anything like that..I just have one question
if I got 2 ticket , one for speeding and one for tailgatting in the same month

would I be able to take traffic school for both of ticket?
would my insurance go up? I heard about the 3 strike thing, how does it work?

thanks...I been through a lot of pain..my mom doens't trust me anyone, I had a fight with my mom....and nothing is going well..I hope I can get some of my member's advise and support..thanks.
I live in CA..so if anyone know about the CA regulations..please tell me..thank you
Old 03-12-2002
Registered!!

Civicchik01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey! I know what ur going through!!!! I got 2 speeding tickets in 3 weeks and the 1st one was on my 17th birthday! Luckily, they were in 2 different counties and so thanks to my greatest lawyer in world i got them both dropped to improper equiptment. But now I cant have any violations for the next 3 years and so far i've been careful except for the fact that I dented in my rims yesterday because I was pulling out of the school parking lot at 70 mph and I swerved to miss a truck and hit a big rock! And then today I pulled out in front of a bus and Im not sure if she got my license plate # or what so I gotta lay low for a couple of days and park across the street so the administration wont find my car!

But anyways Im not sure of the laws in CA cuz im from NC but u can go to ur counties website and they will have a link about laws and dmv stuff and u can look on there and it will probably answer any questions u have. I hope that helps. sorry if it doesnt!
Old 03-12-2002
Registered!!

CIVIC9782 is an unknown quantity at this point
damnn civic chick you are a crazy driver.
Old 03-12-2002
Registered!!

speedyJB is an unknown quantity at this point
1st of all slow down !! and
2nd get off peoples azzes and you won't have these problems...lol
Old 03-12-2002
Registered!!

rickinthescv will become famous soon enoughrickinthescv will become famous soon enough
In CA:

You can only take traffic school for one offense every so many years.

I am assuming that you are under 18, so then if you get three tickets (or accidents) before you are 18, you loose your license for 6 months and be placed on probabtion for one year. This will go past your 18th birthday.

Two tickets will result in a 30 day suspension. And the judge may deny that you can go to traffic school. Worse still, you parent or legal guardian has to go with you to traffic court.
Old 03-12-2002
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point

<< Hey! I know what ur going through!!!! I got 2 speeding tickets in 3 weeks and the 1st one was on my 17th birthday! Luckily, they were in 2 different counties and so thanks to my greatest lawyer in world i got them both dropped to improper equiptment. But now I cant have any violations for the next 3 years and so far i've been careful except for the fact that I dented in my rims yesterday because I was pulling out of the school parking lot at 70 mph and I swerved to miss a truck and hit a big rock! And then today I pulled out in front of a bus and Im not sure if she got my license plate # or what so I gotta lay low for a couple of days and park across the street so the administration wont find my car!

But anyways Im not sure of the laws in CA cuz im from NC but u can go to ur counties website and they will have a link about laws and dmv stuff and u can look on there and it will probably answer any questions u have. I hope that helps. sorry if it doesnt!
>>

You're headed for a wreck in a big and rapid way! Hey, I am in NC too....I will be looking for ya so I can pull over!
Old 03-12-2002
Registered!!

I am over 18, I am 19..
I just found out that I can only attend traffic school for one ticket in every 12 months....so I guess the 4 points for tailgating is going to on my record

insurance goes up?
can this record get erase?

I wasn't up that high as his [IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG] the cops was following me , when I slow down, he turn on his lights
Old 03-12-2002
Registered!!

colombianDXcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
dude, here in Miami there is a thing called ticket busters u pay a lawyer for 69 bucks and then just pay court charges...

no points
no school
100% guaranteed
Old 03-12-2002
Registered!!

oblivious9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Slow Down & Invest in a radar detector. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-12-2002
Registered!!

2cute is an unknown quantity at this point
I live in San Diego and as far as i know and last time i went to court you can take traffic school for 1 ticket every 18 months. As far as you insurance is concerned yes it will go up if the insurance company finds out about it which probably won't be until it is time to renew your policy. It took my insurance company almost a year find out about one of my tickets. My insurance just doubled cuz they said i lost my ca good drivers rate reduction i have 2 tickets about a year apart and unfortunatly they are in other states so i couldn't go to traffic school. As far as three strikes i have never heard of that i know in cali you can't have 4 tickets in 3 yrs or they will take away your license and as far as your record is concerned it will be erased in three years just slow down alothough i have no room to talk i know how it is. Your mom will get over it just be nice for a while.
Old 03-12-2002
Registered!!

thanks for the help 2cute I decied to go ahead and fight with the cops, and plead no guilty, since I will not be able to take traffic school, might as well die fighting, thats what I like to do ...thanks for everyone's imput.
Old 03-12-2002
Registered!!

The only problem with doing that is if you lose you may end up having to pay court costs as well as your tickets.
Old 03-13-2002
Registered!!

QCKSILVR is an unknown quantity at this point
Thats the same in New York, which has very similar vehicle and traffic codes to New York. If you contest the summons and are found guilty, the monetary penalty imposed is usually the maximum (or close to it) as allowable by law. While everyone is entitled, constitutionally, to have the state prove they were doing what they were charged with on the summons, the word of the officer is usually believed 99% of the time. The exception to this is if the officer were to say verbatim "I don't remember writing the ticket." That, however, never happens and is usually the only way to be found not guilty. For the few tickets I write, when I go to court, I am prepared for everything. I have my notebook that I make notes about regarding the person and car I stopped, the offenses, etc. I also note the weather everyday and anything else that may be important...I am usually prepared for everything. I can recall the first time I was in court I was so nervous and couldn't speak straight, but the judge took my word anyway...You might want to see if the traffic prosecutor is willing to make a plea with you.
Old 03-13-2002
Registered!!

UncleB is an unknown quantity at this point
QCKSILVR, how long how you been a cop? sounds like you got traffic court down to a science.

a note to all the people complaining about tickets...obey the law! I can't stand people that break the law and then come on here to whine about how much life sucks now that they can't drive for six months. If you're not willing to accept the consequences, then don't breal the law. I speed from time to time and I am ready with the ol' check book if I ever get caught.
Old 03-13-2002
Registered!!

UncleB, given your good attitude, you would probably never be a recipient of a summons from me. I let just about everything slide as I believe people are generally good and deserve a break. I do write tickets to loudmouths and people who like to argue with me. I've been an officer for 18 months now in suburban New York City and have seen a lot, but not everything. As far as complaining about the tickets, I agree with you...if you are going to violate the law then you are liable to receive a summons. Simple as that.
Old 03-13-2002
Registered!!

QCKSILVR: I have some questions regarding the tailgating, what is the reason to pull over someone who is consider tailgating, and if I want to prove I am innocent, how should I ? thanks
Old 03-13-2002
Registered!!

I highly doubt you will get away with that one. That ticket is kinda one of those a matter of personal opinion ( the cops opinion) i wouldn't even fight that one wouldn't even try. But that's up to you.
Old 03-14-2002
Registered!!

Tailgating is a serious violation in New York, with a minimum statutory fine of $105 and may result in having 4 points assessed to your drivers license record. In the police academy, we are trained to observe all types of different traffic violations. Tailgating is referred to as following a motor vehicle too closely, and by New York State's definition: "following another vehicle more closely than is reasonable and prudent depending on the speed, traffic and highway conditions." As you can see by the definition, this gives the officer a great amount of freedom to make the determination on whether or not another motorist is tailgating. I do not think you will get the ticket completely dismissed...there is no affirmative defense to tailgating. Your best bet is to conference with the traffic prosecutor assigned to that particular summons.
Old 03-14-2002
Registered!!

Thank you QCKSILVR for ur infomation and ur help
but I don't undertand ur meaning of
conference with the traffic prosecutor assigned to that particular summons.
does that mean I have to go to court to to talk to the cop that gave me this ticket?
what should I do?
Old 03-14-2002
Registered!!

Dreamercivic, to determine who is responsible for prosecuting you for the summons you received, refer to the front. You will probably see a all of your information, the date and time of the offense, the offense, a date that you must answer the summons by, and the name of the court to which the summons is returnable. Contact that court and speak to a clerk and request to know who is responsible for prosecuting the charge. It could be the officer that issued you the ticket, or a separate district attorney. The court clerks should be able to tell you who handles the prosecution. Then speak to them and see if they can offer you anything in the form of a plea that would be more favorable than a guilty outcome in a trial situation.
Old 03-14-2002
APS
Registered!!

APS is an unknown quantity at this point
If you go to the sema website....www.sema.org you can find a list of all current traffic laws and regualtions for you state. Or just give them a call.
Old 03-14-2002
Registered!!

drbombay is an unknown quantity at this point
i doubt you'll win. but what has worked for some people is getting a number of extensions on your court date and then go in after 7-9 months and maybe the cop won't show up.
Old 03-15-2002
Registered!!

Dude i feel for you out here everyone drives faster than they should and we all follow to close. Then again we all get tickets too. Personally I would pead guilty pay the fines and take traffic school for one of the tickets. From what i have been able to determine with insurance here in cali is one ticket within three years no biggy but anything thereafter starts to raise your rates. so whatever you choose to do good luck.