General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

do rsx stock parts fit on civics?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006
mina_DC5

do rsx stock parts fit on civics?

ok so i have some stock stuff from my 04 acura rsx and i'm not getting any luck selling it on the rsx boards
i heard that the stock sway for the rsx will fit on the civic
so i was wondering if the stock exhaust, airbox, and springs will fit on civics as well
advice will be very much appreciated
thanks
Old 08-08-2006
Shinier than yours, meatbag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud of
A few have done rsx exaust, but I don't think you could sell the stock springs....and the airbox sure won't.
Old 08-08-2006
mina_DC5

oh okay
thanks man

hmm... i thought the springs would fit though..
i guess not...

Last edited by mina_DC5; 08-08-2006 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-08-2006
Shinier than yours, meatbag

Hurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud of
They would fit as far as i know (but I don't) its just that stock civics are 4x4's and most want to lower their car, and used quality springs go for almost nothing, so the market for um would next to nothing.....thats all
Old 08-08-2006
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
Nuh-uh. I think it fits on EPs, but not on EMs or ESs...
Old 08-08-2006
mina_DC5

so the stock airbox won't fit at all on any types of civics right?
Old 08-08-2006
Registered!!

ashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to behold
^^ no, coupes and sedans have entirely different motors
Old 08-08-2006
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ashtonp
^^ no, coupes and sedans have entirely different motors
WTF are you talking about? Sedans and coupes have the same exact engine. Hatchbacks are the ones with a different engine.

Originally Posted by mina_DC5
Maybe on hatches, but since they are completely different cars they have a forum dedicated to them... EPHatch.com

Last edited by ramcosca; 08-08-2006 at 05:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-08-2006
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
alright. here's the deal

The exhaust can be modded to fit. The springs will fit, but they will not make the civic look good because the RSX has a different weight distribution. The airbox won't fit. The only things that can be swapped from the RSX to the civic are the sway bars (front may need some modding, but should fit), some strut bars, and some shocks. The only part that doesn't need modding will be the rear sway bar. Seats will swap with a little bit of work.
Old 08-08-2006
mina_DC5

oh okay
thanks guys
Old 08-08-2006
Registered!!

ashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ramcosca
WTF are you talking about? Sedans and coupes have the same exact engine. Hatchbacks are the ones with a different engine.

I know, thats why I said Sedans AND coupes have different motors in comparison to the RSX. I know the EP3 has a K in it, thats why I didn't mention hatch's, and if you read my post carefully, I was answering this guys question:

Originally Posted by mina_DC5

Last edited by ashtonp; 08-08-2006 at 10:17 PM.
Old 08-10-2006
Words on a User Title

Originally Posted by ashtonp

I know, thats why I said Sedans AND coupes have different motors in comparison to the RSX.
Oh, in comparison to the RSX, gotcha.

Post everything in the same scentence next time, haha.