General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Faith was restored to my 7th gen tonight.

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NeoMagus is an unknown quantity at this point
Faith was restored to my 7th gen tonight.

Well I decided to drive my 2k1 tonight since I was all sticked out from driving the Si today (its been nice here in PA, nice enough to drive with the windows and sunroof open.). So tonight when I drop my g/f off at her dance class, coming back i'm sitting behind a red Prelude newer model looked like either 00-01, bone stock cept for the holder around its license plate. Type SH, so I knew it was stick. the next light I decide to pull next to him, so i jumped into the left lane...and pulled to the red light. I looked over and he looks at me and revs his engine. Im thinkin boy why didnt I drive my Si. I rev back and it was on...brake torqued til the light turned green and off we went...he pulled a tiny bit ahead off the line about a headlight to fender distance...once my Civ shifted into 2nd i pulled ahead and started thinking wtf...into 3rd his front was at my rear seat windows...by this time the next light is coming up and we start to slow down, however he turns his right signal on, and at the light, flicks me off and turned! THIS IS A TRUE DAMN STORY, IT JUST HAPPENED YOU CAN SAY BS ALL YOU WANT BUT IM SURPRISED AS $HIT....i know the prelude weighs as much as a tank but stick to auto im thinkin he couldnt drive..but a wins a damn win and my 2k1 gets her props tonight!
Old 03-07-2002
Registered!!

NitehawkVTEC is an unknown quantity at this point
wow. that's impressive. haha, Your the one that's gonna get BS flags now, maybe. But it's good to know you have faith in your 2k1 again. hah, should have gotten it in stick, but then again, you would have never been driving it tonight.
Old 03-07-2002
Registered!!

wishihadavtec is an unknown quantity at this point
dude i know exactly what your talking about, my mom has a 01 prelude with that sportshifter crap, and i seriously dont think its much faster than a civic.
Old 03-07-2002
Registered!!

Ayumiyake is an unknown quantity at this point
YAAY!! I CAN'T WAIT FOR MY FIRST CHALLENGE! >D Hopefully when the new wears off s'more and I mod the car a bit ._. ...
Old 03-07-2002
Registered!!

<< dude i know exactly what your talking about, my mom has a 01 prelude with that sportshifter crap, and i seriously dont think its much faster than a civic. >>

It was a Type SH. Which means it was stick. Type S comes in stick and sportshift.
Old 03-07-2002
Life Begins > 6800rpms
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
anythings possible[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-07-2002
Life Begins > 6800rpms
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
oh neo, i got the indiglo ctr **** and jdm tr boot. ill have picks for you to check out by monday. this would look sick on your SI
Old 03-07-2002
Registered!!

BLAST38 is an unknown quantity at this point
That same thing happened to me the other day...This guy had a red '00 SH with i/h/e combo. I saw him pull up next to me. I new it was on. I was smiling because I new he'd race and I'd been lookin to see what my Ex could do he reved on me so we went on green. I got over on him all the way to third and as always it just seems like all my power dies out! but I had an SH in the first two! I was still proud that I gave him a run for his money, and not one he'll forget!
Old 03-07-2002
2k1civic.com O. G.

AzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enoughAzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enough
kool
Old 03-07-2002
Registered!!

<< That same thing happened to me the other day...This guy had a red '00 SH with i/h/e combo. I saw him pull up next to me. I new it was on. I was smiling because I new he'd race and I'd been lookin to see what my Ex could do he reved on me so we went on green. I got over on him all the way to third and as always it just seems like all my power dies out! but I had an SH in the first two! I was still proud that I gave him a run for his money, and not one he'll forget! >>

I know exhaust is easy to tell but if he pulled up on you how did you know he had i/h/e?

blou lookin forward to them pics.
Old 03-07-2002
Registered!!

Damian2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
I believe you because you're usually such an *** about the lack of performance coming from the 7th gens....

Great kill...
Old 03-07-2002
Second Place is the First Loser

Hefe is a jewel in the roughHefe is a jewel in the roughHefe is a jewel in the rough
YEAH sure....... whatever....... you couldn't keep up with a Lude!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats B.S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]

Just kidding!!!!!! [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Sorry man.. had to do it.. Seeing how everybody lately has a stick up there a$$es!!!!!!!

good for you
Old 03-07-2002
Registered!!

2Hondaz is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm willing to bet that was a driver's race. Idiot prolly shifted before he hit VTEC, LOL!! I've raced a few 'ludes and they pull REAL hard on our civics once they hit VTEC. Good kill. So sad the guy didn't know how to drive his car the way it was meant to be.
Old 03-07-2002
Registered!!

01IncaPearl is an unknown quantity at this point
Same thing happened to me when I raced a new Lude and when I posted the story on here I got BS flags left and right. Nice job though.
Old 03-07-2002
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
That's kinda unbelievable. 200hp and 3042lbs and manual transmition vs. your 127hp and 2553lbs and automatic transmition. That's 15.21 lbs/hp vs. your 20.10 lbs/hp. He had a major advantage over your car with power to weight and with his manual transmition. I guess he wasn't really pushing it, or maybe he's a bad driver? Anyway, I'm glad he got ticked off.

[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-07-2002
Registered!!

Damian2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
I think NitehawkVTEC had the same type of experience with his buddies lude with "sportshift". I cant remember whether he barely won or barely lost, but i know it was close.
Old 03-08-2002
Registered!!

ScottieEX is an unknown quantity at this point
i believe neo
i raced my friends 98 prelude sportshift and we were pretty much even to about 70mph.. u shoulda seen his face.. he could not believe it. he was probably thinking " i spent 23k on this car and cant even burn a 16k civic? sh|t!"
although SH is faster.. haha he prob couldn't shift for jack.. hehe good race neo
Old 03-08-2002
Registered!!

SoNiCcIvIc is an unknown quantity at this point

<< oh neo, i got the indiglo ctr **** and jdm tr boot. ill have picks for you to check out by monday. this would look sick on your SI >>

He ain't the only one. I'd appreciate it if you let me know, too cuz I want that ****!
Old 03-08-2002
Registered!!

Desi is an unknown quantity at this point
- hey neo, i always see you throwing around those "bs flags". so i got to believe you on this one b/c you would be a hypocrite if this were not true.
- don't underestimate our cars. just race.
Old 03-08-2002
Registered!!

brill is just really nicebrill is just really nicebrill is just really nicebrill is just really nice

<< Sorry man.. had to do it.. Seeing how everybody lately has a stick up there a$$es!!!!!!! >>

lately? d00d the sticks have been there since I started on this site in sept 01 [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

hehehe
~B [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-08-2002
Registered!!

cro2k2civicla is an unknown quantity at this point
Good job, our civics are faster than the credit that they get. Mine seems to be pretty fast but maybe thats just mental???? Oh well

Peace