General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

a4 anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
spoonJDMlX is an unknown quantity at this point
a4 anyone?

i'm starting to hate my car....slow, ugly, not worth spending $$ on....anyway. so i was sitting in class the other day, bored out of my mind. i made a list of what i want on a car.

turbo
4 doors
4banger
awd/rwd.
german made.

and on my way back, i added up all those elements and WABAM! A4...you guys know of anyother cars w/ those specs? $$ isnt an issue
Old 05-22-2006
jdmtytedoridori
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
if you changed the last spec to japanese made, you could get an impreza, which would be cheaper in initial cost, less likely to break down, and would be cheaper to repair if anything went wrong.

vws have electrical problems hardcore, and the a4 is just a glorified jetta, with awd, and a nice interior. my cousin has a 2001, he says it's ok, but the repairs on nonsense stuff are expensive.
Old 05-22-2006
Banned

yeah, thats why im leasing the next car..anyproblem it gives, not coming out of my pocket

and i did think ofa wrx or sti, but im starting to grow out of this whole "racing" crap. i jus wna nice luxury car. dont get me wrong.....1st thing i do if i geta a4 is a GIAC chip + ecu reflash. thats a goood 30hp right there.

Last edited by spoonJDMlX; 05-22-2006 at 02:42 AM.
Old 05-22-2006
Registered!!

anibal is an unknown quantity at this point
Subaru Legacy GT...has everything from your list, except German made, not a raceboy car, more upscale than impreza, not everybody has one and I have one!

Old 05-22-2006
Registered!!

a4turboss has a spectacular aura abouta4turboss has a spectacular aura abouta4turboss has a spectacular aura about
which a4 you looking at the b5 b6 and they are very nice car but i personnaly would upgrade to the s4 so much better and you do know that the 1.8t has the turbo only and the 2.8 doesnt
Old 05-22-2006
Registered!!

SilverVTEC is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by mandangalo
if you changed the last spec to japanese made, you could get an impreza, which would be cheaper in initial cost, less likely to break down, and would be cheaper to repair if anything went wrong.

vws have electrical problems hardcore, and the a4 is just a glorified jetta, with awd, and a nice interior. my cousin has a 2001, he says it's ok, but the repairs on nonsense stuff are expensive.
the last time i check the impreza is made by Subura which is Austrailian made, not japanese made... if i were you i would look into the Legacy, they seem to be very nice cars!
Old 05-22-2006
Registered!!

Bstar is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by SilverVTEC
the last time i check the impreza is made by Subura which is Austrailian made, not japanese made... if i were you i would look into the Legacy, they seem to be very nice cars!
When did you check? They've always been japanese made. But they did used to have an Australian spokesperson. *smile*

alljapanesecars.com
Old 05-22-2006
jdmtytedoridori
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by SilverVTEC
wow, someone's wrong. subaru has always been a japanese company, but nowadays a few models are assembled here. the forester and impreza are made in japan, and the legacy, outback, baja, and tribeca are made here.

the only major australian car manufacturer is holden, which is partially owned by gm.
Old 05-22-2006
Registered!!

swifty2k is an unknown quantity at this point
The Mazdaspeed 6 is always an option... its right along these lines, altho again... made in japan...
Quite nice, fast, roomy, mazda quality....
Old 05-22-2006
Registered!!

04civicdx is an unknown quantity at this point
u could get this
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mitsu...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 05-22-2006
Registered!!

01civicdriver is an unknown quantity at this point
i love audis!!!!! the only thing i can say bad about them is how much work it takes to get the damn air filter out. the only place you can do it is the dealer or spend at least a half hour just to get it out!!!! they are beautiful cars though. nice interior and bada$$ if you get a manual
Old 05-22-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
hate your car? wow. don't drive a ford lol. your head will explode
Old 05-22-2006
YUL
Registered!!

YUL has a spectacular aura aboutYUL has a spectacular aura about
I don't think it it's worth it to get a used A4. the maintenance will be very expensive.

and a s4? man that thing is way overpriced.
Old 05-22-2006
I'll flip out and kill people.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned
rs4 > a4
audi along with many german cars = expensive and frequent maintenance
Old 05-22-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
you could get a hyundai scoop.
Old 05-23-2006
Banned

yeah i know that german cars are expensive to take care, which is why im leasing the next car...i was leaning fora the new IS but w/ gas prices now a days.....forget the 350. and the 250 isnt worth it, too slow fora heavy car. and yes i hate my car. slippin tranns, fukin slow as hell. no mods can help, not going to spend 6G fora kswap when i can use that $ as a downpayment + my cars value...

as far as the s/rs4 goes....forget that! what does it run for? 60? lol i can geta gs400 for that much.
I really want the a4 2.0T AWD. all i need is a good boost controller with a chip + downpipe/exhaust and i should be getting 14s @ palmdale track....but i dont want to get stick, traffic in LA is enuf....atlest it comes in tip.

also. i think getting any used german car is asking for a problem. they are notorious for problems off the lot but even used.....askin for it
Old 05-23-2006
up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-b-a-start

R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light
I would never get an Audi/VW but it looks like you've made up your mind.
Good luck with it...