General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Do not pump on the 15th!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MBison is just really niceMBison is just really niceMBison is just really niceMBison is just really nice
Exclamation Do not pump on the 15th!!!

This came out from one of my myspace friends and I thought that I should pass it on to u guys:

On May 15th all myspace members are to not go to the gas station in protest high gas prices. The cheapest gas is now over $3.20 a gallon. There are 72,110,073 members currently on the network, and the average car takes about 30 to 40 dollars to fill up. If all myspace members did not go to the pump on the 15th it would take $2,163,302,190.00 out of the oil companys pockets for just one day, so please do not go to the gas station on May 15th and lets try to put a dent in the oil industry for at least one day.
Old 05-13-2006
For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you.

blackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant future
Um I paid 2.81 for gas today. Plus I just filled up today so I hopefully won't need gas in 2 days. Good thoughts though.
Old 05-13-2006
2 cups sweety 8 cups bitch
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Suzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond repute
well lets hope i dont need gas on monday. =\
its 2.75 here(New Orleans)
Old 05-13-2006
Registered!!

MBison is just really niceMBison is just really niceMBison is just really niceMBison is just really nice
u wont find cheaper gas than $3.20 here in california. i live on a naval base and we have the cheapest gas here but anyways, imo we should participate in this and make those gas companies suffer a bit for all the money they've stolen from us lately. i believe we have the power to control gas prices! lets see what impact would that bring to the future. thanks for your support!!!

Last edited by MBison; 05-13-2006 at 04:03 PM.
Old 05-13-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
okay lets pretend nobody will buy gas that day. what will that do? they'll just make money the next day. this wont hurt a company with billions of $. Its like telling yourself I'm not gonna eat today so I can save $10.
Old 05-13-2006
Registered!!

stupidspoons is an unknown quantity at this point
thats a good idea. but what if it back fires and gas prices go up the next day or the whole week because the everyone didnt buy gas making all of the gas pumps lose money,, so they have to make up that money by raising prices
Old 05-13-2006
Registered!!

think about it.. wouldnt it be better for u not to spend money on a big mac supersize one day that u could survive without and buy one for the half price in the near future? its all about sacrifice, buddy. many of us could car pool and see what difference would that make. its just one day... i believe we can put a huge impact on gas prices but we got to unite and follow simple rules.

How about for the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from The two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. I cannot make any of you to follow but theres definitely something to think about.
heres an article some of you might be interested in: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...102700449.html

Last edited by MBison; 05-13-2006 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-13-2006
There is gl@ss in my @SS...

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
It would be better to boycott a certain company. Stop buying gas from 1 Store and then they will have to lower their prices. Then others would have to follow. But nothing will ever work. Gas companies know they will have to buy gas sooner or later.
Old 05-13-2006
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
Not pumping gas on a single day to "boycott" companies? Stupid. That'll make other people enjoy the fact that they don't have to make any lines and wait for other slowass people.

BTW, here gas is at 67.7¢/liter, which makes for around $2.60/gallon. And it's supposed to be higher priced than on the US, since it has to be imported (let's say it correctly, more boat time, since your's is imported also) What the heck does your gas have? Gold?
Old 05-13-2006
Registered!!

drive_fast_dail has a little shameless behaviour in the past
A gas boycott is not going to do one bit of good, and probably make things worse on the boycotters. Unless you are changing your overall consumption you arent using any less. Lets see so if you are boycotting and running low, youll have to fill up a day or too before. Now if owners notice this they are going to raise their prices just so they dont run dry. Now if there is enough people the day of prices might just go down since everyone stopped buying gas, which do you honestly think people are going to not buy gas when its cheaper to stick it to the oil industry? That just doesnt make any sense. Overall look at some basically economics or business principals. Its all based off supply and demand, and assuming enough people boycotted to make a difference it creates a suddenly uncertainty in the supply lines which can have a whiplash effect making a small problem into a bigger one as projections get messed up. All you can accomplish by boycotting is making it more expensive in the end. Dont get all mad at the companies for making record profits, its not a conspiracy, the processes from crude oil to gasoline at the pump is quite bad, and if these companies were set up to be making money extracting and refining it when it was worth 40$ a barral they are going to make more when it goes up.

The only thing we the consumers can do is, lower our comsuption, which the majority are not willing to do. There is only so much oil out there prices will go up until people change, or an alternative source is actually economically viable.
Old 05-13-2006
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
its not gonna do anything but i just filled up yesterday so i wont need gas on the 15th anyway
Old 05-13-2006
I drive a jeep to compensate for my tiny pee pee

Blue_Honda_Civ will become famous soon enoughBlue_Honda_Civ will become famous soon enough
well if the government didnt tax gas so high then we could have lower gas prices why not boycott the government
Old 05-13-2006
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
Ha, I just noticed...
Originally Posted by MBison
If all myspace members did not go to the pump on the 15th it would take $2,163,302,190.00 out of the oil companys pockets for just one day

Uhm... from what I understand, about 45% of myspace users aren't old enough to even drive, let alone own a car...
Old 05-13-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
you wanna make a difference, start driving less.
Old 05-13-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ramcosca
Not pumping gas on a single day to "boycott" companies? Stupid. That'll make other people enjoy the fact that they don't have to make any lines and wait for other slowass people.

BTW, here gas is at 67.7¢/liter, which makes for around $2.60/gallon. And it's supposed to be higher priced than on the US, since it has to be imported (let's say it correctly, more boat time, since your's is imported also) What the heck does your gas have? Gold?
well u should thank to the Lord that u dont live in CA, miss.
Old 05-13-2006
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
miss???? his avatar is a pic of his girl i can see tho
Old 05-13-2006
Registered!!

the day is comming.. why not to try?

Originally Posted by RHCP0801
miss???? his avatar is a pic of his girl i can see tho
oh well

Last edited by MBison; 05-13-2006 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-13-2006
Don't be a n00b, search ftw

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
Wow, a year later and people are still tossing around this retarded idea? Didn't work last year during the gas "crisis", and it will NEVER work. I just filled up today, don't need gas for another couple weeks.

IBTD

(I Beat The Delete)
Old 05-13-2006
Registered!!

xbeebop is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by gearbox
okay lets pretend nobody will buy gas that day. what will that do? they'll just make money the next day. this wont hurt a company with billions of $. Its like telling yourself I'm not gonna eat today so I can save $10.
I agree.
Old 05-13-2006
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light
Man i hate this topic.. Im still getting gas on the 15th, even if i have to go just to get a gal. I really dont care. Its not because i dont think its a bad idea. its because its a STUPID idea. I swear, getting gas one day wont hurt any one, it may hurt one days profit, but thats not enought to effect the lowering of prices. In fact if i was a major gas company i would raise gas 1 or 2 cents more to make up for the loss of that day. The idea is okay if you were to boycott the major fuel markets. IE:Mobile, Exxon, Texico, Chevron, Shell, ect... The better ide, would be for everone in town to go to arco or Ampm or some gas staion like that and get gas, not for just one day, but for a week, a month, 3 months, bassically so that the GOVERNTMENT *Who has taxed the hell out of oil* realizes it isnt making money.

Gas isnt so high because of the price of a barrel of oil, its all because of our so called "For the people" Government. They tax the oil that comes out of the ground, they tax the plants that make the oil in to gas, then they tax the gas stations who pump the gas. Its just is the way it goes. Unless we do something about taxes, then gas will always remain high. So yet again this just wont work.
Old 05-13-2006
Registered!!

jerseydetailer has a little shameless behaviour in the past
ok so yeah dont buy gas...your not gonna hurt the gas companies but the gas stations owners...worst idea ever..most gas companies dont own the stations ..it the whole franchise thing, if you want to hurt the gas companies give up the suvs, use mass transit ...myspace idiots have nothing better to do other than to make up chain letters, gay surveys that make u a character, and assist ugly people to get laid by uglier people...another reason why myspace gay
Old 05-13-2006
Formerly efil on evol on

Cptn. Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCptn. Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCptn. Slow has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by drew22mader
It would be better to boycott a certain company. Stop buying gas from 1 Store and then they will have to lower their prices. Then others would have to follow. But nothing will ever work. Gas companies know they will have to buy gas sooner or later.
this is a much better idea. It's chances of sucess are much higher b/c the result will be felt for longer than one day
Old 05-13-2006
Registered!!

juanotejano is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by drive_fast_dail
A gas boycott is not going to do one bit of good, and probably make things worse on the boycotters. Unless you are changing your overall consumption you arent using any less. Lets see so if you are boycotting and running low, youll have to fill up a day or too before. Now if owners notice this they are going to raise their prices just so they dont run dry. Now if there is enough people the day of prices might just go down since everyone stopped buying gas, which do you honestly think people are going to not buy gas when its cheaper to stick it to the oil industry? That just doesnt make any sense. Overall look at some basically economics or business principals. Its all based off supply and demand, and assuming enough people boycotted to make a difference it creates a suddenly uncertainty in the supply lines which can have a whiplash effect making a small problem into a bigger one as projections get messed up. All you can accomplish by boycotting is making it more expensive in the end. Dont get all mad at the companies for making record profits, its not a conspiracy, the processes from crude oil to gasoline at the pump is quite bad, and if these companies were set up to be making money extracting and refining it when it was worth 40$ a barral they are going to make more when it goes up.

The only thing we the consumers can do is, lower our comsuption, which the majority are not willing to do. There is only so much oil out there prices will go up until people change, or an alternative source is actually economically viable.
yea but what do you expect this came from the brillant minds of myspace where if you send this message to 5000 of your friends you will get low gas prices for 7 years.
Old 05-13-2006
Crayons taste like purple...

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
economic principal rule NUMBER 1:
SUPPLY AND DEMAND

also....not everyone buys gas on a schedule...so this is fruitless unless it is done for a whole week, which is also fruitless cause there is not way to make everyone get on the same schedule, as some people need to fill up today, tomorrow or the next day or risk screwing up something in their normal life, like their job, or their family life or their relationships....

fruitless....sorry, but someone had to say it.

Last edited by shroomster; 05-13-2006 at 06:35 PM.
Old 05-13-2006
Banned

LowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to all
Brilliant minds I tell you. Just brilliant
Old 05-13-2006
Registered!!

Civicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of light
I will not buy gas
Old 05-13-2006
Registered!!

cleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trusted
i will buy gas this plan and all other ones are not going to work
Old 05-13-2006
Registered!!

wow u guys are awesome.
Old 05-13-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
OMFG SOMEONE LOCK THIS

I will make sure to specifically fill up on the 15th ok?
Old 05-13-2006
Premium Member

04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice
I get 8 - 10 MPG I'll make sure I fill up twice on the 15th

Quick Reply: Do not pump on the 15th!!!