General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

the JDM craze part 2...

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
the JDM craze part 2...

ok my thread got locked for some reason. no one told me why, and a certain member decided to try to neg rep me and tell me to "shut the *** up" im not gonna say who. o well. i wasn't trying to **** people off, or start a fight. still don't know what the deal is. so if someone wants to explain it in a CIVIL way WITHOUT gettin upset, im all ears. let me know.

edit, heres wtf thread im talkin about
http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=259584

Last edited by MajinB; 04-30-2006 at 10:52 PM.
Old 04-30-2006

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
wtf thread are u talkin about.
Old 04-30-2006
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
well, back in the day in the early-mid 90's, before ebay and Pepboys and Autozone, F&F took over ppl's minds, cars like the 300ZX, Supra, MR-2, Prelude, 3000GT, for the most part had aftermarket parts from Japan only.... and I'm not lying! So if those folks chose to mod, it will be pricey. But if modded, for the most part it was modded extrememly tastefully. And not a lot of people could afford to mod their car at all. Not like nowadays, ppl can mod just about any car in anyway.
In terms of modding to JDM, it's not only style. Once again, a lot of ppl talk about "JDM style....." In my eyes, you can have JDM style, OR you can have JDM products and I'm not talking about Spoon reseviour caps. I'm talking about right hand drive conversions, Bride seats, Trust products, Amuse products, actual JDM head/taillights, etc. "JDM style" is more like....... clean agressive look.
Few people can actually afford parts coming from Japan. ANd people want what they cant have.
Old 04-30-2006
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
scansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nice
Why would u start a new one if the other one got locked? It was obviously locked for a reason...
Old 04-30-2006
Registered!!

buckshizzo is a jewel in the roughbuckshizzo is a jewel in the roughbuckshizzo is a jewel in the rough
i don't understand the jdm thing either, but people have different styles and prefer their own thing. People mod cars to reflect their style and if that's their style, hey more power to them.
Old 04-30-2006

now that i see wtf thread your talking about hahaha
i see no reason for anyone to get pissed or close it!

but, i know partially what you mean. sometimes i feel like some people buy things that are dumb looking or ugly or non functional just cus its jdm and not many people will have it. like the drivers stickers from japan, thats retarded. but w/e there will always bee different styles for cars/clothes/hair w/e and there will always be those certain few that get overly obsessed with it and go above and beyond.
Old 04-30-2006

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by scansel912
Why would u start a new one if the other one got locked? It was obviously locked for a reason...
i didn't think i did anything wrong ok? anyway, thanx curiusfish, i had NO clue thats how it was. i <3 the internet...
Old 04-30-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
I dont get it either,
JDM = trendy way to mod a honda
Thats all it is. Its what rice aims for, and the mindless achieve

To me JDM will ALWAYS be a stock car, as per Japanese Domestic Market parts. Its not a heavily modified car, its a car that is modified to look like the japanese version. F people who use it the wrong way, cause it irritates me that they are opening the community to be made fun of. Soon JDM will be synonomous with 'rice' and many people are screwed. not my problem i guess. I went my own style to fit my own needs, not trying to impress anyone else.

Last edited by diskreet; 04-30-2006 at 11:25 PM.
Old 04-30-2006
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
this topic sucks. what is there to understand? when there is enough media coverage on anything there is always a large group that follows it. asking why someone likes 'being jdm' is like asking a trendy person why they like to wear faded jeans and buying ipods. and just like any other social group, there are always going to be unwritten rules or stipulations like "amber markers, lips not kits, yellow fogs" etc.

Originally Posted by diskreet
Soon JDM will be synonomous with 'rice'
it already is for the most part.

Last edited by skipbarber; 04-30-2006 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-30-2006

im confused. what are you talking about media coverage? about what? how there are stock japanese civics? oook.
Old 04-30-2006
Registered!!

KINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to all
JDM is way to overated. But its what certain people want. I dont see why people hate on others cuz their car doesnt look JDM. More like people jumping on the bandwagon. Having a car that you like is what modding is all about. Who cares if a 7th gen has a weak engine, people still buy the car. Car modding is turning into the Crips vs the bloods. IMO JDM is too expensive and not practical for people who own 7th gens.
Old 04-30-2006

ok, like diskreet said, if its "jdm" it should be stock parts on the car from japan. thats not what i see people calling "jdm" stuff...
Old 04-30-2006
Crayons taste like purple...

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
lmao...curiousfish neg'd ya? hehe...thats funny
anyways in b-4 the second lock if it happens hehe

anyways x's2 now...I dun care...jdm is japan only...bringing it over here and putting it on your car...all you can say is my car is replica jdm it will never be true jdm cuz its not a 100% jdm car....
Old 04-30-2006

i used to think that, its incorrect.
jdm=japanese domestic market=anything sold in japan made in japan.
usdm=united states domestic market=anything sold in the states made in the states. (i dont mean sold and made. either or.)
Old 04-30-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
ok but everything JDM in america is from america and has no correspondance to JDM parts! Thats why JDM = teh gey
Old 04-30-2006
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
JDM IS a bit over rated, not everything coming out of Japan is the greatest. JDM is ANYTHING coming from Japan that you cant get here regularly, not just stock parts. Even a soft drink can be Japan only and thats JDM. As I said, JDM now adays is just style, not too many people actually put JDM products on their cars.... aside from S15 front end conversions, SR20 swap, K20A swap, B16B swap, DC2-R front end conversions, etc. It does get a little rediculous sometimes when I see people going nuts over JDM taillights and stuff like that.... it is a rarity but it's not the greatest product out there! "JDM style" is just a style, like clothing style, etc. Nothing more........ Unfortunately, it's really come down to "JDM style" over what is truelly JDM car products.
ok but everything JDM in america is from america and has no correspondance to JDM parts! Thats why JDM = teh gey
thats where the confusion may reside...... some folks on here actually have JDM Civic sedan taillights and mirrors from Japan. An example, my cousin bought Endless brake pads for his car. It was shipped from Japan. Is it going to be better than Hawk/EBC/AEM type pads? Maybe, maybe not. But it was built for the JDM.
JDM style is pretty much all American products meshed into a car to try to mimic what the JDM has.
And NO, I did not neg rep MajinB..... I have no reason to do so.

Last edited by CuRiOuSfIsH; 04-30-2006 at 11:55 PM.
Old 04-30-2006

it was not curious that neg'd me. not at all.
Old 04-30-2006
Bone Stock!

dalaw is an unknown quantity at this point
People like to JDM their car with the same reason why Japanese people like USDM and convert their car to left-hand drive, or a 7thgen member in Thailand who ditched his folding side mirrors in favor of USDM fixed mirrors. Most of the time, people like the tasteful differentness of other markets style.
Old 05-01-2006
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light
YOu know its funny cause i can remember back in the day that modding wasnt a honda, toyota or any othere car that came from japan. It was actually a lower chevey S10 or nissan whatcha ma call it. anyways, my point is that people if you started lookin in to the day when the "JDM" style came around it was based ont technology that was already out there, even if it did consist of APR or some crap tech like that. When Hondas, toyotas and nissans started to become JDM, there wasnt much you could do as preiviously stated. You would have to order from overseas and have it shipped in. Then people started building things, CAI, Mufflers, Headers, things that were already implimented in the american market. JDM is just a fancy term for tunning. If you look at the new pontiac gto it too the clasic "JDM" Type R black and red seat trim and its in there. SO gay if you ask me. But mostly JDM is addapting what tunner do in japan for their car. Yeah i think something are gay, like yellow lights. But then again other things are cool like blacked out head lights. Its just trying to be different, but the same at the same time. Personally i like to go against the grane. Someone turbos ide rather go SC'ed. Some one adds tyc tail lights ill stay stock. 5 lug convestion ill stay 4. but then again thats just my 2 cents.
Old 05-01-2006

i personally like the sleeper look myself...
Old 05-01-2006

so i should ship my mugen pedals back to japan? maybe my spoon sports shift ****? or my hamp oil filter? and the tens of thousands of dollars my brother spent on his itr, buying japanese company parts, those should be all sent back also.
just cus you buy it here doesnt mean it wasnt imported.
your post makes no sense here man.

edit: im not calling my car jdm, lol i know a few japanese parts dont make it jdm. and its not what im going for anyway.

Last edited by ncirom2003; 05-01-2006 at 12:19 AM.
Old 05-01-2006

actually i think he has a point. IF the product was MADE here in the USA, then its not JDM. but if its MADE in japan, and sold here then it IS JDM. can we agree on that?
Old 05-01-2006
Back From The Banned!

^^^ to a certain degree...... a good example is Falken tires, they are made in Japan but some of their tires are meant for use elsewhere. Like the Nissan Maxima, which was built in Japan up until the current generation. They dont have Maxima's in Japan b/c they have the Cefiro, but they were built for North America. JDM is still sold MAINLY for Japan use only.
Old 05-01-2006

hey, i just found the only thing that will validate your comment and make it worth reading.
http://www.teamjdm.com/
Old 05-01-2006

hhahahahaha JDM fords? hahahah holy **** thats tooo funny!
Old 05-01-2006

Originally Posted by MajinB
actually i think he has a point. IF the product was MADE here in the USA, then its not JDM. but if its MADE in japan, and sold here then it IS JDM. can we agree on that?
ill agree to an extent like curious said. i mean, i wouldnt call a chevy truck mdm (mexican domestic market) just cus its built there.

Originally Posted by MajinB
hhahahahaha JDM fords? hahahah holy **** thats tooo funny!
lol, theyve been around for a while too. they are in no way trying to make "jdm" fords as you would think of jdm. just coincidence.

Last edited by ncirom2003; 05-01-2006 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-01-2006
Back From The Banned!

Originally Posted by ncirom2003
hey, i just found the only thing that will validate your comment and make it worth reading.
http://www.teamjdm.com/
that is sad and quite a disgrace............
Old 05-01-2006
Registered!!

7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice
It's just perference, don't make this into a huge deal. It's like Pepsi and Coke. Some people perfer one over the other. You have no right to say you should drink Pepsi or only Coke. There is a hype nowadays on products or themes pertaining to "JDM." That is what sells and that is what people want. It's just how things are right now, I'm sure it will die down in the future...

Your thread was probably locked because someone saw a potential "hate" thread coming. Especially in your aggressive title.
Old 05-01-2006
Pwning Noobs 24/7

DaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really nice
JDM is strictly about bragging rights, it gives a person a reason to say I have this and you dont, so im better then you cause you can't get this
Old 05-01-2006
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
People buy JDM Products, because of fitments, qualities.
Companies take tremous amount of time doing R&D to get the best fitment/results for customers.
(Mugen, Spoon Sports, J's Racing, ARC etc)
Most of ebay knock off companies(Megan, APC, Tenzo "R", copys designs and make replicas for cheaper prices)
I am not saying thier products are always horrible, but i will take my chance to get something right in the first time.

It gets overboard, because i see people driving around with rota slipsteams, painted black housing, lowered and put I love jdm parts decal on thier trunk.

At the end, It's just all in personal preferences.
Rather you like JDM Parts or not, it's just a trend.

Quick Reply: the JDM craze part 2...