General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

the JDM craze part 2...

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute
people just matured 20 years...from the previous closed thread....

so that makes us in 20's and 30's....
Old 05-01-2006
...JeRsEy sTyLe...

varner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of light
jdm for 7thgen equals retarded being that companies like spoon mugen j's racing doesnt make crap for our cars and also being that you cant get real jdm parts becuase our cars are nothing special like the type r's. i mean i love jdm cars dont get me wrong but saying your gonna make a 7thgen a true jdm car is not going to happen.
Old 05-01-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
haha about fitment:
usually the poeple who buy "JDM" parts get them off ebay where they are poor fitting and cheap.
Old 05-01-2006
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
Originally Posted by diskreet
haha about fitment:
usually the poeple who buy "JDM" parts get them off ebay where they are poor fitting and cheap.
Most of "JDM" parts are replicas off ebay anyways.

Rota, Tenzo R, APC, auction says "JDM"
Old 05-01-2006

diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
exactly why i hate the JDM fad.
Old 05-01-2006
Registered!!

coupe2003 is a jewel in the roughcoupe2003 is a jewel in the roughcoupe2003 is a jewel in the roughcoupe2003 is a jewel in the rough
this jdm arguement is a load of crap. let people do what they like, if their ride looks naff , just point and laugh. i find that usually goes down like a sack of crap when they're sat with their shades on and their hardcore dance music bellowing out.
Old 05-01-2006

My entire point is NOT to tell people to stop being "JDM" but for every fvcking import owner to STOP using the term incorrectly.
JDM IS NOT blacked out headlights and black wheels with a polished lip, contrary to popular belief!
Old 05-01-2006
...JeRsEy sTyLe...

varner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of light
ha no ****!! i always hated the black with the polished lip but being ive owned 3 sets of wheels already i got the black gt3's lol idk why i did it..
Old 05-01-2006
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
Originally Posted by diskreet
My entire point is NOT to tell people to stop being "JDM" but for every fvcking import owner to STOP using the term incorrectly.
JDM IS NOT blacked out headlights and black wheels with a polished lip, contrary to popular belief!
well said! But some of you are still missing the point! JDM is ANYTHING for the Japan market..... as I said some folks here have actual JDM taillights and side mirrors. And others have Spoon or Cusco rear strut bars. JDM can be either JDM OE or aftermarket.... ANYTHING. That is the REAL definition of JDM...... not "JDM style" which is just a style!
Old 05-01-2006
gone

Nitto will become famous soon enough
refer to my sig

"omg, your car should be clean, so it can look like EVERYONE ELSES! SWEET!"

i was at a meet, this kid tells me his mirrors are JDM and he paid 300$ for em, i said where does it show its really JDM and not a rip off...show me

"sorry its inside the mirror"

waste of 300, jdm = a joke.

my 0.02$ dont cry people

i agree with the thread maker

ty

Last edited by Nitto; 05-01-2006 at 01:20 PM.
Old 05-01-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
i really don't think APC and megan are knockoff JDM stuff. i mean APC is american. megan is taiwan. and i like the megan products, i mean 32 way adjustable full coilovers are nothing to complain about. its about personal preference, your right. i don't think this has anything to do with companies, its more to do with peoples perception of what JDM really means, it means the origin of the STYLE or PART came from japan. so you could have a JDM STYLE car but unless its literally parted piece by piece from japan, its not really at all.
i do respect those cars nowadays that are built specifically to mirror the japanese version of the same car. now that takes time and patience to piece together a whole japanese interior/exterior.
Old 05-01-2006
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
^^ I think ya got it man haha. I agree APC is not always mimicing Jap parts, they even copy domestic market stuff.... but most of their stuff is garbage. Rota on the other hand has a knockoff of MANY Jap company wheels, Mugen, Spoon, Volk, Work just to name a few.