General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Ford Truth...

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RangerMan is a jewel in the roughRangerMan is a jewel in the roughRangerMan is a jewel in the rough
Ford Truth...

Sure its gonna be biased..still interesting though:

http://www.fordvehicles.com/trucks/f150/truth/
Old 04-26-2006
jdmtytedoridori
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
funny propaganda.
Old 04-26-2006
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
hahahah

All the "truths" do nothing more then actaully blind you from the real truth.... poor reliability, poor resale value, poor gas mileage and a quick view at the current financial status of Ford is self explanitory.
Old 04-26-2006
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
I bet if Dodge did that, they would have the best truck.
Old 04-26-2006
Registered!!

RangerMan is a jewel in the roughRangerMan is a jewel in the roughRangerMan is a jewel in the rough
haha..ya I know, it was hard to watch without thinking, how much Ford really did pay the dude.

But I would pick an F-150 over any other truck. I feel pumped watching all those videos lol.
Old 04-26-2006
Registered!!

mrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by hustlelikem0fo
hahahah

the real truth.... poor reliability, poor resale value, poor gas mileage and a quick view at the current financial status of Ford is self explanitory.
ford never said that was a myth... haha.

of course if ppl needed a truck, ford will probably come out on top. sure japanese trucks will run for a long time and has a car interior, but whats the point of a nice truck when you cant trash it like a ford. i think edmunds insideline test drove the ridgeline off road, within a day, all the struts blew, but im sure that j-series engine will last for awhile. of course i could see ppl buying japanese trucks as car replacements, just like how ppl drive ford trucks as a car replacement. same logic as suvs.

Last edited by mrchowmein; 04-26-2006 at 05:10 PM.
Old 04-26-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by mrchowmein
ford never said that was a myth... haha.

of course if ppl needed a truck, ford will probably come out on top. sure japanese trucks will run for a long time and has a car interior, but whats the point of a nice truck when you cant trash it like a ford. i think edmunds insideline test drove the ridgeline off road, within a day, all the struts blew, but im sure that j-series engine will last for awhile. of course i could see ppl buying japanese trucks as car replacements, just like how ppl drive ford trucks as a car replacement. same logic as suvs.
Yes agree...trucks are built.."stronger" here.

I think if Honda did something like this though, the comments would differ greatly.
Old 04-26-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
thats why honda won truck of the year
Old 04-26-2006
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by MajinB
ok, good job honda, make a unibody truck...

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/f...ead.php?t=6630

and this is the ditch the guy drove over completely unloaded that caused the frame to twist that much:

Old 04-26-2006

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
lol r u saying the chasis twisted cause he went over a little speed bump? hahaha
Old 04-26-2006
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
ford truth=ford sucks
Old 04-27-2006
Registered!!

thegent is an unknown quantity at this point
The next time I see a bunch a trucks navigating a set of cones, I'll punch my cat.

Only a redneck and his mommy would put "truck" and "like sportscars" in the same sentence.

Last edited by thegent; 04-27-2006 at 10:11 AM.
Old 04-27-2006
Registered!!

orion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really nice
I didn't get it, the video of the road test seems to be saying F150 is tough, and build to be tough is not just a slogan...

Something I missed?
Old 04-27-2006
Registered!!

HondaSaurusLX is an unknown quantity at this point

Gosh that is one darn ugly truck.. The Honda Ridgeline..
Old 04-27-2006
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
scansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nice
Every ford truck we've had has been great and long lasting. Can't say the same for their other cars, but if I were in the market for a good truck, Ford would be my first choice.

Also, I was just reading through that Ridgeline thread. Evidently, don't buy a Ridgeline if you intend on needing an actual work truck.

Theres no word in Japanese for pickup truck hahaha although the Nissan Titan is quite nice.

Last edited by scansel912; 04-27-2006 at 12:05 PM.
Old 04-27-2006
Registered!!

lxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by HondaSaurusLX
Gosh that is one darn ugly truck.. The Honda Ridgeline..
Yea....I'd never buy a ridgeline, too damn ugly.

Ok....I have to say ford cars do suck, but there trucks are f'n tanks. I've seen older ford trucks than anything else. If I were to buy a actual truck, it'd prolly be an F-150, I love the way they drive, plus they will last better than what most of the ppl give credit for.

Basically, don't just bash it because its a domestic, and a ford, because ford makes great trucks.
Old 04-27-2006
Registered!!

mrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by lxcivic2k1

Basically, don't just bash it because its a domestic, and a ford, because ford makes great trucks.
yep, the problem is that the domestics cannot make a decent car. while the fusion is a good car, toyota and honda are lightyears ahead.
Old 04-27-2006
Premium Member

04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice
Originally Posted by mrchowmein
yep, the problem is that the domestics cannot make a decent car. while the fusion is a good car, toyota and honda are lightyears ahead.
That's a MTYH.not truth
Old 04-27-2006
jdmtytedoridori

Originally Posted by scansel912
Every ford truck we've had has been great and long lasting. Can't say the same for their other cars, but if I were in the market for a good truck, Ford would be my first choice.

Also, I was just reading through that Ridgeline thread. Evidently, don't buy a Ridgeline if you intend on needing an actual work truck.

Theres no word in Japanese for pickup truck hahaha although the Nissan Titan is quite nice.
Tundra>Titan

I would like to have some brakes that work while driving around hauling stuff.
Old 04-27-2006
Registered!!

dre2600 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ford cars are generally shyte, but everyone I've talked to from people in construction to people who just buy trucks to haul their ATVs around to and from the lake seems to like their trucks. The Japanese are catching up and their trucks are decent though, theres no way around that.
Old 04-27-2006
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
scansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nice
I had thought the Titan was the leader in all the tests of magazines among the jap trucks. I could be wrong though.
Old 04-27-2006
Registered!!

5.0calypso93lx is an unknown quantity at this point
That should tell you something about the people who determined that. When i think of a truck, i think about how much it can pull and how tough it is. It is a truck isn't it? And when i think of the definition of why a truck is used, there is NOTHING better than a Ford Super Duty with a 6.0 diesel. Those will run forever, if you take care of them. Reliability is also a big factor and i don't think fords are that bad with reliability. If you take care of em' they'll last.

Also, Tundra owns the titan
Old 04-28-2006

yea ford tough- gets you going straight to the shop... hahaha. anyway, yea ridgeline is a "city" truck. not "work" truck. agreed. it is fugly too hahaha. anyway, if i had my choice of a REAL truck it would be a GMC pickup. i love GMC trucks. i used to want a canyon 5 cylinder. those things are pimp. for a college truck of course.
Old 04-28-2006
jdmtytedoridori

yea ford tough- gets you going straight to the shop... hahaha. anyway, yea ridgeline is a "city" truck. not "work" truck. agreed. it is fugly too hahaha. anyway, if i had my choice of a REAL truck it would be a GMC pickup. i love GMC trucks. i used to want a canyon 5 cylinder. those things are pimp. for a college truck of course.
Pretty much any modern diesel engine (like the guy you quoted was talking about) pwns all gas engines reliability wise, however.
Old 04-28-2006

yes agreed. but still if i had to get another car it would be a canyon. those are sooo nice if you get the right one.
Old 04-28-2006
Registered!!

The F-150 is the best selling vehicle on the planet. So either the human race is retarded or its actually a good truck.

Remember when Jeremy from Top gear made fun of it?
Old 04-28-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by RangerMan
The F-150 is the best selling vehicle on the planet. So either the human race is retarded or its actually a good truck.

yes i do, he made fun of the slack in the steering. only us rednecks will use it to carry wood back to our homes. i have to say tho, Ford and GM cars do lack the refined feel to their steering compared to the Germans. of course thats what we get when we use the germans as a benchmark for good handling cars.
Old 04-29-2006
Registered!!

orion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really nice

Originally Posted by RangerMan

Best selling truck maybe. Also, best selling in the US does not mean the whole human race even know about it. I have not yet seen it, if there are any, in europe, and asia. As vehicles are concern, you have to know almost only US are buying US cars.

In some previous thread we already established that Toyota is the best selling.

However, I still don't get how can we bash Ford truck. The website attached shows it is a good truck.
Old 04-29-2006
Registered!!

JP375 is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't really see the point of that website. Has anyone really been denying that Ford builds a shoddy truck? Its not like they are hurting for sales of the F series. Looks like another case of stupid spending by Ford. Perhaps they should be focusing on their cars in the same manner.

On top of that, most of the myths that they clame are perpetuated by themselves. Have you seen Ford truck commercials? Nothing but overexagerated and hyped unrealistic scenarios. They sell trucks using the very same tactics they are trying to denounce.
Old 04-29-2006
Registered!!

By the way people. As we are talking about Ford, I might as well spread this fact (from CNN news or any local news):

Ford Fusion received lowest point in safety and collision testing this year. So perhaps if you have to buy a car this year, don't get Fusion yet.

Quick Reply: Ford Truth...