General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Time for an upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
usafstud will become famous soon enoughusafstud will become famous soon enough
Time for an upgrade

Guys,

I'm in the process of getting ready to sell my car. Just spent $300 bucks today purchasing parts (center armrest, SRS reel, fender liners, splash guard, etc)for my car to make it clean again. Going to spend another $500 tomorrow on a front and rear bumper on ebay(not oem). After blowing up my engine last thanksgiving, the car hasn't been the same. Gotting to it back to stock as much as possible. Will even have to move the battery back to the front. So I'm guessing I'll have the car ready to sell in about 3 weeks after all the parts come in and do the labor. I replaced the engine with one i found at a junk yard. Now it's burning a little bit of oil. Don't want to deal with taking the thing out and driving to get another one and put it back in.

For those on this forum that are looking to upgrade on suspension, I'll have a nice setup for sell. JIC coilovers, progress sway bars, neuspeed front strut, neuspeed x-brac, cusco rear strut, moto hub, steering quick release, nardine steering wheel and battery box. Be on the look out in a few week for these.

The civic has been very good to me. My first car i owned. Started with a 1991 Camry then a 1999 Mazda 636. Learned how to drive on the civc. Many track days, autoX, and tons and tons of canyon running. This is going to sound gay but, I love my EM2 like how Takumi loves his 86. But not enough to keep it.

Now I'm in the market for a S2000. God I wanted one of those since 5 years ago. Finally going to make enough to pay for one. Comes out to about $650 a month with 0 down. I'm still making payments on two motorcycles and my civic. Currently, I pay about $650 a month on two bikes and my civic. I make about $3200 a month right now after taxes. I'll start my weekend job as a MSF (motorcycle safety foundation) instructor in June, so that will be about 400-800 a month. I'll get my promotion in August, another $750 a month. So I'll be look at close to $4500 a month in august, so payments on the S2000 won't be a problem. Surprsingly, insurance cost will be the same.

Sorry for the long rant. I'm hoping to sell my civic ex for $10,000 to help with the $800 I'll be putting in to make it presentable. I think $10,000 will make it a quick sell. Plans for the S2000, leave that thing stock.

Pics of my baby

Old 03-30-2006
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
i think 10k is a bomb deal for the car...but you could get more if u kept the mods on it heh
Old 03-30-2006
You gotta be as blind as Anne Frank not to see that

ddevil0013 is on a distinguished road
congrads on all ur promotions. i'll be following in ur footsteps soon hopefully 2 bikes and an s2k haha that would be a dream
Old 03-30-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
good luck. grab a stock hood and sell the CF one. it will help too. sell the stuff here hahahah.
Old 03-30-2006
Registered!!

usafstud will become famous soon enoughusafstud will become famous soon enough
i still do have my stock hood