General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

06 Civic Si or 06 RSX Type-S?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BubbaPhu is an unknown quantity at this point
06 Civic Si or 06 RSX Type-S?

okay guys, if you had to pick between a 06 Civic Si and a 06 Rsx-type S, which would you choose and why? i am debating on which one i should get. If you have experience driving them, tell them here!

Here are some stats

2006 Honda Civic Si:
Horsepower: 197 @ 7800
Torque: 139 @ 6100
Redline (rpm): 8000
Curb Weight: 2877lbs
Mileage: 23/32
Weight Distribution (%, front/rear): 61/39
Price: starts at $20,290

2006 Acura RSX Type-S:
Horsepower: 201 @ 7800
Torque: 140 @ 7000
Redline (rpm): 8100
Curb Weight: 2840lbs
Mileage: 23/31
Weight Distribution (%, front/rear): 61/39
Price: starts at $23,845

These stats are from Honda.com

ah, just found a previous thread about this, sorry

Last edited by BubbaPhu; 03-29-2006 at 04:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-29-2006
Registered!!

xkimsungminx is an unknown quantity at this point
first of all.. you can get an 06 civic si for anywhere near that price and that's all i have to say. if money is not a big deal, you might want to go with the civic si; i think it has alot more backing from the import tuning industry than the rsx-s, and cuz of the fact that it's rumored that the rsx-s is getting discontinued.
Old 03-29-2006
Registered!!

LiVe bAiT is an unknown quantity at this point
only reason id choice the rsx is because looks a hell of a lot better i think. but thats just me.... other then that both great cars. go with which ever one u can getthe best deal on.
Old 03-29-2006
up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-b-a-start

R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by xkimsungminx
first of all.. you can get an 06 civic si for anywhere near that price and that's all i have to say. if money is not a big deal, you might want to go with the civic si; i think it has alot more backing from the import tuning industry than the rsx-s, and cuz of the fact that it's rumored that the rsx-s is getting discontinued.
are you insane? How would the Si have more backing from the tuning scene when it was just released? Sure there's some stuff on the market already (only because it's power plant is the K series) but do you have any idea how much stuff is even available for the RSX? The RSX has been out for over 4 years. Get your facts straight man.

Anyways, back to the original question... power between the two cars are nearly identical... the Si comes with LSD which is a bonus. If you're able to afford both, take them for a test drive and buy which ever you like best.

Last edited by R1Style; 03-29-2006 at 07:35 AM.
Old 03-29-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
rsx hands down. tons of parts available, not the first year of production, new model looks way better than si, prolly faster down low, i could go on all day.
Old 03-29-2006
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute
Its tough....RSX does not have LSD.....and it is last year....no 2007 RSX
many people bought SI at MSRP price at TOV....out the door price...
All these are mentioned above....

Yeah its true RSX has been out 4 few years....its chassis same as 7th gen civic....but acura...

like R1Style said i would recommend test drive both to suit your needs...
Old 03-29-2006
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
yes exactly. you'll know instantly after a test drive which is better for you.
Old 03-29-2006
Registered!!

xkimsungminx is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by R1Style
are you insane? How would the Si have more backing from the tuning scene when it was just released? Sure there's some stuff on the market already (only because it's power plant is the K series) but do you have any idea how much stuff is even available for the RSX? The RSX has been out for over 4 years. Get your facts straight man.

Anyways, back to the original question... power between the two cars are nearly identical... the Si comes with LSD which is a bonus. If you're able to afford both, take them for a test drive and buy which ever you like best.
i said that because Honda actually gave away cars to Tuning companies, and I would think it'd be much easier for them to develop more parts for the Si that way since they dont have to get donor cars to give free parts to or buy their own cars to R&D, no?
Old 03-29-2006
Registered!!

jackburton will become famous soon enoughjackburton will become famous soon enough
Get the rsx, last year produciton or not. Either way it is sweet. The last generation is always the best, and if this is not the last year, then more parts will come out. But there are still so many upgrades available for the rsx s, it really is rediculous, so that really is not an issue. I guess if you thought that it is outdated, but it is not at all. Sure the si has an lsd, and has a newer suspension, but it does not compare in looks.

Basically the looks and engine bay really kill the new si. Not to mention the price and the fact that it is in the first year of production.

I would get the rsx, slap on a s/c or hks turbo, and.....
Old 03-29-2006
up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-b-a-start

R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by xkimsungminx
i said that because Honda actually gave away cars to Tuning companies, and I would think it'd be much easier for them to develop more parts for the Si that way since they dont have to get donor cars to give free parts to or buy their own cars to R&D, no?
whether Honda gave those cars away or not is a different story. Sure the Si will have a big market in the near future but the fact of the matter is, the RSX market is gigantic...
Old 03-29-2006
Premium Member

the si is targeted more to the tuner crowd tho. Its what we've always wanted, but how does that compare to their overall market? most people I see driving around here are regular civics even the younger crowd, and they are not modified. I have seen maybe 5 si hatch driving around and one modded. I see hundreds of sedans and coupes, also unmodified. so it makes you wonder who will actually even buy the si? at least the rsx has the sporty luxury coupe image and i see tons of those around. i'm not even sure who would buy a new si when there is a better version (rsx).
Old 03-29-2006
Don't be a n00b, search ftw

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
Can you get both?
Old 03-29-2006
soooon to be psshh

kimchi29 is an unknown quantity at this point
im actually getting a 06 white si with navigation with a 1500 dealer markup. the original markup was 3750 but we talked them down after another dealership said they would give us a 1500 markup. i test drove the si, an drive my friends rsx-s with i/h/e/hondata and although his car is quicker, there is something about the si that is just so much more fun to drive. the enterior styling of the RSX is more sophisticated, but the SI retains a level that is moderate. More sporty feel on the enterior of the SI. what really sold me on the car was the navigation and teh interior gauges. all in all it comes down to personal taste and preference. go test drive both for yourself and decide.
Old 03-29-2006
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
enterior? interior?
Would it be ixterior then?

j/p
Originally Posted by kimchi29
all in all it comes down to personal taste and preference.
Totally right.
Old 03-29-2006
soooon to be psshh

holy cow i butchered the spelling of interior in my posts lol
Old 03-29-2006
Registered!!

chrisleecool has a spectacular aura aboutchrisleecool has a spectacular aura about
^^hahaha..

man it is a tough choice, but to me, I'd choose Rsx-s over 06Si
reasons are!!! u've already heard it many times so i wont' repeat it again
Old 03-29-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
RSX is getting played out. New Si is now the better car performance wise too. It handles better and can keep up with some nearly $30,000 cars (Like the new gti with the dsg being in the very high $28/$29k range)
Old 03-30-2006
Registered!!

Thuener will become famous soon enoughThuener will become famous soon enough
Rsx-s > Em2, Si, Ek
Old 03-30-2006
soooon to be psshh

the si is a car that must be driven to be appreciated. the vtec just SCREAMS when it kicks in. this car is MUCH more of a drivers car compared to the rsx in my opinion.
Old 03-30-2006
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by diskreet
RSX is getting played out. New Si is now the better car performance wise too. It handles better and can keep up with some nearly $30,000 cars (Like the new gti with the dsg being in the very high $28/$29k range)
Mehhh
Over here both the Si and Type S are in the ~$26-27K mark. It sucks to be me.

And yes, that is US$.
Old 03-30-2006
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ramcosca
Mehhh
Over here both the Si and Type S are in the ~$26-27K mark. It sucks to be me.

And yes, that is US$.
dam that is nuts...

about a month ago i went to the acrua dealership for a rsx-s..the guy was trying to sell my one for 24k with tax..so it was no go...plus my car was completely stock then, now i have no mods on it, and im going to be taking a loan out for 20 or so grand and im going to go buy me a rsx-s..

26-27 is a tsx...there nice 2..
Old 03-30-2006

diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Once the demand dies down a tiny bit the Si will drop to MSRP and maybe you can even get it a bit lower.
Old 03-30-2006
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by diskreet
Once the demand dies down a tiny bit the Si will drop to MSRP and maybe you can even get it a bit lower.

well i also went to the dealership to see what they are pricing them..i went online to the kay honda dealership by me and you can do a online quote...the are priced at 20 without navi...so i gave a quote for 19k. i went to the dealership and they said they are selling them for 24k...i was like WTF, i can go buy a rsx-s, and have leather and a lil more power for the same price!

idk, i cant believe they are getting marked up that high.
Old 03-30-2006

The Si is still a better car. Its better at turning, and in FWD, thats a big deal.
Old 03-30-2006
A big, hairy Kentucky boy

stinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to all
Not sure if we still have it because I haven't ventured over to that side of the lot in a while, but we were selling our SI without navi for $19,000. I'll check this afternoon.
Old 03-30-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by stinkypie
Not sure if we still have it because I haven't ventured over to that side of the lot in a while, but we were selling our SI without navi for $19,000. I'll check this afternoon.
yeah i think anyhting pasted 19k-20k is rediclous...

idk i like the rsx-s...its so nice!
Old 03-30-2006
soooon to be psshh

you guys have to remember that honda is only making 15,000 of the si for the year. i really dont think they realized that so many people would want the car.
Old 03-30-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by kimchi29
you guys have to remember that honda is only making 15,000 of the si for the year. i really dont think they realized that so many people would want the car.
this is true...

that is why i am going to be buying a rsx-s.

plus they are a lil nicer IMO.

Last edited by exturbo6; 03-30-2006 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-30-2006
Registered!!

jackburton will become famous soon enoughjackburton will become famous soon enough
Sounds like you were blinded by the light....
Old 03-30-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by jackburton
Sounds like you were blinded by the light....

THERE WAS NEVER A LIGHT.

Quick Reply: 06 Civic Si or 06 RSX Type-S?