General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

why the hell

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trusted
Post why the hell

does honda make all these commercial about tuning and do all these challenges( i.e rsx......si.....the new si) if they say we are trying to help the market grow. Then why the hell when u go in to have service you get all this $hit about ( o $hit u have an intake you just void your warren.so kiss are . while on the walls in the dealership u see pics of steph pap. in his honda brand car.

it seem like toyota is the only man. that is looking out for there "tuner" car with there scion line you can buy your rims, sri only, and exhaust...or in a few months i think you can get the superchager and....still walk away with a warren. honda tells you u should be happy with what were giving u. these is supposed to be serious not some . can some one tell is there something i am not ( it just seems every time i go into the dealership i get all this **** but make some phone calls and they fix the ****.
Old 03-16-2006
Registered!!

HonCivX02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Honestly it sounds like you dont know any of the right people if ya know what i mean. Also to my knowledge intakes dont void warrentys.....
Old 03-16-2006
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about
Um...Toyota/Scion has small print that states that some aftermarket parts are intended for off road uae only and may void the warranty.

I just think you are at the wrong dealership with the wrong people.

I've had some expensive warranty work done on my modded car with no questions asked from the dealership.
Old 03-16-2006
7thgencivic's Official Bad Samaritan
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

HITMAN has a reputation beyond reputeHITMAN has a reputation beyond reputeHITMAN has a reputation beyond reputeHITMAN has a reputation beyond reputeHITMAN has a reputation beyond reputeHITMAN has a reputation beyond reputeHITMAN has a reputation beyond reputeHITMAN has a reputation beyond reputeHITMAN has a reputation beyond reputeHITMAN has a reputation beyond reputeHITMAN has a reputation beyond repute
The english language > you
Old 03-16-2006
Registered!!

simplicated1979 will become famous soon enoughsimplicated1979 will become famous soon enough
hmmmmm...yeah it seems like u found the dealership from hell. I actually had my intake and evo 2 installed by my dealership and they were happy to do it. Warranty wasn't voided and they told me any probs i have just come back and they'll fix it...go figure...
Old 03-16-2006
Registered!!

fiatdale will become famous soon enoughfiatdale will become famous soon enough
and also just to note, warran must equal WARRANTY
Old 03-16-2006
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HonCivX02
Honestly it sounds like you dont know any of the right people if ya know what i mean. Also to my knowledge intakes dont void warrentys.....
Yes they do. Anything you change voids warranty on that specific area of the vehicle, that's what I was told @ my dealer.
Old 03-16-2006
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
scansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nice
Yup, my neuspeed springs caused my transmission to pop out of gear and grind.

Remember those civic nation commercials.... They should have said at the end "All vehicles shown not covered by factory warranty"
Old 03-16-2006
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ Exatcly! All those cars all tuned out, some riced up, and no notice or anything!
Old 03-16-2006
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
the dealer I go to always has modded Civics being worked on ..... I would say 50%.
Old 03-16-2006
Words on a User Title

Originally Posted by CuRiOuSfIsH
the dealer I go to always has modded Civics being worked on ..... I would say 50%.
Are you sure you're going into a Honda dealer?
Old 03-16-2006
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
yes sir... 100% sure, same place I bought my Civic. Though they may not be heavy modded, but there are some minor things.
Old 03-16-2006
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
scansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nice
Yeah alot of modded cars get worked on by the dealers, but you know alot of them aren't getting anything for free.
Old 03-16-2006
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about
You guys need to start looking at the tiny small print on the bottom of the television when these commericals come on.
You know...the print you can't possibly see unless you were watching HDTV with a magnifying glass

Seriously though, if Honda's marketing methods is what got you into a Civic then they have done their job well

Most products are glamorized and exaggerated in advertisments to appeal to one's senses.
Remember as a kid you'd see commercials about Power Ranger's action figures fighting with the bad guys and when mommy finally bought you a set, you realized its just a piece of colored plastic that can't do **** on its own?
Old 03-16-2006
Registered!!

noooorb is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by LiKEaFeRiO
Remember as a kid you'd see commercials about Power Ranger's action figures fighting with the bad guys and when mommy finally bought you a set, you realized its just a piece of colored plastic that can't do **** on its own?
WHAT?!?! they can't?
Old 03-16-2006
awd pwnz j00

import2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by HITMAN
+12345
Old 03-16-2006
Premium Member

shmik1 has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by HITMAN
no ****.

no offense, I really dont understand this bitch fest, everyone knows the problems/guidelines of modding. If it bothers you so much find that legal document that explains dealership obligations involving modified cars. Everyone has dealt with it, I just recently was told I need a new clutch and flywheel for $900 and it's caused by abuse on my 03 with 23,xxx miles. I dont race it and most the time I'm very easy on it... (oh, also it has no added performance unless you cant 1-2hp) and as far as I know they're not even taking modding into concideration, just flat out fvcken me over.
Old 03-16-2006
Registered!!

scratattack04 is an unknown quantity at this point
one thing to watch out for when your bringing your car(with mods) in for a certain problem is make sure thats the problem. say you think your clutch is clicking, and you have an aftermarket intake that makes the clicking noise and not the clutch, they will charge you a 90 dollar diagnostic fee because they had to find the source of the noise. be carefull. they gave me a freebie.
Old 03-16-2006
Registered!!

I think one factor no one ever talks about is you, the customer.
How you approach and deal with your problem with your service advisor plays a big part in determining if they will allow warranty work.
Sounds like profiling and discrimination but its true.

I went to my dealership with broken motor mounts that should be covered under warranty.
I was very friendly with the service advisor and we shared some laughs.

Not once was I asked about my rims, drop, or intake.

Car was fixed in the time promised and they also washed my car.
Old 03-17-2006
Registered!!

cleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trusted
ok not to bee an a$$ but this is not fu(king english class ok from the looks of it you got my post correctly and understod it....... i am just saying this is my second civic in a year....( the first one was a big problem) then i went out and got a second one...I am just saying that the dealership i go to ****ing has cars on the lot that are moded up the a$$ and they even have there gay a$$ stickers on the cars ( if u live in chicago u might know this place "mueller racing" even when i was buying my car they took it off the truck and it had there decal on it..this might sound like bitching but if the place has cars and decals all over the place...why the hell then when i bring in my car it is a problem.
Old 03-17-2006

cubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of light
Honda should make more HFP parts for the engine, suspension, electronics and so no.. Many Honda customers are young adults that only buy their cars to modify them in some way. I know they may be expensive, but it would be an alternative for those who want to tune their cars and still be covered by warranty..
Old 03-17-2006
Registered!!

Projectseven is an unknown quantity at this point
My Uncle is the parts manager at Honda where I bought my car and a long time friend of the family is the head mechanic so I don't get hastled. I don't take the car there unless I get hassled at the local dealer since it is 70 miles away. Yet so far I haven't had to go for any warranty work and not little over a year later don't have warranty do to the miles, I agree with LIKEaFerio it is alot to do with the way you approach them.
Old 03-17-2006
Registered!!

swifty2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Like some people said...it ALL depends on the dealer, and mods. My current dealer dosen't even look at mods...they dont care, its all business.... I've still got my full warrenty...
With my last car, at GM, if the mod was responsible for the problem, then they would void the warrenty...if it wasnt, they wouldnt hassle about it...simple as that
Some people just have better dealers then others....
End of story
Old 03-17-2006
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by HonCivX02
... to my knowledge intakes dont void warrentys.....

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=94673
Old 03-25-2006
Registered!!

HonCivX02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by ramcosca
Yes they do. Anything you change voids warranty on that specific area of the vehicle, that's what I was told @ my dealer.
Depends on the dealer. In all actuality you are wrong. If the dealer tells you it does then just show them ^^that and they will change their mind. Also think about what you said. Are you telling me that if you painted your fuse box cover it would void your warranty? lmao