General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

What do the Billionaires Drive??

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UrAverageCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by R3DL1N3
even so....dude i think once i got past the 40 billion dollar mark, i could stand to buy myself a ferrari or a gt-r or something. whats the point of having that much money and not spending a little?
i guess its all about values, some people just don't care about materialistic goods, No matter how wealthy they are. Also they don't have 40 billion dollars in spending money but rather assets. Plus, you gotta think in long term.
Old 03-01-2006
Banned

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond repute
if you got it and you're there, there really is no need to show off. most of the people who consider cars as their status quo is most likely the opposite side of the spectrum on the provided list.
Old 03-02-2006
Registered!!

xkimsungminx is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by johnmao123
i guess its all about values, some people just don't care about materialistic goods, No matter how wealthy they are. Also they don't have 40 billion dollars in spending money but rather assets. Plus, you gotta think in long term.
yea what he said.. and they dont have freekin like $40 billion in cash man. they have down what their net worth is from combined assets from stocks to property, etc. if they were to liquidate all their assets then yea maybe. i'm not saying they have nothing in their bank accounts, i'm sure they have a mil or two, or three or four, haha but yea.
Old 03-02-2006
The Video Collector

trev0006 is a splendid one to beholdtrev0006 is a splendid one to beholdtrev0006 is a splendid one to beholdtrev0006 is a splendid one to beholdtrev0006 is a splendid one to beholdtrev0006 is a splendid one to beholdtrev0006 is a splendid one to beholdtrev0006 is a splendid one to beholdtrev0006 is a splendid one to behold
wow that is a surprise
Old 03-02-2006
Registered!!

Taffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by CiViCPrAnInG2k1
if you got it and you're there, there really is no need to show off. most of the people who consider cars as their status quo is most likely the opposite side of the spectrum on the provided list.

That is the best quote in the whole thread!!

Most of you guys on this board including myself are still young so we obviously don't have that much to worry about as far as expenses go (some of you might still live at home w/ parents). So instead of spending money on investments and real estate, the one thing that you can probably put your money into that will make you happy is your car or clothes/image. So since you have that mindset it only makes you want what you can't have even more (lambos, ferraris, etc.), And nobody is blaming you because that is human nature to want what you can't have right away. It's cool to have dreams and ambition to maybe get your dream car one day, but you gotta remember that most of those billionaires are not from billionaire families (except royalty) so they know the value of a honest earned dollar.

And keep in mind that most of those billionaires on that list are CEO'/ownerss of billionaire corporations, so they don't own the company entirely, the shareholders of stock to the company do.
Old 03-02-2006
diamonds she will pretty much have to

ex2k3 is a jewel in the roughex2k3 is a jewel in the roughex2k3 is a jewel in the rough
Another thing to think about though is that a lot of business owners by things "for the company" so they may have the Ferrari as the "company vehicle" so it wouldn't show up in their personal DOT records. Or not. Some of those cars are teh suck, they must have their money somewhere else more important to them.

I know if I was loaded I probably would have a humble house but have a huge garage with all the equipment imaginable and some nice cars. Maybe open up a track as a business so I have a place to run the cars and still make money from it on the side to atleast pay for itself.
Old 03-02-2006
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
well ikea's furniture is **** so i guess his car has to be too
Old 03-02-2006
Registered!!

RangerMan is a jewel in the roughRangerMan is a jewel in the roughRangerMan is a jewel in the rough
HAHAHA just look at it..

I wouldn't own a Volvo if I was poor..
Old 03-02-2006
Registered!!

RangerMan is a jewel in the roughRangerMan is a jewel in the roughRangerMan is a jewel in the rough
^^ I am still laughin lol

It like..arrrggg I'm a billionaire..check it babes
Old 03-02-2006
2005SE

There are plety of rich people with all sorts of cars (Look at Jay Leno's collection!). They buy cars because it's a hobby of theirs and they can afford it. For all we know, one of the boring old queefs on that list could collect airplanes or small countries! It's all in what you like, and at the end of the day:

Real estate = Good Investment
Automobiles = Poor Investment (except for classics, etc.)

It's all about what you're into. Me, I'm into cars, so it looks like those rich people have no taste. HA!
Old 03-02-2006
Registered!!

nooboob is on a distinguished road
how the heezy did Forbes obtain motor vehicle registrations?
Old 03-02-2006
YUL
Registered!!

YUL has a spectacular aura aboutYUL has a spectacular aura about
I figure these guys must have chauffeurs and drive around in company cars to get to work and stuff.

They probably don't get the chance to drive much actually.
Old 03-02-2006
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
Why do we like cars? Becase its fun to drive them........ some people just do not see the fun in driving... so they don't buy fancy cars even thought ehy can afford them
Old 03-02-2006
that little dude
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

slick will become famous soon enoughslick will become famous soon enough
^^^
that's what I'm saying. Have you guys seen Bill Gates house? Its like 60,000 square feet, a lot of it was underground, and it has high tech stuff in it, cost like $100 million dollars. He splurged on something, just not a car, probably not high on there list of stuff to buy (aka waste money on).
Old 03-02-2006
Registered!!

thegent is an unknown quantity at this point
Any single one of those rich people just have to WALK inside a dealership and they'll get a car, FREE, with nothing to sign. The sales manager will bring him the car keys on a silver platter. He can always return the car if he doesn't like it.

If these guys really drive their old crappy cars, I guess it kinda confirms what kind of freaks they are. Why does Bill Gates still work if he's the richest man of the world? I'd be long gone on a private island with a helicopter, jet, yacht and race track + cars at my disposition. Let's face it, these guys are workaholics and they all have their little vices : just like us, except they're wacky.
Old 03-02-2006
Banned

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond repute
simple, house is where the money is. cars are just bad investment because they loose value.
Old 03-03-2006
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute
it proves that us with our $50k a yr for instance are happier with a k20 swapped civic rarather than a million dollar enzo we cant drive and wreck! money doenst make you happy, the money you have to keep you happy; only lasts till its gone. i love my car and trust it, rather thant spending millions on clothes, cars, and houses would be nothing but a spree till its gone.
Old 03-03-2006
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute
If these guys really drive their old crappy cars, I guess it kinda confirms what kind of freaks they are. Why does Bill Gates still work if he's the richest man of the world? I'd be long gone on a private island with a helicopter, jet, yacht and race track + cars at my disposition. Let's face it, these guys are workaholics and they all have their little vices : just like us, except they're wacky.
if they all retires im sure this world would go into a hole since they didnt want to commit theirselves to theur work
Old 03-03-2006
Banned

spoonJDMlX is an unknown quantity at this point
http://www.forbesautos.com/advice/to...r_kamprad.html

damn cheap modafukers, that moron has billions and he drive a crappy *** volvo....

ppl making around 100 a year are driving s600 n whatnow, this cheap ******* is driving a fukin car thats my cousins age
Old 03-03-2006
Registered!!

UrAverageCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by spoonJDMlX

damn cheap modafukers, that moron has billions and he drive a crappy *** volvo....

ppl making around 100 a year are driving s600 n whatnow, this cheap ******* is driving a fukin car thats my cousins age
if he's a moron, Why is he a billionaire?
Old 03-03-2006
Banned

cuz hes prollya j3w and a cheap assmonkey that lives in an apt.
Old 03-03-2006
Banned

cuz hes prollya j3w and a cheap assmonkey that lives in an apt.
that's fvcked up!

WHITE POWER
Old 03-04-2006
Banned

yeah and its the truth
Old 03-04-2006
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough

People who have a lot of money don't need to flaunt it....... its the people who make $100k a year who live paycheck to paycheck with like $500k in debt paying off a car they can't really afford and buying a house thats way out of their price range.... all in the name of showing everyone that they are much better off then they really are.
Old 03-04-2006
Registered!!

straightfaced is an unknown quantity at this point
The reason for the cars on the most part is most of the dont drive themselves anywhere, the sit in the back and relax
Old 03-04-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by straightfaced
The reason for the cars on the most part is most of the dont drive themselves anywhere, the sit in the back and relax
i.e. Not all billionaires are car collector maniacs.
Old 03-04-2006
Banned

jay leno is but he isnt a billionaire......

he has everycar you can think of...
Old 03-04-2006
Registered!!

jay leno is but he isnt a billionaire......

he has everycar you can think of...
From http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005143/bio :

[Jay Leno] Owns over 30 classic cars and over 40 motorcycles. His very first automobile was a 1934 Ford V-8 truck which he restored himself at the age of 14.

He owns classic cars, not accords and civics. Would you deny the accuracy of the International Movie Database? You don't need to be a billionaire to collect cars because not all billionaires have an obsession with cars. You could be a car thief and still collect cars. It's got nothing to do with money.

Last edited by thegent; 03-04-2006 at 06:30 PM.
Old 03-04-2006
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
Im sure he had some modern cars.
Old 03-04-2006
Registered!!

Aaron Bereznak is an unknown quantity at this point
D- Yes, he owns the McLaren F1 supercar

Quick Reply: What do the Billionaires Drive??