General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Is this the next Civic Type R?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006
Words on a User Title

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
Is this the next Civic Type R?

I was browsing through some of the blogs I have that cover the automobile industry and such and found one vehicle that we all know, love and want.

But... it's not the powerful Si we all know, no sir. It's the three door version of the Euro Civic... complete with Type R packaging. Now this seems to be getting interesting.

Here's the pics:

The text on the page reads:

Originally Posted by Vince Burlapp, The Hollywood Extra: Honda Civic Type R[/quote
The type R is supposed to be the ultimate Civic. One we never get....

I am not sure yet of what kind of engine goes into this. It might actually just be the 200hp from the Si. But I'm not sure.

What is interesting is to see the 2 door design.
There are still rumors out there that a version on the 2 door Euro Civic might come over here to replace the small Acura.

So, imagine this without the wings, skirts etc... And maybe you're looking at the next RSX...
So what do you guys think? I think it looks real enough. I'm supposing it's either not fake or a great chop. Let's see as time develops this.
Old 02-24-2006
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
Ok, so I browsed a little more and found some more info on this.

Originally Posted by Paul Tan, from paultan.org
Honda will showcase a concept model of the new Honda Civic Type R at the 2006 Geneva Motor Show. AutoExpress says contrary to speculation, the Civic Type R will not have a new 2.2 liter engine. The powerplant will remain the same 2.0 liter i-VTEC high-revving monster dishing out aural orgasms wherever it goes, as long as you keep the revs high.

AutoExpress says the hot hatchback will typically take on similiar bodykits to the Mugen Civic Dominator, but in hatchback form so it’s all good. The concept will not be a production model, but you will be able to have a glimpse of the final bodykit which will be slapped on the mean high-revving machine.
Plus some interesting pictures found on his comments. This one looks real enough also...

Originally Posted by KingKong
plus, the new Type R will be powered by a 2.2L engine, delivering the same 197bhp as original.
Old 02-24-2006
Registered!!

simplicated1979 will become famous soon enoughsimplicated1979 will become famous soon enough
hmmmmm...very nice...IMO it looks like a next version of the hatch back.
Old 02-24-2006
Proud to be a civic owner

es2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
it's ugly...
Old 02-24-2006
Registered!!

simplicated1979 will become famous soon enoughsimplicated1979 will become famous soon enough
quote"AutoExpress says the hot hatchback"

hmmmmm...seems like I guessed right.
Old 02-24-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by es2k2
it's ugly...
lol...

hmmmmm...honesly i'm not feeling those tails..but it is euro and different..oh well whatever...
Old 02-24-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

drunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of light
its already availble in europe in that body style (not a type r of course)
i think it is soo ugly
Old 02-24-2006
Words on a User Title

Ok, read some more. It WILL be powered by the same 2.0L, not a new 2.2L.

And no, it's still not available in Europe. What's available is the 5-door version, that's a three door. The 5-door is a bit more elongated than the 3-door, as it always had been.

Compare:

Old 02-24-2006
Registered!!

[QUOTE=ramcosca]Ok, read some more. It WILL be powered by the same 2.0L, not a new 2.2L.

And no, it's still not available in Europe. What's available is the 5-door version, that's a three door. The 5-door is a bit more elongated than the 3-door, as it always had been.

hmmmmm...yes he is right...this new one seems much more shorter.
Old 02-24-2006
Words on a User Title

Ok, found some more info and pics, hooray!

Originally Posted by Luca, from eurocarblog.com
Here it is, the eagerly awaited Honda Civic Type-R Concept that will be presented next week in Geneva. This Concept should be very similar to the production 3-door version. In the Type-R and in this yellow livery it resembles a bad-*** car out the Mugen shop more than a "factory" Honda.

I guess this version will put to rest once and for all Top Gear's saying that only old people buy Hondas in Europa, nowadays.

The concept has the 200 ps 2.0 liters i-VTEC engine of the previous Type-R. We still don't know it the production Type-R will have the same engine.
Some two other pics that I hadn't posted were also found on the site.

It seems the pictures are from the Italian branch of Autoblog. I'll go check it out.
Old 02-24-2006
Registered!!

free_refil will become famous soon enoughfree_refil will become famous soon enough
Damn those wheels are hot!
Old 02-24-2006
Registered!!

Valdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to all
I like those wheels just never did like the hatchback. Its ugly. But it is European go figure.
Old 02-24-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
that car is mofugly
Old 02-24-2006
Registered!!

mateusz is an unknown quantity at this point
i like that rear end...
Old 02-24-2006
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
The front is ok but the back needs a little work.
Old 02-24-2006
Banned

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond repute
so if that's the case. we already have the CTR here as a rebadged SI, in two forms coupe and sedan.
Old 02-24-2006
Registered!!

Eeeeeeh is an unknown quantity at this point
That thing looks like ***. It looks too f*ckin extreme. It seems as though ever since the year 2000 Honda stopped making curvy, low, subtle looking cars and started rounding out the cars. The hood and front pillars are so short and rounded it looks as though the car was put in a compressor
Old 02-24-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
why can't they make a CTR thats not a hatch? im so sick of ugly hatches from honda. damn
Old 02-24-2006
Registered!!

Si_FurY is an unknown quantity at this point
I hope it is the next one... I love it. Yay for the hatch!
Old 02-24-2006
Words on a User Title

Originally Posted by mateusz
i like that rear end...
You seem to be alone.
Originally Posted by CiViCPrAnInG2k1
so if that's the case. we already have the CTR here as a rebadged SI, in two forms coupe and sedan.
Yup, yup, yup.
If it's the same engine or engine specs BUT it's deffinately gonna be lighter... making it "faster"...

Mehhh... I don't like it. I never liked the 5 door and it seems I'm not going to like the 3 door either.
Old 02-24-2006
Banned

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond repute
it doesn't look that bad, i would hit it!
Old 02-24-2006
I spend way too much time on this website

LowSky is an unknown quantity at this point
ugly euro civic... any actually read the top right corner it says its going to have 197hp... same as our Si

so it looks like america get the Si coupe, and sedan
europe and everywhere else gets the type R hatchback
Old 02-24-2006
Registered!!

5.0calypso93lx is an unknown quantity at this point
I'll pass
Old 02-24-2006
Registered!!

Black03civic has a spectacular aura aboutBlack03civic has a spectacular aura aboutBlack03civic has a spectacular aura about
not bad not bad
Old 02-24-2006
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
ewww
Old 02-24-2006
Registered!!

boxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the rough
damn that shizzles nicee yeah also the back loooks funny but the fronts cool
Old 02-24-2006
Registered!!

Civicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by es2k2
it's ugly...

thats hot
Old 02-24-2006
Registered!!

Civicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by ***** Fn FBM 85
ewww

ya right thats sweet if u dont like that then u must not like the civic SI?
Old 02-24-2006
Words on a User Title

Originally Posted by LowSky
so it looks like america get the Si coupe, and sedan
europe and everywhere else gets the type R hatchback
So it seems. At last we get a Civic with the same engine capabilities than the rest of the world, it seems. Not a Type R, but an Si... and the rest of the world doesn't get the Si, see? (Well, just a couple countries, I think it includes Japan... get me more info on that)
Old 02-24-2006
Registered!!

dre2600 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by ramcosca
Ok, so I browsed a little more and found some more info on this.

Plus some interesting pictures found on his comments. This one looks real enough also...

By the looks of it, I'd rather have the CBR in the lower corner of this article

Quick Reply: Is this the next Civic Type R?