General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

New York Times Reviews the Z06

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dre2600 is an unknown quantity at this point
New York Times Reviews the Z06

Jesus Christ, the bloody thing weighs less than my Mazda I think, 0-60 in 3.4, I think that might be faster than my CBR

Linky: http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/05/au...pc&oref=slogin
Old 02-04-2006
Registered!!

me2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
I want, i wish i had $65000 dollars so i could buy one.
Old 02-04-2006
Still in the game...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

scatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to behold
****....65,000 is cheap for what you get, thats for sure.
Old 02-04-2006
Registered!!

noooorb is an unknown quantity at this point
Yea problem is dealer marks-up are $90k+, some even at $110k.
Old 02-04-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
my gf gramps has one. its sick
edit: he has a c6. different vette. sorry

Last edited by MajinB; 02-05-2006 at 12:03 AM.
Old 02-04-2006

cubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of light
I've always like this car, specialy this part: "All this and a top speed of 198 m.p.h.!"
Old 02-04-2006
Sweetest Dude on 7th Gen

xX03EXx will become famous soon enoughxX03EXx will become famous soon enough
Wowww. Pure nastyness.
Old 02-04-2006

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
its funny how domestics know how to make perfect cars at prices normal people can't afford
Old 02-04-2006
Formerly efil on evol on

Cptn. Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCptn. Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCptn. Slow has a spectacular aura about
it's not perfect by any stretch of the imagniation. The interior, though improved, still seems cheap. The electronics are bound to cause problems. Example, to get out you press a button and then the door unlocks so it is electrical not mechanial: not long before that is messing up and you are locked inside the car. From what I've heard it is a very skittish even for the best drivers in corners. So unless you live somewhere with all straights you are better of with something else
Old 02-04-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by efil on evol on
it's not perfect by any stretch of the imagniation. The interior, though improved, still seems cheap. The electronics are bound to cause problems. Example, to get out you press a button and then the door unlocks so it is electrical not mechanial: not long before that is messing up and you are locked inside the car. From what I've heard it is a very skittish even for the best drivers in corners. So unless you live somewhere with all straights you are better of with something else
I'm sure they'll fine-tune that out, I mean, every performance car starts out like that and then they dumb it down a bit so the average person can drive it, they did it with the S2000 and they do it with most other cars by balancing the front/rear rolls bars so that the car is more likely to push and less likely to spin (ie: idiot proof). I'm sure that, should it prove skittish enough they will begin to augment it. But I guess time will tell...
Old 02-05-2006
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by dre2600
I'm sure they'll fine-tune that out, I mean, every performance car starts out like that and then they dumb it down a bit so the average person can drive it, they did it with the S2000 and they do it with most other cars by balancing the front/rear rolls bars so that the car is more likely to push and less likely to spin (ie: idiot proof). I'm sure that, should it prove skittish enough they will begin to augment it. But I guess time will tell...
No, they're probably keeping it that way. This is the racing version... I know they would make the regular Vette easier to drive in a heartbeat.
Old 02-05-2006
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by MajinB
my gf gramps has one. its sick
edit: he has a c6. different vette. sorry
this is a c6 too. its a c6 z06.
Old 02-05-2006
PWIT

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
i think he means just a regular c6
Old 02-05-2006
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by CenZ
i think he means just a regular c6
i know, it seemed to me like he thinks that the c6 (what his gf's grandpa has) and the car shown (c6 z06) were totally different.
Old 02-05-2006
I sure wish my car was newer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light
Since I'm a 'Vette fan, I'll defend it.

Originally Posted by efil on evol on
it's not perfect by any stretch of the imagniation. The interior, though improved, still seems cheap.
Granted, it doesn't have the fit and finish of a Ferrari, but I don't think a handstitched lambskin steering wheel made from the prettiest lamb in Italy is an option when you're trying to make a supercar that a normal person could reasonably afford one day.

The electronics are bound to cause problems. Example, to get out you press a button and then the door unlocks so it is electrical not mechanial: not long before that is messing up and you are locked inside the car.
Speculation.

From what I've heard it is a very skittish even for the best drivers in corners. So unless you live somewhere with all straights you are better of with something else
If it handles like it's on rails, you're not driving hard enough. Either way, the car can compete with European cars retailing for 3x the price, yet it's still available to an average person. When you're not looking at it from the perspective of a car collector who can afford to toss in a Z06 with his Lamborghinis and Ferraris, it comes pretty damn close to perfection.
Old 02-05-2006
Registered!!

fiatdale will become famous soon enoughfiatdale will become famous soon enough
^^ Ahmen. Thanks for defedning the Vette, it deserves it. The vette has always been about just pure power. This z06 is no different. Where else can you get a car like this though? 500 horsepower, insanely fast speeds, GREAT gas milage, for $65k. I know some of you are thinking that is a lot of money, and in ways yes it is. But you have to figure the Vettes competition and where their pricing is...the Vette is priced as the cheapest of most all supercars like this. Good job GM, I knew you would pull through on this one.
Old 02-05-2006
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice
well you could just buy a Evo and call it a day if all your into is speed...
Old 02-05-2006
up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-b-a-start

R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light
Best bang for your buck. I'd buy one for sure.
Old 02-05-2006
Life Begins > 6800rpms

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
its a great value for what you get.
Old 02-05-2006
Pretty friggin old-school member

silver_surfer is a glorious beacon of lightsilver_surfer is a glorious beacon of lightsilver_surfer is a glorious beacon of lightsilver_surfer is a glorious beacon of lightsilver_surfer is a glorious beacon of light
Have you seen the Numbers against the New Viper?

Less horsepower, but better 1/4 and MPG

and 20 grand less
Old 02-05-2006
aki
Registered!!

aki is an unknown quantity at this point
The main thing I don't like about the Vette is the interior looks cheap... compared to even an Accord. You don't need lambskin leather to have a stylish interior. It's just a bad design. Exterior has some nice lines but still looks way too much like the C5 Corvette. Spend 20 grand to mod an Evo MR and the acceleration won't be too far off. Sure the Evo wouldn't have that 198 mph max speed, but who'd even take advantage of that anyway?
Old 02-05-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by CivicsRdBest
No, they're probably keeping it that way. This is the racing version... I know they would make the regular Vette easier to drive in a heartbeat.
I'm not sure about that, if you look at whos buying it, its not devotedly racers, its at best decent drivers who want a fast car (I'll bet a large amount of them older and able to afford the cost). You tailor your product for your market.
Old 02-05-2006

Originally Posted by mandangalo
i know, it seemed to me like he thinks that the c6 (what his gf's grandpa has) and the car shown (c6 z06) were totally different.
i didn't know
Old 02-06-2006
Registered!!

R3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to all
wow....chevy just earned its place in my heart.
Old 02-06-2006
Registered!!

xkimsungminx is an unknown quantity at this point
i freekin LOVE the new Z06, all you people saying it's not as good or whatever are smokin crack. i'd take this any day over an EVO with $20k in mods. i'd rather take american muscle over mitsubishi rice. well either way, i'd never get anything mitsubishi, i dont trust that company. the evo VIII's from the first year or two of production have been detonating. i was told this like.. a year and a half ago. i dont know if this still holds true for later EVO VIII's but.. i would never buy an over priced mitsubishi.
Old 02-06-2006
Banned

spoonJDMlX is an unknown quantity at this point
eh, american junk...going to **** up ina few years. while our imports dont even die........
Old 02-06-2006
Registered!!

xkimsungminx is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by spoonJDMlX
eh, american junk...going to **** up ina few years. while our imports dont even die........
didn't you read the part where i said the first few years of production EVO VIII's have detonated on their owners... you dont consider that dying? it's like saying your heart exploded and but didn't die.
Old 02-06-2006
Registered!!

Unleaded is an unknown quantity at this point
so for $20k more i get a C6 on steroids but with the same rear leaf springs? the suspension engineers at bmw must be pissing in their pants...not.
Old 02-06-2006
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
scansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nice
Dude I had to drive one of the new corvettes at work once and everytime i got on it, it scared the **** out of me even though it was still an automatic. I can't imagine driving a Z06 if the regular ones are that fast too.
Old 02-06-2006
2005SE

Originally Posted by aki
The main thing I don't like about the Vette is the interior looks cheap... compared to even an Accord. You don't need lambskin leather to have a stylish interior. It's just a bad design. Exterior has some nice lines but still looks way too much like the C5 Corvette. Spend 20 grand to mod an Evo MR and the acceleration won't be too far off. Sure the Evo wouldn't have that 198 mph max speed, but who'd even take advantage of that anyway?
First, does your EVO with 20K worth of mods retain it's factory warranty? Probably not. Don't get me wrong, I love the EVO, but the Z06 is a totally different animal: 2 seater, 2 DOORS, not marketed toward the EVO crowd. I had the pelasure of driving a 6MT regular C6 and it slapped my modded '99 Trans Am back to the stone age in terms of all things performance. I personally feel that the interior of the C6 (and thus C6 Z06) is a little too small, and I'm an average sized guy. My 2 cents: If you're gonna get a 'vette, why not spend the extra money to get a Z06? The "Just get an EVO and mod it" people probably wouldn't get a vette in the first place, so who cares?

Quick Reply: New York Times Reviews the Z06