General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

What are your thoughts on Nissan vehicles?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Taffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant future
Question What are your thoughts on Nissan vehicles?

I always bought Honda vehicles and never had any experience with a Nissan other than the one time I rented a Maxima for 4 days. The Maxima drove really nicely and felt really solid, but other than that I never owned one. I've been getting mixed feelings on Nissans from different people. Anyone ever had any experience with one or knew someone that did? Just wondering how realiable they are in comparison with a Honda vehicle. Thanks.

Old 01-31-2006
Registered!!

silcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
I personally love em. I've got a 92 240sx sitting in my garage, im parting it out right now but I love it when it ran, best handling car i've ever had. I love the new ultima, maxima, and Xterra.
Old 01-31-2006
Registered!!

02nithwkcivcpe is an unknown quantity at this point
two of my good friends have nissans, one a 300zx twin turbo and another with 240sx, both seem to be of good quality, especially the 240sx it has 190,000 miles and he doesnt take it easy on his car either.
Old 01-31-2006
Registered!!

silcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah the 240sx has a pretty strong engine...gotta love the iron-block...thing definetly takes a beating and trust me when I say that..I really worked my 240 when I drove it..
Old 01-31-2006
Registered!!

skratch_munkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Yea, I've been thinking about making my next car a nissan, but I've also heard mixed reviews about them.
Old 01-31-2006
Registered!!

eyegiant is an unknown quantity at this point
I Always Thought About The Same Thing,since It Is A Japanese Car.
Old 01-31-2006
Banned

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond repute
i know a mechanic and he said NISSAN

Never been a big fan of them either. i would only take TOYOTA besides HONDA in my book.
Old 01-31-2006
Registered!!

Boods is an unknown quantity at this point
they arent as reliable as a honda. they have kinda random problems it seems. my friend's dad runs a nissan dealership and i was talking to one of the mechanics who worked at a honda dealer and then went to the nissan. and he said the same thing, that you just never know whats going to go wrong with them.
but on the other hand, it IS still a japanese car, you arent going to have all the problems with it like you would with say a Ford, and you are comparing it to a freaking honda. honda = reliable.

the big difference in my eyes is that honda makes reliable engines, Nissan makes powerful engines. i think honda's fastest car is the S2000. compare that to a 350z. or your buddy's 300zx. drop the SR20DET engine into a 240sx and its a monster. I dont think you'll ever get the power out of a honda you could get out of a nissan. so if sheer power is your thing, you would really love nissan. But thats only if you like the styling (like a Spec-V is still a boring car to me), and can accept that reliability wont be what you're used to. but dont go thinking its some unreliable shitbox company, because its not. Honda engines just seem bulletproof to me. my neighbour just sold his 240sx with 430,000 km on it, and he beat the **** out of it.
Old 01-31-2006
2005SE

My personal experience with Nissan: I owned a 2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe (Nissan Skyline 350GT for the JDM folks), and it was an awesome car. Sadly I had so many suspension problems with it I had to get rid of it and cut my losses. Keep in mind that I had not even begun to mod this car when I had the problems. It handled like a dream and was pretty damn fast, but reliability was not too great. My .02
Old 01-31-2006
Registered!!

bluestreak is an unknown quantity at this point
i've had a sentra SE-R and a 300ZX, both beat to hell and both were approaching 200K when I sold them. I had the Z in high school which says alot about how much I beat it, and the SE-R was the car after the Z. I'd go nissan in a minute, great cars
Old 01-31-2006
Registered!!

fiatdale will become famous soon enoughfiatdale will become famous soon enough
I love Nissan motors, specially the 3.5 in the older Maximas. That engine kicked so much ***. You litterally could NOT kill it no matter how hard you tried. I think they are in some finanical trouble right now though, they dont sell a whole lot of vehicles. Their Titan truck is a complete flop. Honda sold as many Ridgelines as they did Titans. Its too bad because I give them credit, they beat the hell out of Toyota Tundra with the Titan, it just still cant stack up against the Domestics. All in all though I think Nissan does make some nice ****.
Old 01-31-2006
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all
I owned a early 90's sentra, and it was a fairly nice beater car. It had alot of miles, but with proper maint. it drove fine. I sold it later on though to someone who needed it more.
Old 01-31-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
honda isn't that reliable anymore. sure maybe the older models but not the 01+. so really any car can be compared. i've heard of hyundai lasting longer and you even get 10 year warranty. nissan has also been pretty good new and old. lets just say they can take a beating.
Old 01-31-2006
Owned By Slo Rex

Day_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questioned
The only expirence I have with Nissans is the '05 Titan my mom has... so far is a good truck really comfortable too my parents drove it all the way to Flordia 12 hours straight to visit my brother and said they were comfortable the whole trip. It's powerful as hell too I love driving it.
Old 01-31-2006
Owned By Slo Rex

Day_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questioned
Originally Posted by gearbox
honda isn't that reliable anymore. sure maybe the older models but not the 01+. so really any car can be compared. i've heard of hyundai lasting longer and you even get 10 year warranty. nissan has also been pretty good new and old. lets just say they can take a beating.
My sister in laws 01 Kia Sportage doesn't last for **** and I thought Hyundai and Kia are collaberated now... her car has 85,000 miles on it and so far they have put over 4000 into it so it will keep running and that's with my brother doing the labor (she bought it before the warrenty came out) Korean cars do not compare to Honda's reliabitlity... even my friends with Tiburons newer then my car have issues out the ***...
Old 01-31-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
maybe my car is just a lemon then
Old 01-31-2006
Owned By Slo Rex

If it's an 01... probley... it's always bad to buy a car in it's first year... in 1998 when the Toyota Sienna came out my mom got one and it had problems like crazy... the first year is when manufacturers figure out all the bugs that need to be worked out
Old 01-31-2006
Registered!!

JB Dizzle has a little shameless behaviour in the past
yep when i get enough money i'm thinking of purchasing a 240 for my project car...
Old 01-31-2006
Registered!!

Eeeeeeh is an unknown quantity at this point
I like the current line up that they have right now. Although I think half of the cars look like *** (murano,Z, and maxima) That stupid grill they make with the dark grey insert looks cheap. My aunt has two Zs'. 86 and 92TT. Both are cherry red pearl. I like the Z and respect them for what they are (Grand Touring cars) but when it all boils down, I thought that I would much rather have a Z32 over the 350z, if I wanted a small car might as well be vert, and the incredibly tossable nature of the s2k. My favorite Nissans are s13, s14, z32, and r32
Old 01-31-2006
Registered!!

genexrocket has a spectacular aura aboutgenexrocket has a spectacular aura about
if they can make r34 gtr's, nissan's good enough for me,
Old 01-31-2006
Registered!!

simplicated1979 will become famous soon enoughsimplicated1979 will become famous soon enough
hmmmmm....5 yrs ago i was tossed up btween a camry, maxima, and mazda 626, I ended up with a honda. my point..--->>>>> mazda bad transmissions, no no, i hate the way the mazima's look, and toyota's camry's style wasn't rubbing me the right way. currently i like the look of the 05 maxima's and power so i don't think u can go wrong there. I drove one and it handled very well.
Old 01-31-2006
Premium Member

04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice
I just traded my 03 Nissan Maxima S/E with the manual and it was the biggest POS car I've ever owned.I went with it cause everyone said they are in awesome car,yada yada yada. I had an electrical glitch that never could be found,stall all the time,rotors warping,ball joints and tierods replaced 6 times.Car only had 32000 kms when traded. It had a heated steering wheel and it would burn the hands off you. I'll never buy a nissan again.
Old 01-31-2006
Registered!!

JDSteere84 is an unknown quantity at this point
one word... Ultima. I want one

The 350Z isn't too bad either. Great to drive but no rear-visibility
Old 01-31-2006
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
Old school Nissans is where its at. The newer ones are not as reliable as the early-mid 90s ones.
Old 01-31-2006
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
my dad owned 2 Nissans.... a Datsun 210 and a 1987 Vanette. Both were great vehicles that lasted the family for about 15 years for each car. 210 just died, and Vanette was sold and probably still running. I have a friend with a 89 240SX thats still running strong. However, I have a friend with a 2003 Maxima SE and that car has problems, not engine or tranny though, had to replace tie rods 2 times, and OE HU 2 times. His car only has 23K miles. I wouldnt really get new Nissans.... old ones were good.... probably up until 1999 or so when they really started having cars built outside of Japan. But the 350Z is good value for $ so....
Old 01-31-2006
Registered!!

cdmx will become famous soon enoughcdmx will become famous soon enough
I Cant Wait To Get Mine!!

1971 Datsun 240z
Old 01-31-2006
MAVS FAN 4EVER

jknudsen is a jewel in the roughjknudsen is a jewel in the roughjknudsen is a jewel in the roughjknudsen is a jewel in the rough
rice

Old 01-31-2006
Banned

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond repute
ok why the fvck are people saying ULTIMA? it's ALTIMA, get it right bitches. haha LOL
Old 01-31-2006
Registered!!

Taffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by CiViCPrAnInG2k1
ok why the fvck are people saying ULTIMA? it's ALTIMA, get it right bitches. haha LOL

Well anyway I just noticed a lot of the new Nissans are made in the US, I was considering getting a new Altima but after knowing they are cranked out in the backwoods of the US I am reconsidering. I don't want some drunk hillbilly making my car!
Old 01-31-2006
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
Well, the Altima is the most American Japanese car there is. Its strong and powerful and offers some of the reliability that other Japanese manufacturers do.

My cousin's 240SX is a blast to drive. Its amazing. I liked it and it was simple.

Nissans are about performance, but they lack in everything else. Since Renault has helped them out, they've also been focusing on style... I'd choose one over almost any other American car, but not one over a Toyota or Honda.

Quick Reply: What are your thoughts on Nissan vehicles?