General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

are you for or against?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
are you for or against?

ok so theres alot of division on some topics about cars on this site. lets see what everyone thinks.
1. are you for/ ok with or against/not ok with street racing
2. are you for or against entrapment by cops- enticing you to race and busting you for it.
3. for/against spectator fines
4. for /against racing games/simulators? SRS- PGR - NFS- MC2- stuff like that
5. for/ against laws on modding cars- lowering, neons, exhausts
be specific. try not to write a book. but please tell reasons why.

Last edited by MajinB; 01-30-2006 at 10:53 PM.
Old 01-30-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
1) no because i do it, man dad did it my whoe family did it.
2) yes its BS for cops to do that
3) no their really not doign anything just maybe loitering
4) no they pass the time
5) no, mine is modded pretty good with most of the goodies.
Old 01-30-2006
diamonds she will pretty much have to

ex2k3 is a jewel in the roughex2k3 is a jewel in the roughex2k3 is a jewel in the rough
1)I street race, but in controlled environments. We have a perfect 2 mile stretch of highway that almost never has cars maybe 1-2 every 10 minutes.
2)Totally against it, I'm actually fighting a ticket like that. He was hiding around a curve at night with his lights off and when he turned on his headlights he scared the f*ck outta me and I almost swerved off the road. I thought he was going to pull out in front of me.
3)No, just like ajhdragon said, they're only loitering, unless they're holding up traffic or lined up illegally on the side of a highway, I see no reason to give a ticket.
4)I love those games. Particularly, Gran Turismo, Forza, and the NFS games. The really good racing sims, I feel, can actually make you a better driver.
5)No, I mod and will continue to mod my car. Only things that should be illegal are strobes, and flashing blue or red lights. Basically mods that will impersonate a cop which is illegal under other codes.

Last edited by ex2k3; 01-30-2006 at 09:51 PM.
Old 01-30-2006
4 cyclinders down, 4 to go.....

acjones21 is an unknown quantity at this point
I think that you think differently when you have a wife (and/ or kids). Unless you are racing on private land, you NEVER know if cars are coming. If some idiot was racing and hit and hurt my wife I would hunt them down. If you are against tickets for street racing, then don't do it. These laws are only getting stricter because kids are getting faster cars and are still acting irresponsibly. It's gay and embarassing to race our slow *** cars anyway. 99.99% of the cars on this site would have a hard time beating a poorly driven V6 camaro. Why brag about that? If you take down anything fast, then everyone knows that a)you are lying b) he wasn't racing c)he is the worst driver ever. I enjoy modding, and i think that it is ok, but if you are unsafe then you deserve a ticket. If you have crappy neons that are gonna fall off your car in traffic or are running a hacked up car with fuel lines hitting the exhaust or nitrous oxide plumbed incorrectly that's gonna pool in the intake and blow it off, get off the road.
Old 01-30-2006
I sure wish my car was newer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by MajinB
ok so theres alot of division on some topics about cars on this site. lets see what everyone thinks.
2. are you for or against entrapment by cops- enticing you to race and busting you for it.
3. for /against racing games/simulators? SRS- PGR - NFS- MC2- stuff like that
4. for/ against laws on modding cars- lowering, neons, exhausts
1. Against. It's irresponsible and it doesn't matter how secluded your stretch of road is. Keep it at the track or you're a ********.

2. Against entrapment, but if someone revs on an undercover cop in a Camaro or something, that's their fault.

3. Against. If someone is a non-participant, they don't deserve to be punished.

4. Not necessarily for, but not against. They're video games. Just because I play Rainbow Six, it doesn't mean I'm going to go grab a sniper rifle and go shoot people. Personal responsibility.

5. Against stupid lights like neons and such, but I don't have a problem with exhausts and such as long as they're within normal sound pollution laws. I don't want some dude with a full race exhaust cruising on my street. Other than that, if it's safe and doesn't hurt other drivers, mod freely.
Old 01-30-2006

ex2k3 is a jewel in the roughex2k3 is a jewel in the roughex2k3 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by acjones21
I think that you think differently when you have a wife (and/ or kids). Unless you are racing on private land, you NEVER know if cars are coming. If some idiot was racing and hit and hurt my wife I would hunt them down. If you are against tickets for street racing, then don't do it. These laws are only getting stricter because kids are getting faster cars and are still acting irresponsibly. It's gay and embarassing to race our slow *** cars anyway. 99.99% of the cars on this site would have a hard time beating a poorly driven V6 camaro. Why brag about that? If you take down anything fast, then everyone knows that a)you are lying b) he wasn't racing c)he is the worst driver ever. I enjoy modding, and i think that it is ok, but if you are unsafe then you deserve a ticket. If you have crappy neons that are gonna fall off your car in traffic or are running a hacked up car with fuel lines hitting the exhaust or nitrous oxide plumbed incorrectly that's gonna pool in the intake and blow it off, get off the road.
I completely understand you're statement but we know when cars are coming. We have two guys at each end with radios that look out for cars and cops and the guys racing hold radios so they know when to go. We race from a 20 mph roll from the entrance. You really have to see the road, there is a concrete barrier between the east and west bound lanes so not possible to cross over into oncoming traffic, and there are almost never cars out except during rush hour, even then not that many. Besides we're not out at that time, only around 1-2am. We would go to the track but it's 45 min to an hour away and is always packed on the weekends. Plus, the cars involved in the racing are pretty much all civics or integras with one gti and one rx8 so it's not like we're trying to race cars that we know we can't beat.

Also, I agree with the half-assed mod jobs, but how can you regulate the crappy jobs from the professional jobs. A really clean, professional job is just as safe, if not safer than factory, and that's all I would deal with for my car. I guess it just depends on how your state/local government wants to regulate modding cars. If they have a legitimate reason to ban mods (i.e. pollution, noise, parts always falling on the road and the cost for road clean-up is to high) then go ahead and ban them, the dedicated will still mod regardless.

I guess I'll have to change my answer to number 1. When I think about it, technically we're street racing since it's on a public street and if there were ever an accident it would be considered street racing, however, we are totally safe and we only do it due to the lack of tracks in the area. Hopefully the new track planned will open up and be relatively cheap to run on.
Old 01-30-2006

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
ok, so who is gonna publish that one?
Old 01-30-2006

It's e-published.
Old 01-30-2006
Registered!!

nick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to behold
1) against. I dont want to be driving home and die because of some losers.
2) against. Where does it stop?
3) for. Dont get caught. you know not to be in a crank house.
4) for. I dont want some idiot crashing in to me because his car cant handle correctly. just get it ref'd
Old 01-31-2006

bump. somone help get some answers
Old 01-31-2006
Lost in the Matrix

Transformer_Guy is on a distinguished road
1. Dont do it but not against it as long as its not in traffic or on public roads
2. Against because its sneaky
3. Spectator fines are stupid but doesnt seem to be given out too often so whatever
4. Nothing wrong with those games, same theory as GT4 but just a different course
5. Against laws on modding because the police should have better things to do than wasting thier time pulling people over for nonesense
Old 01-31-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
no no no yes no. don't race, don't entrap, video games are not real life, watching is okay, modding is not bad.
Old 02-01-2006
Registered!!

reqy will become famous soon enoughreqy will become famous soon enough
1. Against. There are race tracks you can do what you want to do legally. Rules are getting more strict as years go by because of this issue, and some people are mad with all the rules/regulations set by the state when many are the reason why we have them.
2. Against/for. You shouldn't be racing anyway, but It depends on the situation.
3. Against.
4. For. A way to get your 'need for speed' although you think the real thing is alot more fun. But it's much safer and you get to 'mod your dream car.'
5. I don't mind many of the laws such as the N20, but when you have rules against modifying your exhaust is crap unless you are way over a dB limit. When you can hear a car distinctly from more than 2400 ft away at low rpms then they should be pulled over.
Old 02-01-2006
Registered!!

BtheCarp is an unknown quantity at this point
1. I'm ok with street racing as long as its in an area that no innocent bistanders can get hurt.
2. hey people can choose who they race, if you choose to race and get introuble for it its your own fault
3. against, I think you should be able to watch whatever you want
4. racing games are fun and I have played games and I'm not out every night racing my car because of it
5. hey people have been modding cars since the 30's and the cars back then were no where near as safe as the cars that are being modded today. if people want to do something to their car its their right since they own it.
Old 02-01-2006
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
1. Street and racing don't go together. Racing should be done on a track where people really go all out.
2. Against entrapment because it offers the rush and oppurtunity to get that rush.
3. Against specator fines because it is a stupid fine. Do you arrest bystanders for witnessing other crimes? Heck no.
4. For racing games because they offer that fantasy...
5. For modding because cars are representations of their owners.
Old 02-01-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by MajinB
4. for /against racing games/simulators? SRS- PGR - NFS- MC2- stuff like that
5. for/ against laws on modding cars- lowering, neons, exhausts
NOTE: I am assuming that most "street racers" either are 16-20 and/or are mentally that young (if not younger)

1. against (usually) - most of the people who 'street race' are too immature and lack the skill to handle the responsibility. Most people with the maturity and skill can control themselves and take it to a track.
2. against - this is provoking people to drive poorly. this means the police are making the streets temporarily unsafe for everyone else so they can hand out a ticket. if anything it makes racers more mad and thats more insentive to race; at least at that maturity level it is.
3. against - no reason to have them
4. for - there is no better way to learn the techniques of racing without being in a car
5. against - Allow mods unless the car is modified to be dangerous to the driver or others, is obtrusive to others [noise, lights], or cannot be economical. (pass some sort of emissions test, which should take into account turbo cars for more leniant figures)

All in all you should save racing for the track. I honestly don't care when someone races on streets and hurts/kills themselves. Thats a risk they knew about and accepted. I have a big problem with people who race and hurt other people, though! So if you want to race on the streets, try doing something equally as stupid, to get it out of your system, but something that doesnt endanger the innocient people around you!

Last edited by diskreet; 02-02-2006 at 12:03 AM.