General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Invincible Toyota

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
Invincible Toyota

I searched and didnt find this anywhere. Its pretty amazing.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...60372341641699

Sorry if its a repost.
Old 01-27-2006
Nugget Garage Since 2004

Big Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant future
haah...thats pretty good...top gear isnt messing around! I figured after the water it would be over...lol good post.
Old 01-27-2006
Formerly efil on evol on

Cptn. Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCptn. Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCptn. Slow has a spectacular aura about
I might not be a repost but is definetely old. Originally aired November 23, 2003
Old 01-27-2006
Registered!!

simplicated1979 will become famous soon enoughsimplicated1979 will become famous soon enough
umm...interesting.
Old 01-27-2006
Registered!!

gaugeof12 has a spectacular aura aboutgaugeof12 has a spectacular aura about
That was funny as hell. They beat the **** outta that truck. What a beast.

Last edited by gaugeof12; 01-27-2006 at 12:38 PM.
Old 01-27-2006
I sure wish my car was newer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light
That thing was crazy!

I believe that's the funniest Top Gear I've ever seen.
Old 01-27-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
cars back then were made to take a beating. now, when you throw a rock at a saturn, it explodes
Old 01-27-2006
Registered!!

civicrider01 is an unknown quantity at this point
haha, thats pretty cool
Old 01-27-2006
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
holy ****...that was nuts...80's toyota pickups at its best...crazy *** guys on topgear
Old 01-27-2006
Registered!!

RangerMan is a jewel in the roughRangerMan is a jewel in the roughRangerMan is a jewel in the rough
ya old..but again demonstrates two things.
1. There is a reason that Toyo's are overpriced.
2. Top Gear Rocks.
Old 01-27-2006
Formerly efil on evol on

Cptn. Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCptn. Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCptn. Slow has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by MajinB
cars back then were made to take a beating. now, when you throw a rock at a saturn, it explodes
unless you hit the door. it pops right back out. my friend has one and we kick his doors all the time
Old 01-27-2006
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by efil on evol on
unless you hit the door. it pops right back out. my friend has one and we kick his doors all the time
thats funny as hell . i can see some guys kicking the **** out of a saturn door .
Old 01-27-2006
Registered!!

JP375 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow. From other things I've seen, old Toyota pickups appear to be indestructable. There are countless stories of insane mileage on these things and they just keep going. Toyota really had it going on in the 80's.
Old 01-27-2006
Formerly efil on evol on

Originally Posted by Rennen
thats funny as hell . i can see some guys kicking the **** out of a saturn door .
oh yeah, we get so damned funny looks in parking lots... closing the door by kicking them shut I'd almost buy one just for that
Old 01-27-2006
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all
I knew a guy had close to 400K miles on his old toyota hunting truck....even after his son rolled it messing around off-road one day, he just drove it home with no windshield and told his dad what happened...he cut the top off and used it do go fishing...and that was like 10 years ago... i think he still has that old truck...
Old 01-27-2006
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
when i was groing up my step father had an 81 toyo 4wd 4cyl. it was funny because he has 2 brothers. well all of them had a bet going that they could get the best truck. well all 3 of them came home with toyos and kept them for well over 10yrs. my step dad sold his with 286k miles in 1996 to a friend for more than bluebook and the guy that bought it still owns it and it has well over 350k last time i heard. same motor. the 2.4l 22r and 22re motors are very strong. that is the same motor that ivan stewart won the baja1000 with for years. mikuni make a carb set up for that motor that bolt directly to the head. so there is no intake manifold. its supposed to make that motor come alive. i have a friend with a early 90's toyo 2wd that has bee rolled head over end 8 times. the only original parts on the truck are the bed right door and the motor and tranny. the whole cab from end everything else ahd to be replaced because of the rool over. but with well over 160k on the motor that isnt too bad. now its built to mobb off road with lengthened control arms and coil over resivoired shocks full cage. you know desert runner built
Old 01-27-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

tinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nice
That top gear rocked! I feel that way over my 85 Nissan truck. I have 2 now.
Both run like clocks. Just amazing. One is a 4X4, the other a 2X4. I'll never sell them. They are every bit as tough as the toyotas.

I hardly drive the civic anymore. Fragile POS.
Old 01-27-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

drunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of light
i saw it when it camer on tv a few months back... i miss that show!
Old 01-27-2006
up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-b-a-start

R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light
wow... Toyota should make a commercial out of that!
Old 01-28-2006
Registered!!

thegent is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by tinman
That top gear rocked! I feel that way over my 85 Nissan truck. I have 2 now.
Both run like clocks. Just amazing. One is a 4X4, the other a 2X4. I'll never sell them. They are every bit as tough as the toyotas.

I hardly drive the civic anymore. Fragile POS.
You represent the auto industry's hardest market to crack.

On the other hand, I have seen a couple of french try to kill a civic by replacing the engine oil with water. It took them multiple tries and many hours of boucing off the rev-limiter to finally kill the car. '96 hatch.
Old 01-28-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by thegent
You represent the auto industry's hardest market to crack.

On the other hand, I have seen a couple of french try to kill a civic by replacing the engine oil with water. It took them multiple tries and many hours of boucing off the rev-limiter to finally kill the car. '96 hatch.
i wanna see that! post it if its a vid
Old 01-29-2006
Registered!!

thegent is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by MajinB
i wanna see that! post it if its a vid

Here you go...
http://nilson.f2o.org/civicdavdodu2.wmv
Old 01-29-2006
Registered!!

Black03civic has a spectacular aura aboutBlack03civic has a spectacular aura aboutBlack03civic has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by tuningmycivic
I knew a guy had close to 400K miles on his old toyota hunting truck....even after his son rolled it messing around off-road one day, he just drove it home with no windshield and told his dad what happened...he cut the top off and used it do go fishing...and that was like 10 years ago... i think he still has that old truck...
lol, my dad has had two of those toyo pick ups, both had over 350,000 and the one he has now is a 94 with 312,000 on it. We love toyota's in my family
Old 01-29-2006
my vtec brings all the girls to the yard

mrDFWmechanic will become famous soon enough
damn the little mazda truck that could
Old 01-29-2006
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute
i think i want an old yota truck now thats impressive
Old 01-29-2006
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
I need to get one of these old school pickups
Old 01-29-2006

cubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of light
Awesome video, what a truck!!
It's about time Honda came up with a truck..now they need a pick up like that one..
Old 01-29-2006
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold
I want to see what would have happened if they put the truck on the first or second floor of the building when they blew it up.
Old 01-29-2006
Formerly efil on evol on

Originally Posted by armieo
I want to see what would have happened if they put the truck on the first or second floor of the building when they blew it up.
that or done it without the straps
Old 01-29-2006

cubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of light
^^ Come on now..you guys are asking too much already..it's enough with what it went through before..
Might as well put the foking explosive on teh truck itself no?

Last edited by cubanmike26; 01-29-2006 at 08:15 PM.

Quick Reply: Invincible Toyota