General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Toyota to join NASCAR

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Taffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant future
Post Toyota to join NASCAR

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/motor...a-nextel_x.htm

As if all the the Domestic Fanboys aren't already pissed about Japanese automakers....Now this...lol.

Old 01-24-2006
Registered!!

nick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to behold
I am a huge nascar fan and I can't wait. Imagine the Camry TRD Joe Bob Package.
Old 01-24-2006
Formerly efil on evol on

Cptn. Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCptn. Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCptn. Slow has a spectacular aura about
I swear, if Honda follows suit...
Old 01-24-2006
Registered!!

jfan is an unknown quantity at this point
They have been using the Celica for some time now...
Old 01-24-2006
Registered!!

nick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to behold
who has been using the celica?
Old 01-24-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by efil on evol on
I swear, if Honda follows suit...
Yeah!!!because if honda taps in to the nascar demographics and is able to get known driver to switch over all those red necks will start buying hondas and acuras. This could only lead to honda and toyota having more money to squeeze more awesome cars out. The last thing this world needs is an accord with a V-8.

You will be surprised how many domestic fan boys will buy whatever car/maker their driver races.

Attendance at NASCAR events increases an average of 10% annually.

Over 56 million adults in the U.S. have an interest in Motorsports.

On the average, a NASCAR fan will watch 18 races on television.

The average income of the NASCAR fan is $43,280 annually.

91% of NASCAR fans are high school graduates and 41% have at least some college education, or are college graduates.

74% of NASCAR fans own their own homes.

74% of NASCAR fans own two or more automobiles.

80% of NASCAR fans carry a major credit card.

41% Female

MARRIED/SINGLE
60.6% of all NASCAR fans are married.

ETHNIC
24.5% of NASCAR fans are African American

Because that field of travelling 50k-500k motorhomes is all paid for by ignorant inbread wellfare grubbing hicks!
Old 01-24-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Good! american cars infected european racing. this is payback!

And the clueless award goes to:
Originally Posted by jfan
They have been using the Celica for some time now...
congrats man!

I should say I go to races and enjoy almost any racing. but nascar is too much of a redneck sport and needs some grounding. this would be a great advance for the sport. just like all other racing series, they will have to live with people from other countries coming in and trying to compete.
And competition only results in one thing: a better sport. I did gymnastics and I know that the only reason that sport, or any sport, gets more advanced is because of competition. competition pushes the boundaries alot. Its the best thing for nascar right now.

maybe they will add more tracks that dont suck (ie stop doing stupid oval super speedways so much). Only reason I like pocono is that they hit almost 200 and there are alot of crashes

Last edited by diskreet; 01-24-2006 at 08:42 PM.
Old 01-24-2006

diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
i would love it if they ran it like their truck team too. haha they would pass people on cars lined in $100 bills just to **** off the 'good ol boys' HAHA!
Old 01-24-2006
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
toyota joined NASCAR a few years ago with the tundra in the whole truck racing thing. i dont really care about NASCAR, but toyota might dominate.
Old 01-24-2006

best part is when toyota dominates nascar nextel cup and american car manufacturers recieve the final blow
Old 01-24-2006
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
74% of NASCAR fans own their own homes.

74% of NASCAR fans own two or more automobiles.
Trailers count as homes and automobiles right? Hehehe...

I live in MD. Sure there are a lot of people that are into Nascar, but in the more urban areas... we know Nascar is about driving around in circles untill the cows come home.

I'm glad Toyota stepped into it. I would like to see Nissan with their larger engines whoop their butts though. Just like the true roots of Nascar some 30 years ago when the cars they raced actually resembled street cars and where available in the ways they were raced.
Old 01-24-2006
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
That camary's gonna be rear wheel drive right?
Old 01-24-2006
Registered!!

HonCivX02 is an unknown quantity at this point
too bad its a camry
Old 01-24-2006
The one and only....

Echelon04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Of course it's rear wheel drive.... Here is a pic in-case any of you have not seen it.
Old 01-24-2006
Registered!!

BtheCarp is an unknown quantity at this point
from what I have read, as of now toyota will only have two cars in their first season. both factory sponsored teams.

the major concern from teams right now is that since toyota is sponsering their own cars it can afford a much larger budget for their car then the other teams can afford. therefore toyota can possibly be dominant fairly quickly in nascar.
Old 01-24-2006
The one and only....

Echelon04 is an unknown quantity at this point
It's not quite that easy....There is so much testing that goes into those cars. I'm sure Toyota will hire some "experienced in the NASCAR field" engineers to help them out. I mean, 1-2 extra horsepower can make a huge difference, and they do constant testing on those engines, and wind-tunnel tests to pick up a fraction of a second on the track. I think they will be good, but it will take them a year or two. It will be interesting to see how they run for sure... Like last year, folks were bitchin about the new Dodges not being as aero as the previous year. Oh BTW, Nissan will be in the Truck Series within the next couple years as well.

Last edited by Echelon04; 01-24-2006 at 09:59 PM.
Old 01-24-2006
Registered!!

real fans of nascar know that no company will dominate above and beyond. If Toyota came out and won the first 5 races NASCAR would do a mid-season rules change to free up the aero-packages on the other cars. Dont scream about how this sucks and whitey will hold down the japs. Nascar does the same thing to one of the 3 companies about once every 3 years when a car is just that good. Nascar would run 225 easy if not for restrictor plates and rules that force their hand on aero-packages.

Quick Reply: Toyota to join NASCAR