General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

2006 Civic. What's your guys' thought's?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura about
i felt that ergonomics and visibility has been slightly declined with the 06 si/coupe. performance is not bad for a car in that price range. the car is not as solid as i want it, doors still feel hollow and the windows shake if they are rolled down and you shut the door. i dont mind getting the si tho, the ex is not worth is cuz youre paying $19k for one and you could play less than $1k and get a SI.
Old 01-19-2006
JTF
Registered!!

JTF is an unknown quantity at this point
I own a 06 DX-G model. Get 600 km per tank combined city/hwy driving doing the speed limits. The only issue that I don't like is a reflection of the dash in the windshield which can be distracting at times.
Old 01-19-2006
Registered!!

StealthCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
I go with the 7th gen civic over the new ones , definately cooler and sportier, keeping my cool 7th gen civic, the 8th civic's look like they are a girls car or some luxury car, not a true civic! I love the speed of the si, but I can't afford it and that settles that..........
Old 01-20-2006
aki
Registered!!

aki is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by mrchowmein
i felt that ergonomics and visibility has been slightly declined with the 06 si/coupe. performance is not bad for a car in that price range. the car is not as solid as i want it, doors still feel hollow and the windows shake if they are rolled down and you shut the door. i dont mind getting the si tho, the ex is not worth is cuz youre paying $19k for one and you could play less than $1k and get a SI.
Having traded my 02 LX for the 06 Si, I can tell you the fit and ergonomics have definitely improved. The door shuts with much more oomph, almost like a luxury car. Not sure which car you're talking about here. Performance not bad? In lateral acceleration it does 0.90g which is better than a 350z. My 7thgen is crude in comparison to this car--though I do miss the front end of my old car a bit =)
Old 01-20-2006
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

yuogotown3d is an unknown quantity at this point
The coupes are nice, especially the Si buttt still a little weird. The Dashboard is really weird. The couple ive gased up at work seem to run smooth i guess. The Si is nice. At work they put some HFP wheels on it that matched it and it looked pretty good. I still like the 6th gen and 7th gen looks though.
Old 01-21-2006
Registered!!

EuroSpec328is is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by StealthCivic
I go with the 7th gen civic over the new ones , definately cooler and sportier, keeping my cool 7th gen civic, the 8th civic's look like they are a girls car or some luxury car, not a true civic! I love the speed of the si, but I can't afford it and that settles that..........
No offense, but wouldn't you rather have a Civic that looks like a luxury car over a Civic that looks like an econobox?
Old 01-21-2006
In love with Diana...te amo

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
What kills the new civic is the front end, IF it was like the ones in Japan, Hell yeah .As I said before in this thread, the 8thgen doesnt look like a civic, its more in the Accord level. Also, they look very tight with the AERO package, but my advice to anyone buying it, wait for other lip kits or body kits cause everyone is buying them with the AERO package and everybody will have the exact same style.
Old 01-21-2006
Registered!!

mb28 is an unknown quantity at this point
I would rather buy an 06 Accord EX that would be a good upgrade. I would go with 4cyl engine because of huge differences in price and the 166 hp is plenty for merging and single lane passing.
Old 01-21-2006
Registered!!

Tbag is an unknown quantity at this point
As an owner of a 01 coupe and my wife's 05 sedan...I think the 06 looks to much like the domestic car i.e. Saturn. I'm sure it drives well as do all Honda products, but you gotta look good too. I agree with mb28...I'd rather buy an Accord coupe v6 5 speed.
Old 02-09-2006
Registered!!

sil04ver is an unknown quantity at this point
I have an 04 VP and a 06 EX, and comparing the two, I like the 06 better. The 04 is a little closer to what most think of as a civic....kind of stripped down, not much to it, but if you put the money into it, it can be a beast or a slick lil ride. The 06 is a smoother ride, feels bigger, is definately quicker, and does seem more luxurious than 6th and 7th gen. I like it. I probably wont do anything for performance at all to the 06, but its a sedan so some 18s will look great.
Old 02-09-2006
Registered!!

JB Dizzle has a little shameless behaviour in the past
i'd say the 8th gens have a better looking and more roomier interior (except for the ugly *** steering wheel) but that's about it...gas consumption is about the same if u ask me... 8thgen si looks cool though.
Old 02-10-2006
Registered!!

sil04ver is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by JB Dizzle
i'd say the 8th gens have a better looking and more roomier interior (except for the ugly *** steering wheel).
The steering wheel is kinda funky.
Old 02-10-2006
Registered!!

genexrocket has a spectacular aura aboutgenexrocket has a spectacular aura about
they're alright, a little bean-looking
Old 02-10-2006
Banned

spoonJDMlX is an unknown quantity at this point
fugly
Old 02-10-2006
2001 Rallye Red EX

digitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of light
After sitting in a coupe recently, it didn't seem roomy. I felt the "cockpit" was pretty stuffy. Felt very closed in compared to the 7th gen which has a more open feel to it.

I don't know what to say about the SI sedan... I think the 8th gen sedans are way worse than the 7th gen sedans. At least with the coupe I can say I kind of like it.
Old 02-12-2006
Registered!!

StealthCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
econobox

Originally Posted by EuroSpec328is
No offense, but wouldn't you rather have a Civic that looks like a luxury car over a Civic that looks like an econobox?
Yo bro...I would take the civic that looks like an econobox as you say...the 7th gen is cooler and sportier (the coupe rules!) the 8th gen is like a girls car man..like an accord, like has been said, too luxurious for me!
Old 02-12-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
ha me too. the 8thgen is nice and all, but once i sat in it i said thats the last time for it.