General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Our Civic For Autocross?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
123CiViC is an unknown quantity at this point
Our Civic For Autocross?!?!

Juz curious if any of you guys thinking bout autocrossing ur civic this summer? i have a couple of my friends thinking bout autocrossing this summer, so i'm thinkin bout doin it too. Juz wanna see how good a auto Civic can do at a autox. if ne people from the bay area thinkin bout doin that too, lets try ne meet up and have a big group.
Old 02-14-2002
Registered!!

CivicMonkey is an unknown quantity at this point
theres already a thread on that , u can read that, theres a lot of good advice
Old 02-14-2002
Registered!!

nbpEMCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Don't expect anything though...an auto Civic? autocrossing? Not gonna be pretty. Crap weight distributon + no torque + auto...
but hell try it, its fun as hell and will get you some good experiance. I wanted to try it sometime. Try to do as much suspension mods as possible though, and some better tires.
Old 02-14-2002
Registered!!

antidote11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Actually, I plan on getting my Civic Autocross ready. Whether Auto or manual....autocrossing is fun and competitive.
An Auto can get you just as far as a Manual. You definitely want to lower your car, get some high-quality adjustable struts
and even some polyurethane bushings. Some sway and strut bars, and you want to run your car with more oversteer.
You can do this by getting the adjustable struts and setting the front to full soft and the rear to full firm. This will take some
practice and getting used to, but when you have it, it's fun as hell !! You want some good tires that can take a beating as well.
Other than that, have fun !!

See you on the track fuggers....[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-14-2002
Registered!!

Brandon is an unknown quantity at this point
I was auto-crossing my 2K1 for about 2/3 of last season. By the end I did pretty well. I could take out some early 90's Mustangs, but I think that's because their suspensions suck and the drivers were new to auto-cross. I won our Pan-Am Region HS class and got revenge on everyone who beat me when I had first started - except for one guy because he stopped coming. I was able to do that with a STOCK suspension and Firestones. All I have is an AEM CAI. The VERY best thing you can do for auto-crossing is buy a book called 'Secrets Of Solo Racing' by Henry A. Watts. After I actually read the book, I was able to drop a lot of time off my score. If you want any tips on tire pressure or other auto-cross stuff just ask me sometime. I'm more than happy to help as much as I can. I've learned lots of little tricks. Oh yeah, one last thing - I didn't mean for any of that to come across as conceited, so please don't take it that way.