General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Why? Why? Why?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005
Blacked Out Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rockrosa is an unknown quantity at this point
Why? Why? Why?

My gf just traded her '04 LX for a '06 Toyota Matrix 4WD. I asked her why she did it, she replied that she felt safer in a 4WD that was not an SUV. Why doesn't Honda create a 4WD or AWD Vic?
Old 12-31-2005
In love with Diana...te amo

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
Cause there are Hummers and Sti's
Old 12-31-2005
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
b/c awd/4wd are usually not fuel economical
Old 12-31-2005
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
They do make them... thing is they're made for the Phillipines and some other Oriental markets.
Old 12-31-2005
Registered!!

swifty2k is an unknown quantity at this point
It would be cool for sure.... the matrix is a pretty good car, altho the awd one is REALLY slow
Old 12-31-2005
In love with Diana...te amo

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
I've heard Matrix XRS's with only CAI and that thing sounds like a beast!!
Old 12-31-2005
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
honda makes turbo deisels and 4wd cars but they are not offered in the us. mostly in japan. puerto rico also.
Old 12-31-2005
Prince of Persia

Yoshiemaster will become famous soon enough
fuel economy > HP to me right now. i'd go with a civic anyday unless gas prices go back down to 88cents

Last edited by Yoshiemaster; 12-31-2005 at 11:49 PM.
Old 01-01-2006
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
Originally Posted by boricua_civic
I've heard Matrix XRS's with only CAI and that thing sounds like a beast!!
yes, when that 2ZZ is at full song, it's sounds awesome! Too bad the tranny that goes with the XRS is not agressively geared.
Old 01-01-2006
Registered!!

HonCivX02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by MajinB
honda makes turbo deisels and 4wd cars but they are not offered in the us. mostly in japan. puerto rico also.
Yup, correct
Old 01-01-2006
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
wow...your gf knows a lot about automotive and safety.

take any car that is legal and it will be "safe". its the driver that makes it "unsafe" and hazardous to everyone else, particularly yourself.

but noneless, the 06 matrix is still an upgrade from an 04 lx civic
Old 01-01-2006
Blacked Out Crew

rockrosa is an unknown quantity at this point
Just drove it today, sounds like a beast, sluggish speed and slow response when pressing down on the gas. Although the interior offers alot more than my '05 Vic. Her car has airbags everwhere!!!! But I still get 12mpg more than her!!!soo.......ha! um......Toyota sucks!
Old 01-01-2006
Back From The Banned!

uhh, Toyota does NOT suck! A Corolla will easily equal or better the gas milleage of a Civic.
Old 01-01-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
yea ban him for hatin toyota lol
Old 01-01-2006
I sure wish my car was newer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by rockrosa
Just drove it today, sounds like a beast, sluggish speed and slow response when pressing down on the gas. Although the interior offers alot more than my '05 Vic. Her car has airbags everwhere!!!! But I still get 12mpg more than her!!!soo.......ha! um......Toyota sucks!

Honda is bringing THAT to the United States and Toyota sucks??? The Fit looks like it has Down's Syndrome.

There's a reason I didn't go with another economy car when I got rid of my Civic - economy cars nowadays look like ******* spaceships. I don't want to drive a spaceship. I want to drive a car. I got tired of my Civic, but it's the ONLY car in its class I would even consider buying.

Down with the crappy new Japanese designs!
Old 01-04-2006
Registered!!

BtheCarp is an unknown quantity at this point
awd is overrated, since most people live in areas that don't need it. fwd will handle just fine in inclement weather unless you live in the mountains or on back country roads. besides I see way too many people driving like retards or already crashed when it is snowing out because they think that the awd is so great and don't think they need to change how they drive.

honda probably figures that if people want an awd car, the element is relatively inexpensive when equiped with awd. true it is ugly as sin, but its not really an SUV since is is techniqly classified as a "sport wagon".

matrix is a nice car, though I think it looks better as the vibe.