General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

New EVOs

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vicride345 is an unknown quantity at this point
New EVOs

I looking into trading in the honda or just paying it off to use for the winter and buying and EVO MR in 4-5 months. Who has an EVO even if it's not an MR. I just want to know the pros and cons if any. Let me know what you think. Thanx

Cody
Old 12-28-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
if you're gonna drive it hard, expect it to fall apart quickly
Old 12-28-2005
Registered!!

eggfooyoung is an unknown quantity at this point
Excellent car. The only downfall I read about was that it had a weak clutch.
Old 12-28-2005
Registered!!

c kim is an unknown quantity at this point
well, i don't have an evo but i think you need to test drive one. words can't explain what it feels like to drive that car. speed, handling, steering response, stopping power, driver feedback, looks, fun to drive factor. that cars got it all. and the power it can make with just bolt-ons and tuning is unbelievable. awd owns off the line!

as for some problems many evo owners run into is:
weak clutch(probably the biggest downfall of the car), clear coat peels on brembos, clear coat fades on cf part of wing. expensive to maintain, small gas tank, expensive tires.

i'm sure you can avoid the clutch problem for a while if you absolutely baby the car which you won't want to. as for launching the car, you can blow the drivetrain, dropping the clutch while launching. slip the clutch will save the trans but will burn the clutch out. (so go with the slipping method cause it's cheaper to replace a clutch) theres prob. some more i can say about this car but i can't think of them at the moment. reconside getting the mr, most evo owners are perfectly happy with the 5 speed gsr and prob. prefer it.
Old 12-28-2005
Registered!!

hk2ronin is an unknown quantity at this point
the new mr beats the subi sti in evrything but the front to back weight distrubution. Better 60 times, better 1/4 mile times. My buddys got an 03 evo and luvs it but his clutch is fuct and when we went to the track 2 years ago he messed up his differential or something while he was racing. But besides that he luvs it. For alot less money you could go k20turbo swaP(hasport did an 01 ex with k20a2turbo netting 308 hp to wheels which would end up beating the evo or and sti in the 1/4 if you could solve the traction problem-maybe an lsd. Cybernation motorsports did a stage one turbo on an type s and netted 275 to wheels which again would beat stock evos and stis. That was only on 8psi to imagine what you could do with more boost. And the look of the drivers of the evos and sti getting beat by a 7thgen would be priceless.
Old 12-28-2005
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
DC5@EM2's car at 28psi would get close to if not a little more than 500whp...he had a K20A jdm type r engine with a cybernation stage 3 kit...

here is an artle on his car

http://www.hondawerx.com/modifiedk20.htm
Old 12-29-2005
Registered!!

Yeah I love the look of the Evo's they are beautiful. They are also expensive no matter what I do whether it be keep the civic or sell/trade it and buy something cheaper for a beater. I plan on having the Evo be my fun/play car that only gets driven in the spring and summer (maybe the occasional winter days to see how the awd is in the winter) I would rather have an evo over my civic any day even with a K20 turbo swap because what happens when a slightly modded Evo or sti comes up to me a spanks me with just slight mods even after I put all that work into it.
Even though I am a civic owner a civic will NEVER compare to an Evo or sti. Evo are nicer in almost ever aspect besides the whole mpg thing. Also to the guy that said I should test drive one, I wish I could, there is only one mitsubishi dealership in my area and they have one evo mr that is inside on the showroom floor. The guy I talked about it told me that he wasn't for sure that the mitsubishi warrenty was the same for the evo. But if so it has 10 year 100,000 mile warrenty on engine, drivetrain pretty much all the mechanical aspects of the car AND also a bumper to bumper warrenty (don't remember the year or miles on that one).
I have seen a few evo mr's on the internet for around $33,000 for an 05 or 06 with only at most 50 miles on it. To have a good AWD system and 280-290 hp along with brembo brakes, recaro seats, nice rims, factory dealership $2000 wing by itself, bad *** looking car that will tear some people new *******s, have a 6 speed tranny, and the fun meter peeking at the top. I think that is good investment
Old 12-29-2005
Ill punch you in the face before you visit Myspace

SinaloaCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
we had an EVO we LOVED it, but the clutch was weak, and yes it was an EVO 8 MR 2005......heh the thing was stolen and we got it back and traded it in for a new 2006 impala SS, W/E it wasnt my car to begin with, lol it was my moms
Old 12-29-2005
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice
ur mom had a evo....
Old 12-29-2005
Ill punch you in the face before you visit Myspace

SinaloaCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
stepmom** lol yea i got pics....of it before it was stolen lol

oh well, our new impalas just as fast, but i really dont care i was never able to drive the EVO
Old 12-29-2005
Registered!!

CivicSF should not be trustedCivicSF should not be trusted
new body style EVO MR coming out with a tentantive 320 hp late next year

500 horsepower civic (on the ceiling side of the civic) will get spanked ALL day long by a 400 horsepower EVO MR on the track (with only bolt on modifications, never mind engine or induction swaps). when you can throttle around the backside of corners at WOT without worrying about understeer or oversteer, and put that 400 horsepower to 4 wheels instead of 2, it puts 2-wheel drive cars to shame. 500 hp ain't doin much when its spinning tires.

new EVO MR is my next car. i'm gettin on the waiting list as soon as i they start taking deposits for the new body style, it'll be a while but worth it
Old 12-29-2005
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
My friend had a swapped 7th gen 02 civic with a k20a2 and now has a 06 EVO MR. I rode in both so i can give you some impressions.

The swapped 7th gen was decently quick off the line, but pulls like crazy at 60mph +. I remember we were going like 80-90mph on the freeway and it was still pulling like crazy...i actually got scared.

The evo is nice. It pulls like a mother off the line. I remember when my friend pushed it in 1st and the pull slammed my head against the seat. I was like holy crap.

The evo has nice low end power and can be fast with simple mods. My friend spend a few hundred on a ecu flash and tune and now has 300hp to the wheels. The thing is, the mitsubishi paint sucks. Its only been a few month and his paint is already fading. The interior sucks for its class, about comparable to the civic. I actually like the gauges in my 04 a little better. Tires are expensive as hell too. My friend paid like $500 a tire. The turning radius on the evo is horrible. The civic is better at that, but the high speed handling is nice. Being able to take a 70 degree turn going 80-100mph is sweet.

Basically depends on what you want. If you more high end power i think a swap with turbo or a Type s would be a better choice. If you want more low end to mid range power or just want some thing fast stock and don't want to mess with your car that much i say go with the evo.
Old 12-29-2005
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by CivicSF
new body style EVO MR coming out with a tentantive 320 hp late next year

500 horsepower civic (on the ceiling side of the civic) will get spanked ALL day long by a 400 horsepower EVO MR on the track (with only bolt on modifications, never mind engine or induction swaps). when you can throttle around the backside of corners at WOT without worrying about understeer or oversteer, and put that 400 horsepower to 4 wheels instead of 2, it puts 2-wheel drive cars to shame. 500 hp ain't doin much when its spinning tires.

new EVO MR is my next car. i'm gettin on the waiting list as soon as i they start taking deposits for the new body style, it'll be a while but worth it

Are you talking abou the evo 10? That isn't suppose to come out till 2007. I'm looking forward to that car too. It's mentioned there suppose to have 320-400hp.
Old 12-29-2005
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
my boy has a 2005 EVO with the leather package, HIDs, and sunroof...

hes had for a lil over a year now...car drives awsome...he drove it stock for 3 months then modded it..

HKS 272 race cams, HKS intake, Nismo Intercooler, 3inch turbo back exhuast, tubelur mani, list goes on, hes running 28lbs of boost...car runs awsome..never had one problem with it at all...even after the mods were installed..

he races alot of cars, Z06's spread stangs crap like that and he pretty much owns all...

id buy one if i had the money in a heart beat..
Old 12-29-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by exturbo6

hes had for a lil over a year now...car drives awsome...he drove it stock for 3 months then modded it..

HKS 272 race cams, HKS intake, Nismo Intercooler, 3inch turbo back exhuast, tubelur mani, list goes on, hes running 28lbs of boost...car runs awsome..never had one problem with it at all...even after the mods were installed..

he races alot of cars, Z06's spread stangs crap like that and he pretty much owns all...

Hell yeah, thats what Im talking about right there. No way you could get I civic to that range of beating a Z06.
Old 12-29-2005
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by vicride345
Hell yeah, thats what Im talking about right there. No way you could get I civic to that range of beating a Z06.

well im sure you could, but......it would cost a bunch of money, and a waste of money....if rather get a car with a nice platform and then go from there...EVO is a good *** start and with basic bolt ons the car performs awsome...not for nothing even a stock EVO is awsome!
Old 12-29-2005
The Wierdest and Funniest Mofo 7th Gen Has Ever Seen As Voted

_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TemjinX2
My friend had a swapped 7th gen 02 civic with a k20a2 and now has a 06 EVO MR. I rode in both so i can give you some impressions.

The swapped 7th gen was decently quick off the line, but pulls like crazy at 60mph +. I remember we were going like 80-90mph on the freeway and it was still pulling like crazy...i actually got scared.

The evo is nice. It pulls like a mother off the line. I remember when my friend pushed it in 1st and the pull slammed my head against the seat. I was like holy crap.

The evo has nice low end power and can be fast with simple mods. My friend spend a few hundred on a ecu flash and tune and now has 300hp to the wheels. The thing is, the mitsubishi paint sucks. Its only been a few month and his paint is already fading. The interior sucks for its class, about comparable to the civic. I actually like the gauges in my 04 a little better. Tires are expensive as hell too. My friend paid like $500 a tire. The turning radius on the evo is horrible. The civic is better at that, but the high speed handling is nice. Being able to take a 70 degree turn going 80-100mph is sweet.

Basically depends on what you want. If you more high end power i think a swap with turbo or a Type s would be a better choice. If you want more low end to mid range power or just want some thing fast stock and don't want to mess with your car that much i say go with the evo.
Now this **** knows what he is talking about
Nice comparison
Old 12-29-2005
In love with Diana...te amo

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
I have two friends, one has an 05 Sti in black and the other has an 04 EVO MR. Ohh I love both of them and I've rode them too, and I like better the EVO; I like the looks of it a lot better, yummy cars
Old 12-29-2005
The Wierdest and Funniest Mofo 7th Gen Has Ever Seen As Voted

_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of
You have a nice red ride there BO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-29-2005
Registered!!

hk2ronin is an unknown quantity at this point
its all about how much money u want to spend, there are 7th gens in the 10's and maybe even faster. If you got the money you can make any car faster than another it doesn't matter what make and model it is. Awd is nice, Ive wanted an evo to but can't afford it. Ive been into evos when the first gen came out and you only saw them in rallys and magazines, but I love my vic to. So I'll just do my swap maybe a turbo and n20 later and take it from there. You should check out evolutionimports.com they have new jdm evo 7 and 8 for about the price of a new usdm evo. They also have some nice used evos(evo 5 and some others that are decently priced). **** they also got some used skylines for the price of a new evo. I think If I ever get rid of the vic thats where Ill buy my next car, check the site trust me you won't be dissapointed. And the cars are street legal except the new sti.
Old 12-29-2005
Registered!!

LayinLo is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by exturbo6

Nismo?
Old 12-29-2005
TAQUITOS!!!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

gh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the rough
my friend has an evo8 modded to all glory. that thing is a beast. he let me do a fun-run with it at an auto-x event and man. that thing's ridiculous. his only complaint is that his stock clutch can't handle all the power.
Old 12-29-2005
Registered!!

LayinLo is an unknown quantity at this point
You should always upgrade your clutch and brakes if you gonna do some moderate to serious mods to your car.
Old 12-29-2005
Registered!!

spudracer326 is an unknown quantity at this point
just watch this and youll want one!!!!!!!!!
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...q=evo+vs+lambo

BTW my father has an evo and it is incredible. you wont be disapointed. it does have a 10/100,000mile warrenty. the power is great and itll pull on just about anything on the road. easly beats stock c5 vettes and can hang with z06, and new vettes. driving one is like nothing else.
Old 12-29-2005
Registered!!

Ichiban is an unknown quantity at this point
Lots of people say that the clutch is the weak point. They made it like that on purpose. It's a lot cheaper to replace a burnt clutch than it would be to replace, say a tranny, or a diff.
Old 12-30-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by LayinLo
Nismo?
well the spelling is a lil off...i know he ordered it from Japan..
Old 12-30-2005
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all
^^^LOL....Nismo on a DSM....he'll be burned at the stake on the DSM boards...
Old 12-30-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by tuningmycivic
^^^LOL....Nismo on a DSM....he'll be burned at the stake on the DSM boards...
lol, my bad, i know it started with a N...its a real nice IC.
Old 12-30-2005
Registered!!

HorrorSkopes is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation

Originally Posted by spudracer326
itll pull on just about anything on the road. easly beats stock c5 vettes and can hang with z06, and new vettes. driving one is like nothing else.
No, no and no.

The evo is great, ill give it that... but in stock form it can not beat or hang with any of those vettes.
Old 12-31-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by HorrorSkopes
No, no and no.

The evo is great, ill give it that... but in stock form it can not beat or hang with any of those vettes.
you think?

Who cares....a modded EVO will...and thats light modded..my boy beats every Vette that he races...id rather have AWD any day.

Quick Reply: New EVOs