General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Acura Rsx-type S Vs. new Honda civic si ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
StealthCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Acura Rsx-type S Vs. new Honda civic si ?

In the future, I am going to buy either the Rsx-type s or the new 06 Civic Si...They both have great things about them, very similar engines, I have narrowed it down to one of these two...what do ya'll think? Thanks.
Old 12-17-2005
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
personally i would go with the rsx type s...although it doesnt have a navi option
Old 12-17-2005
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
I have been told that the Si seems underated. Anyway, the new Si seems hot! The RSX-S def. has that better look and more conventional interior, but the Si has the more "functional but weird" interior.
Old 12-17-2005
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light
RSX you'll be able to mod it more later on. Vs the dinky ask engine bay you get with the Si.
Old 12-17-2005
Registered!!

Coloraduh_Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Yea id go with the type S, its just such a nice *** car
Old 12-17-2005
Registered!!

hk2ronin is an unknown quantity at this point
go with the si( its faster in the 1\4 mile). Plus its new, the rsx is on its way out-they are gonna stop making them so they can make the rsx type something or other thats 300 plus hp in 2007 or 2008 for $40,000 plus i think. Also the si has a factory lsd. I was thinking about getting the new si to but Im gonna go with a k20a2 or k24a2 swap in spring. I think Iv grown to attached to my car and I keeep putting money into it that I would never get back trading in.
Old 12-17-2005
Registered!!

JP375 is an unknown quantity at this point
I would go with the Si. Not sure what an Type S goes for, but I would think the civic will probably end of being a better value.
Old 12-17-2005
Registered!!

AlienX will become famous soon enough
go with the si, out with the old, in with the new !! there will be a big market for it also.
Old 12-17-2005
Registered!!

Pedro Lopes is an unknown quantity at this point
If you plan on doing force induction in the future get the RSX because the SI's engine bay is tight.
Old 12-17-2005
In love with Diana...te amo

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
type-s, i'll paint it yellow ohh sweet and with the type-r body kit. hotness.
Old 12-17-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
type-s no question.
Old 12-17-2005
Registered!!

kasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura about
with the price of the Si, you might as well go for the rsx. A civic is a civic, at the end of the day, its the most sold car in the world and there are a lot of 'em on the streets. I personally wouldn't want something that a lotta people have but thats my preference. Plus the redesigned rsx's are NICE!
Old 12-17-2005
Registered!!

thegent is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by kasimmmmm
[...]A civic is a civic, at the end of the day, its the most sold car in the world and there are a lot of 'em on the streets. I personally wouldn't want something that a lotta people have but thats my preference. [...]
But you DO drive a civic too, right?
Old 12-17-2005
Registered!!

Eeeeeeh is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd get the Type S. The new coupes just don't look right to me. I heard that their will be a 4 door version of the Si soon so I'd hold out for that. The coupe just seems to look too ahead of its time, almost the same design as the new eclipse.
Old 12-17-2005
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
I don't care if the Civic is faster than the RSX or stuff like that man... Just look at them and compare them... sleek sexyness is what you get our of an RSX... new Civic's... well, let's face it, fugly!
Old 12-17-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
don't forget the bolton supercharger for the rsx if you're feeling crazy
Old 12-17-2005
Registered!!

dre2600 is an unknown quantity at this point
Get the Si, has a nav option, an LSD and costs less.

The only thing the Type-S has going for it is a body style thats been around for a few years, so people like it (people never like new body styles most of the time...), a higher price tag, a few HP and IMHO, nicer seats
Old 12-18-2005
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
it has almost identical engines. but the SI is cheaper even with the navi option. it depends if you want leather seats and all that other "luxury" stuff from the type S. take the SI. its better than the type S.
Old 12-18-2005
For the love of House Music... Defected.com

05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough
Definately the DC5...
Old 12-18-2005
Registered!!

Matty Civics is an unknown quantity at this point
There is no argument here. The winner is the RSX no matter what.

No other car under 25K has that kind of speed(minus Si), styling and the interior that the rsx has, hands down.

RSX is god damn gorgeous I dont care what anybody says. Personally I love the interior more than anything else on this car(minus the engine of course), look how the dash is aimed towards you unlike our civics where u have to reach for something.

I was supposed to get an RSX -S, but as you all know due to other ignorant high-ego'ed teenagers in this country, I have to pay ridiculous insurance prices( would have been 10 grand a year!!!). So the RSX or the equivalent at the time is reserved for future use.

Last edited by Matty Civics; 12-18-2005 at 11:08 AM.
Old 12-18-2005
Registered!!

orion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really nice
All depends,

For people who cares about mod then RSX-s

For people who cares about fashin (those who prefer newer style) then civic SI. Because RSX-s will be discontinued.

I personnally don't dig for the discontinued car or old model car. If I am buying brand new, I am getting the current model, not one that will be changed next year.
Old 12-18-2005
Premium Member

genx_7 is an unknown quantity at this point
damn what's the debate about? Of course type s
Old 12-18-2005
The blackbeauty ES1.

jhonsok is an unknown quantity at this point
I love the new Si's..but i LOVVE DC5s, especially the 05 - 06's .
It would be hard for me, but i'd have to go with the new Si's. Even if people say the engine bay is small..theres going to be lots of factory options (peformance wise), and the support its getting from aftermarket is extraordinary. The new gen civics is definately a huge step forward for Honda. And lots of us hate the look only because its new, but it will grow on you. I bet some of you didnt like the 7thgens when they first came out in 2001. Now, we all own one ! hehe..
If you can get the chance to test drive an Si. Do it.

Last edited by jhonsok; 12-18-2005 at 12:17 PM.
Old 12-18-2005
Jeremy's Iron

CivicRookie is an unknown quantity at this point
Get the new Si.... Leave the Type-S to me...
Old 12-18-2005
let the devil out

eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
I got my vote in for the type s .. I ditched my boosted vic for my type-s and have not looked back
Old 12-18-2005
up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-b-a-start

R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light
If money is an issue... get the Si... better bang for your buck.

If it's not then get the Type S
Old 12-18-2005
Registered!!

Black03civic has a spectacular aura aboutBlack03civic has a spectacular aura aboutBlack03civic has a spectacular aura about
i like the Type S, or i would wait for the 8th gen civic make over in a few years
Old 12-18-2005
Registered!!

StealthCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for the replies...keep em comin...looks tied up half of you say SI , half say RSX, looks about split down the middle...I am still undecided!
Thanks for the info though, I didn't know RSX will be discontinued after this year.
Old 12-18-2005
let the devil out

eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by StealthCivic
Thanks for the replies...keep em comin...looks tied up half of you say SI , half say RSX, looks about split down the middle...I am still undecided!
Thanks for the info though, I didn't know RSX will be discontinued after this year.
well if your going new or used makes a difference... I went from my 02 boosted vic to a 02 rsx-s .. and with little difference for money due to my vic being paid off adn the rsx with low mileage. Voting the rsx-s also because the stupid drive by wire system that will be no fun for modding I would say stay behind in years just due to that for now.
Old 12-18-2005
Registered!!

kasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by thegent
But you DO drive a civic too, right?

the civic is my winter beater...

Quick Reply: Acura Rsx-type S Vs. new Honda civic si ?