General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

2006 Ferrari FXX 1 of 20 made sold on ebay

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005
I wish I was asian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cambo has a spectacular aura aboutcambo has a spectacular aura about
2006 Ferrari FXX 1 of 20 made sold on ebay

for a mere $2.35 million.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-F...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 11-29-2005
Registered!!

brent_01civic_e is an unknown quantity at this point
i think its fugly, but if u wanan go fast i guess its for you.. i would much rather spent "my money" on like a saleen s7, but the FXX is an exotic and that it sure is

Last edited by brent_01civic_e; 11-29-2005 at 03:08 PM.
Old 12-12-2005
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
Ouch...
But hey...
Who would want a track day Enzo?
ENGINE SPECIFICATIONS
6,262cc V12 800+ HP @ 8,500RPM

WHEELS
-F1 Gear Changes in under 100/millisecond

BRAKES
-19" Wheels Specific to Only FXX

[EDIT]
The reserve on that bid wasn't met...

But how about it selling for a mere $5 MILLION? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...Pr4_PcY_BID_IT
Yes, they re-auctioned it... it's at the moment in the $5,000,500.00 bid.

37 bids at the moment...

Last edited by ramcosca; 12-12-2005 at 02:36 PM.
Old 12-12-2005

gotti will become famous soon enoughgotti will become famous soon enough
mmmmmmm, i hate rich people.
Old 12-12-2005
Registered!!

fiatdale will become famous soon enoughfiatdale will become famous soon enough
Is it even street legal?
Old 12-12-2005
Registered!!

MYK1013 is an unknown quantity at this point
I would get it but it's AUTOMATIC !!
Old 12-12-2005
§C§H§O§C§O§B§O

chocobo15_2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
i thought it was one of those finger pedal shifters?

who gives a ****, if it can electronically shift that fast, u won't lose any time accelerating from 0-100000 MPH
Old 12-12-2005
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
Their he goes; there goes speed racer! He's a demon on wheels!
Old 12-12-2005
Registered!!

thegent is an unknown quantity at this point
Well if the current Ferrari designs are also made for us to dream about them, for my part I think they're a total flop. Even the Solstice looks better from certain angles than Ferrari's current line-up. The F50 is the last acceptable Ferrari, in my book, as far as looks go.

And even THAT design is aging, compared to the 2nd gen Miata, which still looks good.

The FXX looks like a damn tractor.
Old 12-12-2005
diamonds she will pretty much have to

ex2k3 is a jewel in the roughex2k3 is a jewel in the roughex2k3 is a jewel in the rough
Quoted from wikipedia - "Like the Enzo, the car will be sold to specially selected existing clients of Ferrari only. Unlike the Enzo, the clients will not take delivery of the car themselves. Rather, it will be maintained by Ferrari and available for the client's use on various circuits as arranged by Ferrari and also during private track sessions. The car is not expected to be street-legal or suitable for road use."

I wouldn't buy it since it won't be able to touch the streets or even sit in my garage.
Old 12-12-2005
Registered!!

7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice
I'd take the 6 Series that guy is selling or the Bentley.
Old 12-12-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
1st off I HOPE TO GOD this isnt really for an FXX. I hope its a fake auction but that seller is no scam artist
I like that ferrari has made a few and buying one makes you part of ferrari and you get to add input for the next production supercar, but its blasphemy to see this damn car on ebay. Whoever is selling this car is a bastard.
If you buy an FXX, more correctly are CHOSEN to buy one, you should do what ferrari wants you to do: drive it and make it better. You do not sell a 1 of 20 Ferrari for profit. thats stupid. I hope Ferrari never lets this person buy one again.
Old 12-12-2005
Registered!!

jfan is an unknown quantity at this point
I would never be able to afford one of those.
Old 12-12-2005

diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ex2k3
I wouldn't buy it since it won't be able to touch the streets or even sit in my garage.
I think I would take a track-only Ferrari over a street ferrari ANY DAY. Its madness to think otherwise.

And damnit I will own a ferrari before I die.
Old 12-12-2005
I'm an idiot.

Shambler is an unknown quantity at this point
Main reason why i love to hate the Enzo... Paddle shift. Sort of takes the fun out of driving. But one could argue, ABS, Auto-Susp, Synchros, and on and on... So, I also hate rich people
Old 12-12-2005

The reason the enzo has F1 shifting is cause humans are not fast enough. shifting manually leaves so much room for error with the clutch, and throwing a V12 into huge revvs by getting the wrong gear by mistake, on such a tuned engine, will not turn out well.

F1 balances out alot of human error.
Its a good idea for that car cause thats the point: pure speed. SMG is the TRUE transmission right now for any racing that allows it. Its just so fast and eliminates the chance that the driver messes up. lets the driver be a better driver. dont hate
Old 12-12-2005
YUL
Registered!!

YUL has a spectacular aura aboutYUL has a spectacular aura about
ha...no rear view mirrors!
Old 12-12-2005

why cant some people handle a race car not being a street car? whats so amazing about it not having normal windows, or having a roll cage, or no mirrors? I don't get whats so cool/funny/interesting?
Old 12-12-2005

ex2k3 is a jewel in the roughex2k3 is a jewel in the roughex2k3 is a jewel in the rough
If I'm buying a car for millions of dollars I'd like to be able to drive it whenever I want, not call up ferrari, fly over to Europe, then get a track day set up. Just not something I'd like to have to go through.
Old 12-12-2005
I'm an idiot.

Shambler is an unknown quantity at this point
I know that F1 style shifting is quite a bit faster than your average race car driver on a manual. But... I dunno, for me, it kind of takes the fun out of driving the car. Dont get me wrong, i have never driven a car fast enough to even have a F1 shifter as an option, just personal preference i guess. I would rather be slower on the track, and shift my own gears, than vice versa.

OH!... think Top Gear will get a hold of one of these later on? That would be a great episode.
Old 12-12-2005
Registered!!

thegent is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Shambler
I know that F1 style shifting is quite a bit faster than your average race car driver on a manual. But... I dunno, for me, it kind of takes the fun out of driving the car. Dont get me wrong, i have never driven a car fast enough to even have a F1 shifter as an option, just personal preference i guess. I would rather be slower on the track, and shift my own gears, than vice versa.

OH!... think Top Gear will get a hold of one of these later on? That would be a great episode.
Winning a race is not about fun, it's more about winning, then having fun.
The FXX is a race car waiting to be badged and driven to oblivion. If SMG equates better races, it will be used in race cars.

It doesn't matter if a certain upgrade on the car will make the driver's experience less 'connected', if it means winning a race!!!

Then I will be the last to admit I can comfortably redline a 800hp car, without raising my insurance rates and buying myself a wooden casket for Christmas, just in case.
Old 12-12-2005
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute
fugly i hate enzos and i hate this one even more. im just not a big ferrari fan
Old 12-12-2005
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
God dam who found these pixs of my weekend car
Old 12-12-2005
In love with Diana...te amo

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
The hottest Ferrari ever is the F50, just pure sweetness.
Old 12-12-2005
that little dude

slick will become famous soon enoughslick will become famous soon enough
I don't mind that a track is just that, a track car. But I wouldn't spend millions on a car that I couldn't have in my garage to show off, thats the whole point of the car. I would trailer that car to a track if I had it. Why don't they just make FFX's that can be rented for an hour on a track or something.
I wouldn't consider owning it if it wasn't in my possession.
Old 12-12-2005

Originally Posted by ex2k3
If I'm buying a car for millions of dollars I'd like to be able to drive it whenever I want, not call up ferrari, fly over to Europe, then get a track day set up. Just not something I'd like to have to go through.
and thats why the SELECT people to buy this car and you dont go to a dealership and buy it and complain. You are APPROVED to by the car. Its 100% a privelage NOT A RIGHT. Thats the point of ferrari supercars. No stupid idiots get ferrari supercars from a dealership. Only good people that make ferrari look good.

And if you want an enzo without getting one then get the stupid Maserati MC12 its the same car with a different body and much more options.
Old 12-12-2005

Originally Posted by diskreet
and thats why the SELECT people to buy this car and you dont go to a dealership and buy it and complain. You are APPROVED to by the car. Its 100% a privelage NOT A RIGHT. Thats the point of ferrari supercars. No stupid idiots get ferrari supercars from a dealership. Only good people that make ferrari look good.

And if you want an enzo without getting one then get the stupid Maserati MC12 its the same car with a different body and much more options.
Yeah, I agree. That probably is not a real auction because to even get that car you have to have bought a Ferrari new from a licensed Ferrari dealer and then be approved by Ferrari to buy it. I wouldn't be suprised if Ferrari strips their dealer license if they are even a real Ferrari dealer and not some used luxury/exotic car dealer.
Old 12-12-2005
Registered!!

prawdigy is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by diskreet
1st off I HOPE TO GOD this isnt really for an FXX. I hope its a fake auction but that seller is no scam artist
I like that ferrari has made a few and buying one makes you part of ferrari and you get to add input for the next production supercar, but its blasphemy to see this damn car on ebay. Whoever is selling this car is a bastard.
If you buy an FXX, more correctly are CHOSEN to buy one, you should do what ferrari wants you to do: drive it and make it better. You do not sell a 1 of 20 Ferrari for profit. thats stupid. I hope Ferrari never lets this person buy one again.

My thoughts exactly. Seriously... if you are hand chosen by Ferrari to receive a very rare limited production exotic car like that, you keep it, and you are given time to race on Ferrari's tracks as well as input and driving lessons.
Old 12-12-2005

Originally Posted by prawdigy
My thoughts exactly. Seriously... if you are hand chosen by Ferrari to receive a very rare limited production exotic car like that, you keep it, and you are given time to race on Ferrari's tracks as well as input and driving lessons.

I would give up almost EVERYTHING I have to get a chance to do that. you do NOT sell something that special
Old 12-12-2005
You boost, I-VTEC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the rough
It is official some of the stupidest people in the world are on this forum.

To people who actually understand what good cars are.. Whats amazing about that thing is not only do you get to own the rarest car to ever come out of Ferrari besides the F50 GT, but you are a official test driver for Scuderia Ferrari if you own one. That means unlimited access to all their road cars, with exception of the Enzo, which the owner will already have, at the tracks in Italy. They are taking the data of the owners driving the cars to help build their next super car. Which is almost like beta testing a game, cause the people who are test driving the thing will have all different driving skills, helping Ferrari make their next car even better than the Enzo...which is the 2nd best car ever (Veyron being 1st)

Last edited by Hawk; 12-12-2005 at 10:50 PM.

Quick Reply: 2006 Ferrari FXX 1 of 20 made sold on ebay