General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

06 Civic Car of the Year

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLVR01CIVIC is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up 06 Civic Car of the Year

Just thought everyone would wanna check this out:

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/...22-civic_x.htm

They had it posted on the corolla forum i belong to.

Enjoy!
Old 11-22-2005
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

bamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of light
sweet.
Old 11-22-2005
Escaped Convict

CapYoda has a spectacular aura aboutCapYoda has a spectacular aura about
http://www.motortrend.com/features/n...r_of_the_year/

wtf!?

lol. I guess the 06 lines are pretty good then. cuz I'm a bit surprised.
Old 11-22-2005
Registered!!

kismylx will become famous soon enough
how can it be car of the year it already has a recall
Old 11-22-2005
Registered!!

Black03civic has a spectacular aura aboutBlack03civic has a spectacular aura aboutBlack03civic has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by kismylx
how can it be car of the year it already has a recall
MT missed the mark on this one
Old 11-22-2005
Have you seen Mike Hunt?

2002excpe will become famous soon enough
recall? for what? Also, car of the year and the SI isn't even out yet
Old 11-22-2005
Registered!!

fiatdale will become famous soon enoughfiatdale will become famous soon enough
to me, car or truck of the year doesnt mean jack. Basically just means hey, this is a new or completely re-designed auto. I think its BS, but good job Civic.
Old 11-22-2005
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about
I think the Civic deserves it being that the Focus was named an Automobile Magazine All-Star even though it had almost 10 different major recalls.
Old 11-22-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
what makes it car of the year?
Old 11-22-2005
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by 2002excpe
recall? for what? Also, car of the year and the SI isn't even out yet
Honda provides cars to the automotive industry to test even if they aren't released publicly yet.
Old 11-22-2005
Registered!!

dre2600 is an unknown quantity at this point
I think they just named it (and others) car of the year in terms of how many units they think they'll sell, if everyone is buying one the mags might as well get in line...
Old 11-23-2005
Escaped Convict

CapYoda has a spectacular aura aboutCapYoda has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by dre2600
I think they just named it (and others) car of the year in terms of how many units they think they'll sell, if everyone is buying one the mags might as well get in line...
er no

motor trend's car of the year awards are a nice recognition for a vehicle that's pretty damn good. I'm just surprised the 06 civic got it.

the entire 06 civic lineup got it.

you'll find that a good majority of owners of "car of the year" are pretty damn pleased with their purchase.

you can't say the same for say, our 7thgen civic. probably 50-60% were happy with it.
Old 11-23-2005
Unsalvageable

rEkKaShInObI should not be trustedrEkKaShInObI should not be trustedrEkKaShInObI should not be trustedrEkKaShInObI should not be trusted
honda is dominating the automotive industry once more
Old 11-23-2005
Registered!!

With an old job I used to have in manufacturing pickup truck accessories, I got to go to this press coference for Sears (we manufactured products for Craftsman), and there were the editors from all sorts of auto mags, both car and trucks. Anyways at lunchtime at this very nice hotel in LA, got to sit down at the same table as MotorTrend / Truck Trend, Car and Driver, etc. The Motor Trend editor basically told us, whoever comes out with a complete re-design, has the highest ad budget with our magazines, and bascially whichever gives us the most money gets car/truck of the year. Has nothing to do with evaluation of the product what-so-ever.

As for pickup of the year in 2004, when the F-150 was redesigned and the Titan came out, the Titan should have won hands down, but Ford had a much bigger budget for ad-space in their magazines and with Primedia in all that they got the ticket. Its all a scam, just like edmunds gets paid to favor imports and not domestics.

Last edited by fiatdale; 11-23-2005 at 10:01 AM.
Old 11-23-2005
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by fiatdale
With an old job I used to have in manufacturing pickup truck accessories, I got to go to this press coference for Sears (we manufactured products for Craftsman), and there were the editors from all sorts of auto mags, both car and trucks. Anyways at lunchtime at this very nice hotel in LA, got to sit down at the same table as MotorTrend / Truck Trend, Car and Driver, etc. The Motor Trend editor basically told us, whoever comes out with a complete re-design, has the highest ad budget with our magazines, and bascially whichever gives us the most money gets car/truck of the year. Has nothing to do with evaluation of the product what-so-ever.

As for pickup of the year in 2004, when the F-150 was redesigned and the Titan came out, the Titan should have won hands down, but Ford had a much bigger budget for ad-space in their magazines and with Primedia in all that they got the ticket. Its all a scam, just like edmunds gets paid to favor imports and not domestics.
I had kind of figured this one out on my own. If you notice, the vehicles that win are normally the ones that are advertised...

Anyway, car of the year or not, I still want one over pretty much anything in its class.
Old 11-23-2005
Registered!!

Theres no doubt it probably did deserve to win, money or not. Its a damn good car. So what if it did have a recall...within the first couple months of being released just about every car out there has had at least one recall in its lifetime, and this is the first year out, its expected. Thats why Im glad I bought the 05, they had many years to work out the bugs in it. Good job Honda
Old 11-23-2005
Registered!!

MrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of light
It deserves the title. What other car could have been the car of the year if they didn't choose civic? Impala? Kia Rio? Sonata?
Old 11-23-2005
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
Acura CSX
Old 12-01-2005
Registered!!

guerro is an unknown quantity at this point
What Is The Recall ????
Old 12-02-2005
Registered!!

Newbulletform is an unknown quantity at this point
I think the recall had something to do with the gas pedal getting stuck or something. I've also heard about the air bag light coming on and off every now and then.
Old 12-02-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AntiLoop will become famous soon enough
who cares if it has a recall every car has recalls...
8th gen is best bang for buck, no car comes close to whatt he 8th gen has to offer for the $. Well Deserved.
Old 12-03-2005
Premium Member

tinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nice
I can see the civic get car of the year... but how did the turd focus EVER get into a magazine besides Better tow and salvage?
Old 12-03-2005
In love with Diana...te amo

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
I wish I could get an 06 Si and keep my 7thgen...
Old 12-03-2005
Registered!!

Jasonb is an unknown quantity at this point
None of this **** means anything. car of the year goes to who ever Spends the most on marketing/adv, you Think if honda didint spend so much giving to motortrend in Adv/& marketing, That it would stil lbe car of the year?

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo
Old 12-03-2005
Registered!!

Jasonb is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by fiatdale

Thank you!

Somone who actually Went to school and has a background in this field. its very common knowledge To most in this Field...

Its all about the money kids

Last edited by Jasonb; 12-03-2005 at 11:18 PM.
Old 12-04-2005
In love with Diana...te amo

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, I agree, we know Honda is one of the best car manufacturers, but with this award I think the sales are going to be even better; whether they deserved it or not.
Old 12-04-2005
Registered!!

dre2600 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by CapYoda
er no

motor trend's car of the year awards are a nice recognition for a vehicle that's pretty damn good. I'm just surprised the 06 civic got it.

the entire 06 civic lineup got it.

you'll find that a good majority of owners of "car of the year" are pretty damn pleased with their purchase.

you can't say the same for say, our 7thgen civic. probably 50-60% were happy with it.
Pretty damn good like a Focus?

If I believed for a second that car of the year was about how great the car really was I'd be driving a Focus instead of my Mazda.
Old 12-05-2005
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
goooooooooo honda, it takes money to make money, you know.
Old 12-05-2005
Registered!!

2k2silvcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Good well maybe u guys can give me some fire power. My freind wont shut the f up about his god damn scion tc. How is the 06 better than the scion and why wasent the scion voted best car? I really need to know the diffrences in favor of the new vic cause he is just short of annoying.
Old 12-05-2005
Registered!!

kasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by SLVR01CIVIC
Just thought everyone would wanna check this out:

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/...22-civic_x.htm

They had it posted on the corolla forum i belong to.

Enjoy!
every year when a new gen. of car is introduced, it usually gets some kind of a "car of the year award"... i remember mazda3 won it a couple of years back... just cuz it was new.