General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

And domestic owners complain that only import drivers suck!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
And domestic owners complain that only import drivers suck!

http://videos.streetfire.net/Player....2&t=recent&p=2

too bad he got away ok.
Old 11-15-2005
The Woman Who Gave Birth to Rabbits. As seen on TV by QBoi.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kadenx is a jewel in the roughKadenx is a jewel in the roughKadenx is a jewel in the rough
nice...saw that a while ago but its still nice
Old 11-15-2005
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute
insurance company is going to LOVE getting that phone call! lol

If stupid people get nice cars, why don't they just be stupid enough to give me their car, for free??? instead of getting in the nice car and making it a stupid car...
Old 11-15-2005

diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Well its funny how american car drivers insist that ricers suck at driving and make the roads unsafe. its 1/2 their fault too.
Old 11-15-2005
Boobies are the mans tinkertoys

dp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to behold
hahahahaha what an idiot
Old 11-15-2005
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
that video is actually a race between the viper and the ferrari on "dead mans run" or something like that. He was simply taking that turn to wide, ate dust and lost traction. That's not really the cars' fault.
Old 11-15-2005
Registered!!

mikem317 should not be trusted
Originally Posted by skipbarber
that video is actually a race between the viper and the ferrari on "dead mans run" or something like that. He was simply taking that turn to wide, ate dust and lost traction. That's not really the cars' fault.
Driver error. He locked up the brakes and was trying to pull into the turn at the same time. He would've eaten a barrier if it was on the track.
Old 11-15-2005

that and we all know that a ferrari 355 handles much much better than the lumbering viper does.
lets see italian sports car v american sports car.
its like comparing a house fly to a brick when it comes to handling.
Old 11-15-2005
Registered!!

MIVtec is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by diskreet
that and we all know that a ferrari 355 handles much much better than the lumbering viper does.
^^ good analogy, i also agree that there are stupid drivers everywhere, Import and domestic!!
Old 11-15-2005
Registered!!

JP375 is an unknown quantity at this point
Country of origin has nothing to do with it. The Corvette Z06 is an American masterpiece. It can hang with the best, all for under 70k. American cars don't have to suck. Unfortnuately in many cases they do.
Old 11-15-2005
Registered!!

juzthewy will become famous soon enoughjuzthewy will become famous soon enough
That is purely driver error. That sucks sooo bad. Maybe with an evo or sti and a better driver... maybe..
Old 11-15-2005
I hope I offend you... Get mad

Slow Gold will become famous soon enoughSlow Gold will become famous soon enough
The only thing that would've made me laugh harder would of been an EM2 driving past
Old 11-16-2005
Superior Evolutionary Element Destined-factor

Xenin is an unknown quantity at this point
and this is why you drift around a corner...
Old 11-16-2005
Registered!!

fiatdale will become famous soon enoughfiatdale will become famous soon enough
I agree with JP, the Vette is in the class of its own with the pricepoint its at and its qualities of both power and handling. The viper is best suited for an oval track. Just because this driver who is probably inexperienced lost his very expensive, ton more powerful than most anything else on the road vehicle doesnt mean that the ferrari might not have done the same thing, if it was leading the way
Old 11-16-2005
My Baby Daddy

PlasmaGT is on a distinguished road
...too bad he got away ok.
Old 11-16-2005
My SL65 rim, because a rim is all I can afford

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
Yeah, after seeing how vets hang with the 150k exotics around mid Ohio, I have to say there are some good American cars. I haven't seen one run yet, but I hear the Ford GT is pretty good too.

But really a Viper is made for strights and handling was an after thought with that car, I'm sure the Viper could have easily taken that turn with a better driver.
Old 11-16-2005
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
believe it or not, the 355 was getting its *** handed to it in that vid..thus the viper being up front.
Old 11-16-2005
Registered!!

Black03civic has a spectacular aura aboutBlack03civic has a spectacular aura aboutBlack03civic has a spectacular aura about
that was cool to see
Old 11-16-2005

Originally Posted by skipbarber
believe it or not, the 355 was getting its *** handed to it in that vid..thus the viper being up front.

I cannot imagine a viper out handling a 355. Although these are street cars and non professional drivers which means this would be 100% drivers race not car dependant.
Old 11-16-2005

Originally Posted by fiatdale
I agree with JP, the Vette is in the class of its own with the pricepoint its at and its qualities of both power and handling. The viper is best suited for an oval track. Just because this driver who is probably inexperienced lost his very expensive, ton more powerful than most anything else on the road vehicle doesnt mean that the ferrari might not have done the same thing, if it was leading the way

yup... it is in a class of its own...

the problem with the corvette is that no matter how good it is it can never live up to the older corvettes. They were so much better. Just like with any american cars: The ones made decades ago are far better.
And thats why im here not at www.mychevybrokeagain.com
Old 11-16-2005
Registered!!

yup... it is in a class of its own...

the problem with the corvette is that no matter how good it is it can never live up to the older corvettes. They were so much better. Just like with any american cars: The ones made decades ago are far better.
And thats why im here not at www.mychevybrokeagain.com
are you retarded? I'm sick of people saying things like that, and the ol "They don't make them like they used too". Thats BS. A frickin new Honda Accord is better than many Corvettes of the past. New cars will only continue to leave the past in the dust as they last longer and peform better. You have some horrible unfounded bias. Don't get me wrong, I love the oldies as well, but although they can compete for our hearts, they are no match for todays technology.
Old 11-16-2005

Originally Posted by JP375
are you retarded? I'm sick of people saying things like that, and the ol "They don't make them like they used too". Thats BS. A frickin new Honda Accord is better than many Corvettes of the past. New cars will only continue to leave the past in the dust as they last longer and peform better. You have some horrible unfounded bias. Don't get me wrong, I love the oldies as well, but although they can compete for our hearts, they are no match for todays technology.

yes im retarted... really mature.

anyway, I am not talking about the speed of the newer cars. New cars are faster than ever. I agree 100% with that.
But the american cars of today do not have the general feel that they did before. They feel cheaper now, like you know some corners were cut. And you can tell they were engineered for performance and not designed out of passion. They don't have the personality that they used to. They are becoming more bland and lifeless.
As for reliability, the new cars are a little more reliable. But american cars still have a little ground to make up over the next few years.
And don't be like the SRT-4 guy who thinks all older cars are slower because they don't have new technology. You dont need new technology to go fast.
Old 11-17-2005
My SL65 rim, because a rim is all I can afford

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
And don't be like the SRT-4 guy who thinks all older cars are slower because they don't have new technology. You dont need new technology to go fast.
That guy was such a troll, I certainly hope doesn't think he can beat a nitro funny car because he has EFI and the funny car is carbureted. My old Camaro would have kick the crap out of him, and it was carbureted, ran 11.2 in the quarter too.
Old 11-17-2005
Registered!!

But the american cars of today do not have the general feel that they did before. They feel cheaper now, like you know some corners were cut.
If anything the corners were extended on todays vehicles. You have to look at the big picture. The automobile has been around for less than a century. Just like evolution with human beings, things and processes are going to change. Those cars HAD to be built the way they were because there was no other way. Lots of manual labor, next to no machinery. I think that the machinery of today can build an extremely precise car that no two hands could ever do. Who cares if the older vettes had no computers, solid frames, etc. That doesnt make them any more reliable than todays.

And dont just rule out American cars on this one either. Jap cars from back in the day were total pieces of junk, then progressivly got better. Americans still do build a quality automobile, its just the media does their job and makes us think the japanese cars are 10 years ahead of where we are, which is not true at all.
Old 11-17-2005

If anything the corners were extended on todays vehicles. You have to look at the big picture. The automobile has been around for less than a century. Just like evolution with human beings, things and processes are going to change. Those cars HAD to be built the way they were because there was no other way. Lots of manual labor, next to no machinery. I think that the machinery of today can build an extremely precise car that no two hands could ever do. Who cares if the older vettes had no computers, solid frames, etc. That doesnt make them any more reliable than todays.

And dont just rule out American cars on this one either. Jap cars from back in the day were total pieces of junk, then progressivly got better. Americans still do build a quality automobile, its just the media does their job and makes us think the japanese cars are 10 years ahead of where we are, which is not true at all.
As for the "feel" of the newer cars, what I am getting at is before they had a feel to it, you knew someone put alot of it together and did it well. The car didn't need alot of computing power becuase it worked with what they had. The cars had a feel to them, though, that modern cars don't have. And of course machines are more precise, but engineering is only a part of the whole equation.
Anymore cars are there to protect you. When you turn too fast some of them brake individual wheels and all of this crazy stuff. The cars of the past had none of that. You had full control. You can feel the car alot more in an onld one than a modern corvette. The newer car may be more responsive and safer, but the old one is just a performance driving machine. Today it's an airbag with supercomputers controlling everything. And alot of these systems become intrusive, not helpful. I dont want to argue. All I am saying is that new cars don't "feel" the same as old cars. They dont have a personality to them like they used to.
Old 11-17-2005
Registered!!

5.7 LT1 Z is an unknown quantity at this point
Ha moron lol. ok first off your driving around crap like that (hills mountains?) i would think you would take it a little slower if you don't know the road. Vipers are a waste of $$$ anyways. overpriced and don't get the performance you should. new Z06 ahhhhh different story. whats the moral of the story. WATCH WHAT YOU DO WHEN YOU SHOW OFF IN FRONT OF THE CAMERA.
Old 11-17-2005
Registered!!

As for the "feel" of the newer cars, what I am getting at is before they had a feel to it, you knew someone put alot of it together and did it well. The car didn't need alot of computing power becuase it worked with what they had. The cars had a feel to them, though, that modern cars don't have. And of course machines are more precise, but engineering is only a part of the whole equation.
Anymore cars are there to protect you. When you turn too fast some of them brake individual wheels and all of this crazy stuff. The cars of the past had none of that. You had full control. You can feel the car alot more in an onld one than a modern corvette. The newer car may be more responsive and safer, but the old one is just a performance driving machine. Today it's an airbag with supercomputers controlling everything. And alot of these systems become intrusive, not helpful. I dont want to argue. All I am saying is that new cars don't "feel" the same as old cars. They dont have a personality to them like they used to.

Like I said...they can compete for your heart but not for performance. I don't care how they "feel". Modern cars are safer, faster, more agile and much more reliable. I think if you drove an old car for your daily driver and had to put 100 miles on it every day, it wouldn't take long for you to see that the benefits of newer cars far exceed those of the past. I don't want to argue either, I'm just sick of the comments about certain cars being better than another blah blah blah. You just happened to trigger my dislike for such comments. As I've grown up, I've learned that no one elses opinion matters, no ratings, no magazines, nothing. Only you can decide what is a good car for you. Thats why they can make hundreds of different models and they can all be fairly successful. Our individual ideas and beliefs lead us to what we think is the best. All cars are cool...even the minivans.
Old 11-17-2005
Registered!!

Thanks JP.
Old 11-17-2005
Ill punch you in the face before you visit Myspace

SinaloaCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
All cars are cool...even the minivans.
i second that one!

-PeTeY!! ::EM2::
Old 11-17-2005
Crayons taste like purple...

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold

I read to the third sentence and stopped cuz I knew you had no idea what you're talking about.....automobiles have been around for more than 100 years...and diskreet is right corners have been cut nearly everything in this world is correlating to inflation, if there was a way to cap this out and get it to hold for a while we might be able to go back to the drawing boards and make a decnt vehicle that isn't plasticy or whathave you and actually has some spirit in it...like GM does or Ford does where they slap a sticker on a truck that says it was made in such and such plant by happy people...thats not the way you get that thought out, that thought comes out when the car you make has the souls, sweat and blood of people determined to make a vehicle that is enjoyed and engineered to be the way its needed. Only problem I see with the older cars was the bulk of sheet metal that they used that made them so heavy just think if emissions control had been taken seriously or carbon fiber (for example) had been in greater design and demand and production back in the day (which we all know was a Wedsneday whenver we refer to back in the day) just think of the possibilities....

Last edited by Shroomster; 11-18-2005 at 09:34 AM.

Quick Reply: And domestic owners complain that only import drivers suck!