General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

UPDATED! --- With Pics ---- Rolled My Car

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crashoveride is an unknown quantity at this point
Rolled My Car

Hey guys

This has been a bad week for me, first I get hit by someone, and get that taken care of and no I rolled my car.

Yesterday I was on my way home from work and the roads were a bit slick from a winter storm the night before, I was going along (dont the speed limit too) and was going around this turn and wanted to make sure I was over to the side just in case a car came around the corner at the same time, and then the back end kicked out, so I tried to correct it, and it swung the other way and then it started going side ways and was heading for the ditch, so there was nothing I could do, it stared to plow in the snow bank and then hit a mound of dirt or something that was sticking out and was just enough to push the car over and it lightly rolled on its roof. So we (my fieance) we managed to get out of the car and just as luck would have it the next car that came along was an off duty RCMP officer. So he helped and we got a tow truck there and the police and got it out of the way and was on my way home. In the end we were both alright and suffered no injuries but the car got the most of the damage, its not as bad as it could have been thats to the fresh snow banks, the worst damage is the passengers side front pillar is crushed in a bit, and the sunroof and windsheild were crushed, other than that there is a dent here and there that will need to be fixed, oh yeah and a new mirror. But I can say one thing for our Honda's , they do pass the safety tests, that we can all be thankful for. As for the cost I am not sure what its going to cost for this fix but I hope it doesnt raise my insurance any, anyone had the same prob as this?, if so what was the damages cost?. Thanks guys, sorry its so long , hopefully I will have it back on the road this week.

Later

Crashoveride

################################################## ###############################
UPDATE!!!!!!

Go here to see pics....... Click Here
Old 02-03-2002
Registered!!

Intruder is an unknown quantity at this point
Good to hear you are alright man, trust me, it's all that matters. I had a similar incident in Novemeber when I totalled my del sol. The deal with my insurance company is that any accident in which they have to pay more than $3000 in damages, they can raise your insurance for it. This varies by company though I would think, so the best bet is to just wait and see, not much you can do. Peace
Old 02-03-2002
Registered!!

Pedrito is an unknown quantity at this point
sorry to hear that bro...at least your ok tho man....their was nothing you could do in the end it sounds like man...good luck fixiing at and everything hope everythin works out[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-03-2002
Registered!!

Damian2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow, that truly sucks...[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]
Hopefully things turn out good and the insurance company takes care of everything.
Quick question...were you on stock firestones?
Old 02-03-2002
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
Crash Over Ride, now your nick will make me remember your accident. That sucks dude. I've been in an accident, but one where someone else hit me, so I have no idea how things like this go? You'll probably have to pay for the damages from what I gather.
Old 02-03-2002
Registered!!

Speedracer32 is an unknown quantity at this point
sorry to hear that
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG]
but your ok and can still post
Old 02-03-2002
Registered!!

oblivious9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Old 02-03-2002
Registered!!

m0xxiedrum is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry to hear about your roll over.. Hate to break the bad news to ya, but, your insurance is likely to take a decent hit. Any claim that is your fault insurance wants their money back eventually hense by raising your premiums..

Hope everything works out!

Old 02-03-2002
Registered!!

NitehawkVTEC is an unknown quantity at this point
That's pretty harsh dude. But It's good to hear that your alright, and your car wasn't a complete write off. Good luck fixing it.
Old 02-03-2002
Registered!!

Redsands is an unknown quantity at this point
Some insurance companies have a grace for your first accident, and then if you get in another one within 3 years, then they'll raise your rates. That's how mine is anyhow. These firestones are absolutely horrible in the snow though, it takes nothing to get the back end out. They're probably the worst tires I've ever driven on and needless to say that won't be on my car after this summer.

Glad you and your girl are ok,
Redsands
Old 02-03-2002
Registered!!

slam2k1civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry to hear that,but thank god that you are ok[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-03-2002
Registered!!

SoNiCcIvIc is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry about the accident. Yeah, basically after Christmas it's accident season. I'm glad you and your girl get to spend another day together and I know that means a lot.

Yeah, if this is your first accident, your insurance shouldn't go up if it's your first accident... but if it's your fault, well... let's just say it won't go up even more if it was not your first. Good fortune on fixing your car.
Old 02-04-2002
Registered!!

Thanks for the replys guys, to answer a few question, Yes I was driving on my stock Firestones I was hoping that I could get through at least one winter with them, I guess not. Also I am not sure I have a good driving record so far with the exception of a speeding ticket a year ago, other than that I have been a good driver. I hope this is not going to cost me anymore in insurance payments, cause I already pay too damm much right now. Other than that I am tring to get ahold of my insurance company right now, I will keep you posted.

Thanks again guys

Crashoveride
Old 02-04-2002
Registered!!

Good fortune! (Again.) Don't forget to burn those tires completely when you're ready to put on some newer ones!
Old 02-04-2002
Turbo Member

RiceBuRNeR will become famous soon enoughRiceBuRNeR will become famous soon enough
that really sucks man, glad to hear that both of you are allright...good luck getting your car fixed.
Old 02-04-2002
Registered!!

Ronin is an unknown quantity at this point
There was no way I was going take the chance of driving through a single winter with my stock Firestones. They just suck so bad ...

But, glad to hear the 2 of you are ok.

Old 02-04-2002
Registered!!

FiresVTEC is an unknown quantity at this point
sorry to hear about that man, glad to hear youre ok though. good luck with the insurance stuff
Old 02-05-2002
Registered!!

Hey all

Another Update

I was speaking with the local dealership that is going to do the body work on the car and they gave me a quick rough estamite on the total damages, so far it will come to around $8500 CDN, but will most likely go over $10,000 CDN, but the good part is that they will repair it back to factory specs and make her good as new again and my insurance will only go up about $300 CDN a year, so its not all that bad, I am going to try and get some pictures of it before it goes in and then some after it. Any YES I am planning on getting some real tires for it soon.

Thanks Guys

Crashoveride
Old 02-05-2002
Registered!!

Diznavis is an unknown quantity at this point

<< These firestones are absolutely horrible in the snow though, it takes nothing to get the back end out. They're probably the worst tires I've ever driven on and needless to say that won't be on my car after this summer. >>

they seem to be worse than the $30 bottom of the line tires i had on my 88 dodge omni, at least those had grip when they were new. when they were getting bald they made me go off the road in the snow, but they had 26000 miles on them at the time. im afraid to drive in the snow on the new firestones and they only have 1500 miles on them.

Old 02-06-2002
Registered!!

Swifty is an unknown quantity at this point
$8500 sounds pretty cheap for an accident of this type, with a crushed A pillar you will need a new roof to replace that pillar, thats a pricey thing to do
Old 02-06-2002
Registered!!

Glad to know you're getting your car fixed. It pretty much sucks living without my Civic now and I've got about another week before I get mine back. I can't wait. Do you have any other means of getting around? (I do! Public transportation! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG] )
Old 02-06-2002
Registered!!

trevor is an unknown quantity at this point
[IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG]
thats a half rack.............you'll need it..........
sorry bro[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-06-2002
Registered!!

Ronin is an unknown quantity at this point
Just saw your pics. Did you get an estimate from your insurance yet? Looks like roughly around $5 - $6k canadian (maybe more, especially with a moon roof), if there is no engine or suspension damage. Let us know how it goes, and good luck.

Old 02-06-2002
Registered!!

Diznavis is an unknown quantity at this point
thats painful to look at. good luck with getting it fixed
Old 02-06-2002
Registered!!

01civicboi is an unknown quantity at this point
DAMN i'm really glad your ok though. even though our cars aren't super-fast, they're
safe like a ****[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-06-2002
Registered!!

<< DAMN i'm really glad your ok though. even though our cars aren't super-fast, they're
safe like a ****[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
>>

Yup, you try hitting a deer at 75MPH... and I didn't get hurt at all.

Anyways... wow... that's a lot of damage... a lot worse than what I had thought it to be. The windshield is what gets to me. Wow, since I got my Civic, I didn't think I'd ever see one in an accident, but since there are a lot of them, and I ended up seeing a lot of them, I can say I'm pretty much used to looking at them and be like, "Damn... so what's next?"
Old 02-06-2002
Si(R) killer # 1

CoupeStylz is an unknown quantity at this point
I feel bad for ya man, I've learned that whatever you figure would be a HIGH price for body work... -double it and THAT is what it will cost. I think we should have a big firestone-burning party somewhere on behalf of everyone who has had to put up with these pieces of ****.
Old 02-06-2002
Registered!!

Todd1 is an unknown quantity at this point
man that sux dude!!!
Old 02-06-2002
End Bringer

Voiceofid is an unknown quantity at this point
don't look as bad as i imagined, my mind is pretty sick
Old 02-06-2002
Registered!!

black2k1vtec is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad to see your ok, the Civic held up pretty good for being rolled.

Quick Reply: UPDATED! --- With Pics ---- Rolled My Car