General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Lexus ES330 :tdown:

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
Lexus ES330 :tdown:

My sister's lease on her TL is almost up and she's looking to lease another car in the same class. She had Acura's for the past 9 years and says she wants a change.

So we go to our local Lexus dealer to find out some stuff about the ES330. End up taking it for a test drive..... I dorve it first to see how it compares to my sister's current 02 TL. Well, the car is a POS. Acceleration is horrible, when you press the gas it feels like your foot is in quick sand.... the gas goes down really mushy and the car barely accelerates even at 4k RPMs.

Next the steering, it was also very mushy and felt very loose. The interior was nothign special either.

I cant believe there are people out there who actually pay this much money for this car, besides from being ugly its also performs like total crap.

I guess if you're so hooke don just driving a Lexus then go and pay for this POS..... defiantly not worth it. The TL kills this car in every category.

This goes on my list of "Gotta be a fvckin dumbass to pay this much money for this car"
Old 08-11-2005

southpasdena is an unknown quantity at this point
That is how a luxury car is supposed to feel like. Just wait till you get into the higher models and even though there is more power, the brakes practically brake for you, the car practically stears for your and etc etc. That is why i do not like luxury cars, unless it happens to be a performance model
Old 08-11-2005
Bone Stock!

dalaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Thats what all Lexus are like: soft and mushy. Apparently, older people like this kind of motoring as it takes little effort to drive. Go look for an Infiniti instead, it should satisfy you more.
Old 08-11-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
yes i agree, thats exactly how they want it to drive.

jump in a lexus ES, or GS, and it will be mushy. Jump in an IS and its tight and sporty.
Old 08-11-2005
Registered!!

gotarheels03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by diskreet
yes i agree, thats exactly how they want it to drive.

jump in a lexus ES, or GS, and it will be mushy. Jump in an IS and its tight and sporty.
Exactly. The ES is and always has been essentially a luxury Camry.
Old 08-11-2005
Registered!!

orion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really nice
yeah,

That is how a lexury car suppose to feel.

Honda's Acura is consider to be too rough to be a real lexury car. This is the comment from many luxury car reviews.

Now you know why.
Old 08-11-2005
The blackbeauty ES1.

jhonsok is an unknown quantity at this point
What about a new 3 series BMW?
Old 08-11-2005
Bobaganoosh!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
I agree with the Infiniti comment. Go that way or stay with Acura.
Old 08-11-2005
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
The TL and ES are very different cars. Acura tries to position its TL closer to the IS, which is a lot sportier then the ES.

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=220586

That is a link to the Lexus IS. It will sport two new engines, a 2.5L V6, and a 300 horse 3.5L V6. I think it is what Toyota is positioning as a car to move up into after getting a Tc... It should be out soon.
Old 08-11-2005
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
yeah, my parent's toyotas are like that.
Old 08-11-2005
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
actually u have to get used to the car...i used to have a lexus es330...u gotta learn the gas pedal...once u do its pretty quick...but no where near as fast as my 03 q45
Old 08-11-2005
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
Well, aside from being slow the interior looks pretty cheap.... 35k for this car is a waste.
Old 08-11-2005
Banned

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by hustlelikem0fo
So stuff about the ES330.

POS, horrible, mushy, loose, ugly, crap, POS.

This goes on my list of "Gotta be a fvckin dumbass to pay this much money for this car"
bwuahahahahhaha that's pretty much the cliffnotes of your review. gotta love the quote too
Old 08-11-2005
Registered!!

mrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura about
i dont like any of the toyota trannys, they are quite sluggish and not geared for ooomff. i drove my friends camry around, it felt sluggish as hell compared to my civic when its got all that torque and hp. The toyotas are geared towards ride comfort, not performance. at least thats what i think hehe. drove a gts celica in auto form awhile back, manual is fine, but i swear my civic has better kick out of first gear than the auto celica. but oh well.

thats probably why toyotas/lexus sell well with americans, they love that plush and soft feel, the feeling of nostalgia of the olden days when american cars were like that

Last edited by mrchowmein; 08-11-2005 at 11:59 PM.
Old 08-12-2005
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
well the camry and the lexus es330 is not exactly ur speed mobile...its mean for a smooth ride and comfortability...hell it has more options than a civic and weighs about 2 times more...expect it to go slow but hey whenever i raced my bro with his vic and my old 04 es330 i would beat the civic just cuz it has more power...but im not for the es330 either...i woulda gone g35 if i had a choice...but that wasnt up to me...so, this said i have to say that the hold down the unlock button on the remote and open all the windows and sunroof while u walk to ur car option isnt that bad on a very hot sunny day