General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

V10 in next NSX

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by SevenCyrus
Z06 rapes all.
sweet car, but z06 is a sports car.. Talking about super cars =)
The blue devil isnt official yet if you mean that
Old 07-21-2005
The blackbeauty ES1.

jhonsok is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Mustang5.0HO
Id take the Ford GT......or the Saleen S7
Saleen is nice.
Did you read the post about the Ford GT ?

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...hlight=Ford+GT

Jeremy Clarkson returns his Ford GT, which pretty much shattered his dreams.
Old 07-21-2005
My rectum hurts........

Mustang5.0HO is an unknown quantity at this point
Ford had really nothing to do with his alarm....its a whole different market
Old 07-21-2005
I went to prison a boy and came out a man with a sore ass!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
QBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of light
I wonder which direction Honda will go?

Large or small displacement? Either F1 style, BMW (4.5-5.0 litre) style or Domestic style?
Old 07-21-2005

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
I bet NSX will have a small displacement engine. i bet it will put out 330hp-400hp and the car will way around 1150kg making it extremely light power to weight ratio.
In the US the title NSX is dead so it will most likely be known along the lines as the "HSC"

that is all I have to say, good day...
I got my resources

Last edited by WhiteCastle; 07-21-2005 at 07:41 PM.
Old 07-21-2005
Se7enCyrus Racing/Motorsports

SevenCyrus will become famous soon enoughSevenCyrus will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by WhiteCastle
sweet car, but z06 is a sports car.. Talking about super cars =)
The blue devil isnt official yet if you mean that
ZO6 Ownz the NSX(current) in every aspect.
Old 07-21-2005

Originally Posted by SevenCyrus
ZO6 Ownz the NSX(current) in every aspect.
ya I just didnt want to rub it in to these honda loving fans >.>
not just the z06'
the c6 in general lol
Old 07-21-2005
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
yeah let me tell ya. im sobbing. it takes a vette twice the displacement to own a nsx. give me a break.
Old 07-21-2005

SevenCyrus will become famous soon enoughSevenCyrus will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by MajinB
yeah let me tell ya. im sobbing. it takes a vette twice the displacement to own a nsx. give me a break.
Im a import guy all the way, if i could choose between a vette or a nsx i would choose nsx.(being i dont pay, bc nsx price is rediculous). But facts are facts, and the vette is a ****ing amazing car, for price the bang u get is like nothing else.
Old 07-22-2005
Registered!!

gotarheels03 is an unknown quantity at this point
I just hope it handles as well as the current NSX. NSX's arent really fast, but they show their true colors out on a roadcourse.
Old 07-22-2005

QBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of light

Displacement has nothing to do with it really. That's just a fanboy excuse. The fact of the matter is, the NSX was always outperformed in everyway by the z06.
Old 07-22-2005
Since 2002 Baby!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

chicohonda02 has a spectacular aura aboutchicohonda02 has a spectacular aura about
I heard NSX was being discontinued
Old 07-22-2005
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by QBoi
Displacement has nothing to do with it really. That's just a fanboy excuse. The fact of the matter is, the NSX was always outperformed in everyway by the z06.
um displacement has somethings to do with it. if you put a v6 from gm into the vette it would own nothing but 4 bangers that are n/a. give me a break. i am not denying in anyway that the vette is not better than an nsx, but don't say that the motor has nothing to do with it. yes displacement has alot to do with it when its american cars.
Old 07-22-2005
I wish I was asian

cambo has a spectacular aura aboutcambo has a spectacular aura about
um displacement has somethings to do with it. if you put a v6 from gm into the vette it would own nothing but 4 bangers that are n/a. give me a break. i am not denying in anyway that the vette is not better than an nsx, but don't say that the motor has nothing to do with it. yes displacement has alot to do with it when its american cars.
you can't blame GM for putting the right engine into the vette.

You can blame honda for not updating the car for 15 years.

15 years ago, the v6 might have been okay, not today.
Old 07-23-2005
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
I don't know if I want to call it blaming Honda. Afterall, the NSX is a great car. They probably want to do something similar to what Ferrari does. They don't update cars, they replace them. That way, the NSX will always be remembered as a V6, while whatever replaces it will have a bigger engine.
Old 07-23-2005
7thgen Terminator Ninja

booba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by chicohonda02
I heard NSX was being discontinued
yea this is the succesor
Old 07-23-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by cambo
you can't blame GM for putting the right engine into the vette.

You can blame honda for not updating the car for 15 years.

15 years ago, the v6 might have been okay, not today.

not really. the NSX was always a small MR car. V6 is a good engine for MR if you want light and nimble. which the car is. its a track car. not a straight line car. ok?
why does everyone think that today you need super straight line speed in a car to compete with the other cars in its class? it doesnt. the NSX is perfect at what it is supposed to be. its a fun, easy to drive, SUPERCAR.
Old 07-24-2005

Originally Posted by diskreet
not really. the NSX was always a small MR car. V6 is a good engine for MR if you want light and nimble. which the car is. its a track car. not a straight line car. ok?
why does everyone think that today you need super straight line speed in a car to compete with the other cars in its class? it doesnt. the NSX is perfect at what it is supposed to be. its a fun, easy to drive, SUPERCAR.

But again, it was outperformed by the z06. It outdrove A ferrari, back in the day. Then Ferrari got their act together and right away left the NSX in the dust. The z06 is cheaper, the body is pretty much made with the same materials I believe, and goes around the track faster. It's faster in a straight line and in the corners.
Old 07-24-2005

Errr what? The Corvette has a v8. Why the hell would you stick a v6 into it?

Displacement doesn't have anything to do with it because what it all comes down to is horsepower and torque. The average buyer will look at all performance aspects and see if the price is worth it. Ever wonder why the NSX sells next to nothing? Because a lot of cars at a cheaper price range can outperform it. Efficiency is great and all, it's amazing that Honda can get 240 hp out of a 2 liter, but most buyers won't even know what that means.

Domestic cars are less "efficient" when it comes down to HP/L, but they still out perform some Japanese cars.

Don't get me wrong, I am a huge Honda fan, and I plan on buying nothing but Honda's in my life, but your argument is meaningless. In a way, it's like the arguement, "The SRT-4 would be nothing without a turbo" It doesn't really matter that Domestic cars use displacement to gain additional power, its just an alternate way.
Old 07-24-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
But again, it was outperformed by the z06. It outdrove A ferrari, back in the day. Then Ferrari got their act together and right away left the NSX in the dust. The z06 is cheaper, the body is pretty much made with the same materials I believe, and goes around the track faster. It's faster in a straight line and in the corners.
true but I think the cost is justified by the fact that:
Z06 = sports car
NSX = supercar

I know its overpriced a LOT but its the name, the legend, and the history that keep the nsx at that price point. i dunno why really, but its not changing ever so there is no use complaining
Old 07-24-2005

Originally Posted by diskreet
true but I think the cost is justified by the fact that:
Z06 = sports car
NSX = supercar

I know its overpriced a LOT but its the name, the legend, and the history that keep the nsx at that price point. i dunno why really, but its not changing ever so there is no use complaining

Why is the NSX a supercar if a mere sports car outperforms it? If I had infinite money, I would buy an NSX to leave in my garage forever, and drive around a z06 all day. I dunno your definition of supercar. I personally think the NSX WAS a supercar 15 years ago. Now it's the sports coupe.
Old 07-25-2005
My rectum hurts........

If you wanna talk displacement and handling and looks and price get a Porsche.......
Old 07-25-2005

Porsche are over-priced to the maxxx.
Old 07-25-2005
My rectum hurts........

You can get a clean one for well under 60k
Old 07-25-2005
Registered!!

skarteez is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by jhonsok
Thats crazy.
I remember watching a race on the net, i forget what it was called, but it was racing a bunch of excotic cars.
Murculago (spelling), Ferrari F50, Porsche (i think it was a 911 Turbo), but anyways NSX was also one of the cars in the race.
All of those cars had the power advantage by at least 150+HP. However the NSX took the corners faster, and far better than all the cars listed above. but in straightaways it lost, but it still kept up with the competition, i beleive the F50 won the race.
I really hope it doesnt lose that balance, becuase the NSX was a almost perfect if not perfectly balanced car..and with a V10..i dont know what to expect.
Except maybe it'll be $190K+ Canadian dollars. hahaha..or maybe even more ?
YYYYEP! Saw that race as well. It was one of the BestMOTORing supercar races. Lineup was a Ferrari F50, Porsche 911 GT2, Honda NSX-R, Porsche 911 Turbo, Gembela-tuned 996 Bi-Turbo, Lamborghini Murcielago, i think that's it, all on Sugo Circuit in Japan.

There's also another race on Suzuka Long course with the NSX-R, Lambo Gallardo AND Murcielago, BMW M3 CSL SMG, Porsche 911Turbo, Ferrari 360 Modena. NSX-R was in front, followed by the Murc. and Gallardo. Lost due to overheat of its motor in the last few seconds of the race. 1-2 finish for the lambos.
Old 07-25-2005
Registered!!

skarteez is an unknown quantity at this point
Errr what? The Corvette has a v8. Why the hell would you stick a v6 into it?

Displacement doesn't have anything to do with it because what it all comes down to is horsepower and torque. The average buyer will look at all performance aspects and see if the price is worth it. Ever wonder why the NSX sells next to nothing? Because a lot of cars at a cheaper price range can outperform it. Efficiency is great and all, it's amazing that Honda can get 240 hp out of a 2 liter, but most buyers won't even know what that means.

Domestic cars are less "efficient" when it comes down to HP/L, but they still out perform some Japanese cars.

Don't get me wrong, I am a huge Honda fan, and I plan on buying nothing but Honda's in my life, but your argument is meaningless. In a way, it's like the arguement, "The SRT-4 would be nothing without a turbo" It doesn't really matter that Domestic cars use displacement to gain additional power, its just an alternate way.
yep, it is an alternate way.

oh yeah, and another reason why the NSX sells next to nothing is due to its REEEALLY low output volume. Hand-built, very few cars turned out per year. yeah, most buyers won't know what's so special with that $90k price tag, but it dont matter. sales isnt a big thing for the NSX.
Old 07-25-2005

Originally Posted by Mustang5.0HO
You can get a clean one for well under 60k
Is that a fact. I wouldnt buy a porshe though if i had 50K
Old 07-25-2005
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
Why is the NSX a supercar if a mere sports car outperforms it? If I had infinite money, I would buy an NSX to leave in my garage forever, and drive around a z06 all day. I dunno your definition of supercar. I personally think the NSX WAS a supercar 15 years ago. Now it's the sports coupe.
you answered your own Q there, you would buy it and leave it in the garage.
Old 07-25-2005

Originally Posted by CuRiOuSfIsH
you answered your own Q there, you would buy it and leave it in the garage.
a garage queen does not justify a super car
Old 07-26-2005

In the supercar area, Ferrari owns, no question. Those cars are made for the street, not the garage.

Quick Reply: V10 in next NSX