General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Change of Heart

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005
My rectum hurts........

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mustang5.0HO is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Change of Heart

My friend just bought a 05 Mustang and he had a S2000 before hand....He did a comparison and thought id share it with you guys........

After owning the GT for almost a week, let me give a little review on this car and a comparison between the hated S.

Styling:
I love how the GT looks, I've seen alot of 05 GT's around here but NONE of them have the bullitts. So I guess I'm one of the first in my town. The paintjob on the car just shines in the sun. The S2000 was a fancy looking mini-car but I've always regreted getting the baby blue-barbie girl color. The S2000 was very easy to clean ...well, because there wasn't much to clean. But the looks of the GT is "beast like", not "let's go shopping like". The GT wins.

Performance:
I don't care what you guys say about the S2000, that thing will FLY if you redline it. The top end on those cars are just crazy. I raced my friend with a 13.3 sec 93 coupe on the interstate from a high roll and we were dead even. Down low though, the S was a complete TURD. After test driving the GT, I knew why I truly miss the Mustang - the low end torque and the "gas it and go" factor. I just love how I can give it gas at 2K and the thing throws me in the back of the seat. I'm breaking the car in, so I haven't gone up no more than 4K on the car yet but the GT feels really strong. I would say it's relatively close to the Mach actually.

Second thing, I've only barked 2nd in the S a few times. Not a problem in the GT at all. For street driving and getting around town, the Mustang is alot more fun to drive with it's torquey V8. Unless I was on the interstate 24-7, the S might come in handy. The Mustang wins.

Handling:
The S2000 was probably the best handling car I've ever rode in. Honestly, after driving the 05, I knew there must be plently of changes to do before it gets anywhere close to the go-kart S. The most fun I've had in the S was going fast around corners and not worry about breaking loose, or oversteering. Imagine a car with no body roll, and you got the perfect handling car. I will miss that but with some suspension mods on the 05, I'm sure I can improve the ok handling of the car. The S wins.

Interior:
The S's interior never felt complete to me. There was a big dash, instrument cluster, 3 AC vents, steering wheel, seats, cd player and a shifter. All the things you need but not all the things you would want as a practical car. The 05's interior will give a run for it's money compared to a nice luxury car's interior. With the IUP (interior upgrade package), you can have the nicest BLING interior. Remember the feeling you got when you see a stock SN95 interior? Yea, you won't get that in the new mustang. It could use a tiny bit of dressing up, but that's all. The MyColor feature on the car is awesome, everybody goes crazy whenever I show them. The 05's interior is the shizzle.

Cons on the S:
-The passanger seat was horrible, no room what so ever. I felt bad for a bigger sized friend(s).
-Theres no room for anything! If I have a passanger with me, and we stop at a store to get drinks. I would have to hold the drink or make him hold it because it would get in the way if I put it in the cupholder.
-I can't lean the seat back which means no road head
-1 disc cd player
-"Who's blue Miata is that?" <I hated that

Cons on the 05:
-The seatbelt is too far behind the seat, takes a little effort. Just takes getting use to it I guess.
-The Shaker500 loads a lot slower than the S. Between some songs, it will pause instead of going straight through the next song.
-Gas milage

Overall:
I'm so glad I got the 05. I am now completely satisfied with my car. I bought the Honda as a repulsive buy, and regreted having it months later. The 05 gives me the "badass" feeling I could never get in that barbie car. Of course, no car is perfect but I can live with that. The new Mustang is the perfect combination of the old badass plus a little luxury. The car runs 13's stock, 300HP and it's got a motor ready for mods to make it even faster. You just can't go wrong with that. Some of my import friends disagree with me getting the new mustang, saying it's a downgrade but I tell them, "Have you ever owned a S2000? Ok shut up, don't tell me I should keep the S2000. The 05 will whoop the S2000 with no hesitation." If you're debating on getting a new Mustang, the 05 is just plain awesome.

He had a Mach 1 before he had the s2000
Old 07-14-2005
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
So he wasn't sure about what he wanted when he bought it?

I wouldn't reccommend the S2000 as a daily commuter. Its more of a weekend vehicle/summer toy.

It seems like he's happy now. But there are a lot more Mustangs out, so that will not look great when you see a ton of them everywhere.
Old 07-14-2005
My rectum hurts........

Originally Posted by CivicsRdBest
So he wasn't sure about what he wanted when he bought it?

I wouldn't reccommend the S2000 as a daily commuter. Its more of a weekend vehicle/summer toy.

It seems like he's happy now. But there are a lot more Mustangs out, so that will not look great when you see a ton of them everywhere.
yeah im with you on that one...But then again a v8 wouldnt be nice as a daily commuter also because of gas...
Old 07-14-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

djmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nice
-I can't lean the seat back which means no road head
now i'm never gonna get an s2k
Old 07-14-2005

silverem2 is a jewel in the roughsilverem2 is a jewel in the roughsilverem2 is a jewel in the rough
where is s2000man to chime in.....
Old 07-14-2005
My rectum hurts........

Originally Posted by silverem2
where is s2000man to chime in.....
ya I kinda wanna hear what he has to say about it too...
Old 07-14-2005
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Ya know, i've never been a real mustang fan, or a Ford fan for that matter. They've allways made pretty good engines though... its the chassis that they were bolted to that were questionable (Worked on way too many of them, and seen how they were bolted together for me to ever want one...not pretty). That being said, the new mustang would probably be the only one I would consider owning (Non-Vintage that is). Even still, I'd rather have the S2000, but more for the Weekend fun Track time then any thing. If it were a daily driver.... not sure if I'd enjoy it as much, but still i'd be fun. Depends on what you're looking for in a car I guess, Low end torque would be nice, but its not all that important for what I would be doing with the car.
Old 07-14-2005
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
i agree, the new gt is nice, looks awesome, and from what i have heard has power. but in its stock form, im sure that even if the gt could "whoop" ("whoop" meaning straight line) the s2k, the s2k would still outhandle it. then theres the v8 mpg, and the general reliability of ford engines vs. honda engines.
Old 07-14-2005
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
personally I would have gone with a 350z grunt, reliability, space, and massive grip
its basically got it all...
Old 07-14-2005
My rectum hurts........

Originally Posted by WhiteCastle
personally I would have gone with a 350z grunt, reliability, space, and massive grip
He had a 12 sec Mach 1 and he had a 03 Cobra but he crashed it....he also had a 02 SS.....so went from all those cars to a S2000 so It was a big change for him.
Old 07-14-2005
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
and yet some how the S2000 still out performs it Stock to stock.
Old 07-14-2005
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
now I wouldnt say it out performs it. Sure it handles better but the z is faster. The z is a little good at everything which is what makes it a great car
Old 07-14-2005
O RLY

S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Mustang5.0HO
ya I kinda wanna hear what he has to say about it too...
to me it sounds like he definitely made the best decision for him.

several comments such as "no room" and "1 disc cd player" and "daily driving" etc, make me believe that the S certainly is not the car for him.

I don't agree with his styling choice, but that's expected. styling is subjective to personal taste. nobody has ever said to me "hey that car makes me want to go shopping" lol.

Interior I don't necessarily agree on, as to me the 05 mustang GT interior feels "cheap" compared to my interior. it may look "bling" but that doesn't mean it still isn't "cheap" feeling. but again, this can be subjective.

so far I have not seen an 05 GT run faster than 13.7, so it seems more like a driver's race. in fact, the last 2 guys at the track were running between 14.1-14.4

IMO yes it is a downgrade. However, he got the car that better fits his needs. the car does not fit someone who isn't willing to make the sacrifices for such a sports car as the S2000. it's considered a true enthusiast's car for a reason.

My S2000 is the only car I drive, so it's my daily driver. and i've never had a problem with the small compromises I've had to make.

so to your friend. sounds like he got the car that better fits his needs.

oh, and road head is no problem. i get it all the time from my girl.
Old 07-14-2005
O RLY

S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
now I wouldnt say it out performs it. Sure it handles better but the z is faster. The z is a little good at everything which is what makes it a great car
the 2 cars are equal in the 1/4 mile.
Old 07-14-2005
My rectum hurts........

Originally Posted by S2000man01
to me it sounds like he definitely made the best decision for him.

several comments such as "no room" and "1 disc cd player" and "daily driving" etc, make me believe that the S certainly is not the car for him.

I don't agree with his styling choice, but that's expected. styling is subjective to personal taste. nobody has ever said to me "hey that car makes me want to go shopping" lol.

Interior I don't necessarily agree on, as to me the 05 mustang GT interior feels "cheap" compared to my interior. it may look "bling" but that doesn't mean it still isn't "cheap" feeling. but again, this can be subjective.

so far I have not seen an 05 GT run faster than 13.7, so it seems more like a driver's race. in fact, the last 2 guys at the track were running between 14.1-14.4

IMO yes it is a downgrade. However, he got the car that better fits his needs. the car does not fit someone who isn't willing to make the sacrifices for such a sports car as the S2000. it's considered a true enthusiast's car for a reason.

My S2000 is the only car I drive, so it's my daily driver. and i've never had a problem with the small compromises I've had to make.

so to your friend. sounds like he got the car that better fits his needs.

oh, and road head is no problem. i get it all the time from my girl.
From the man himself
Old 07-16-2005
Registered!!

cwick187 is an unknown quantity at this point
My girlfriend just bought a 05 stang...It's really fun to drive due to the output of the engine, but that's where it ends for me...I really liked the styling at first, but now it's just boring as I have gotten used to looking at it...I also agree with S2000mans comment on how the interior feels/looks cheap. My friend has a 04 S2000 and I love everything about that car..It has awesome top-end, handles like it's on rails (from the factory) and has the best gearing of probably any car made..(JMO) I have driven both the new mustang and 04 S2000 and for me, it's the s2000 all the way..Just my 2 cents
Old 07-16-2005
RESIDENT ROTOR HEAD

nookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of light
Hmmm, the last few days of ownership have been pure joy for me. I'm glad I have my 8 though for utility, room, and comfort with a very S2K-ish personality.