General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Do you ever wonder?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mykel115 is an unknown quantity at this point
Do you ever wonder?

Do you ever wonder? what kind of set up Police car have. Cuz when they are cruising on the freeway the next thing you know they were gone I mean their fast. I mean when you like doin 80 mph on a traffic flow. And you see this cop on a carpool lane speeding that will blow you away whoa! But their engine is real quiet you can't hardly hear any noise! They are like in a stealth mode or something
Old 01-27-2002
Registered!!

Amphiprion is an unknown quantity at this point
I think cop cars have a nick-name: KITT (Knight Industries Two Thousand)
Old 01-27-2002
Registered!!

Belle is an unknown quantity at this point
i know what you're talking about. i was driving late at night and the freeway was totaly empty. this chp rolls up next to me and we're going about 90. he looks at me and shakes his head no, so i start to pull over thinking ticket. before i move a single lane over he's already a quarter mile ahead of me, and i had only slowed down 5 mph. i was like... damn, i want a motorcycle like that.
Old 01-27-2002
LJ
Fernando The Donkey Lover

LJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Most older (93-96??) have gmc chevy 350 LT1 with the police intercpetor package, with no cat runnin about 300 hp at the wheels. in the south they are starting to use Pontiac GTP (supercharged) with the police interceptor package, no cats, performance chip etc. Police, except maybe in cali, don't have emissions laws
Old 01-27-2002
Registered!!

nbpEMCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
around here in Houston they got new Impallas...plus we got the state troopers that have Cameros ...
Old 01-27-2002
Registered!!

Here in cali some Used car sell 2nd hand Poice car I dont know if they still have the same set up on the real police car but I want to have one. Anyway they just take of the Police badge and they still have the Black and white color with them. And sometimes they still have the the Fog Light on the side mirror
Old 01-27-2002
Giggity Giggity

Dakker is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes I know about these blasted GTP's My Girlfriends nextdoor neighbor drives one, he just got it, those things are allready fast as hell, now they are unmarked speedDEMONS Grrr.

One cop, I say one cuz I'm not sure if there are anymore, drives a '99 Teggy type R yellow with altezzas exhaust all that crap, he pulled up to us one night and steps out in his uniform, we were all like[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG] Needless to say we left promptly an no longer race yellow teggy's with altezzas.
Old 01-28-2002
Registered!!

SatinSilver2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
he was probably an undercover agent..haha
in canada some po run corvette's..especially in BC around Whistler....
Old 01-28-2002
Registered!!

SatinSilver2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
i know that in germany some po also run BMW M5's...like the 400hp ones..
haha
Old 01-28-2002
Retired - SoCal FI Mod

iamboo is on a distinguished road
man whatcha guys talkin' about it not being loud and all... have you ever seen the show COPS??? man when they rev that thing it's like gRrrrrrRRRR!!!!~~ i guess that's only cause it's from inside the car.... the bikes i know are supercharged... you can hear em as they roll by.... and another reason why you can't hear the roar from the police cars is your stereo's are up too loud.... not only that... you guys got loud *** intakes and exhausts blairing the whole time too.... i dunno... just my thoughts...
Old 01-28-2002
Registered!!

You got it wrong dude I was driving a family van when the cops pass by and theres no way I can put some Large speaker and Big exhaust on it. It's a family van well said
Old 01-28-2002
Registered!!

Diznavis is an unknown quantity at this point
theres an impala cop here too. looks pretty funny with cop lights on it [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

theres also a minivan cop. havent seen that in a while though
Old 01-28-2002
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
I always thought they put corvette engines in the crown vics that cruise around. But i could be wrong.
Old 01-28-2002
Turbo Member

RiceBuRNeR will become famous soon enoughRiceBuRNeR will become famous soon enough
Ok I **** you not, There is a V10 powered state interceptor over here in MD. My friend works for the local dealership that changes the oil for the police, he told me about it and I drove to the dealership just to see it. The officer that drives it said he had to complete a special training program just to be able to drive it. He also said that once he clocked a street bike at over 150 mph on the bypass (our version of a freeway) and cought him in under 3 miles.
Old 01-28-2002
Registered!!

UncleB is an unknown quantity at this point
cops have to have some muscle in their car to be able to catch up with the bad guys. I have a few cop friends. I am goins to ask them if I can look under the hood.
Old 01-28-2002
Registered!!

Belle is an unknown quantity at this point

<< I always thought they put corvette engines in the crown vics that cruise around. But i could be wrong. >>

in cali they did, probably still do, put corvette engines in. but those cars have a lot more than that, almost 80 grand dropped into the car. that's all after they buy the car, and with their "government discount". but i've never seen an undercover cop in a teg or anything like that.
Old 01-28-2002
Registered!!

LOWBOY is an unknown quantity at this point
As we all know, police cars get alot of miles put on them every year. Every 2-3 years, depending on the miles, they will put new engines in them. Unless its an older car, they would probably strip it and junk it. A cop at Discount Tire Company told me he had a 351 in it with a twin turbo setup, and this was in a newer Crown Victoria. We were both pulling out at the same time and I caught up to him at a stoplight. This was at the time in which a had my T-bird around 3 years ago. I asked him if he wanted to race to 40 and he laughed. So, we both did and he had my *** by the time I was doing 10mph.
Old 01-28-2002
Registered!!

racinginindy is an unknown quantity at this point
LJ,
I beg to differ, Police all over the US have emissions laws. My uncle is a state policeman here in Indiana and I have seen his car and Yes, it has cats. The main reason they are so fast is.......they all have V8 engines under the hood and most people have a 4 banger or a 6 shooter.

Old 01-29-2002
Registered!!

QCKSILVR is an unknown quantity at this point
We have 2000 and up Crown Vic PI's (Police Interceptors) at work...available new only to municipalities. I believe they have supercharged V8s, however they are very quiet. All of our cars, even the new ones, rack up the miles fast, probably because of all of the driving around. They also have heavy duty electrical systems for all of the toys inside.

BTW--As far as emissions, I believe that is a federal requirement for all motor vehicles, even police cars. The term "California Emissions" is just a type of emissions (the strictest...) , not necessarily exclusive to CA...for instance all cars in my state, NY, must meet California Emissions standards to pass annual inspection....[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-29-2002
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about
Worlds Fastest Police Sedans
This site has info on fast po-po's but not much info on the differences between their real world counterparts. NC has M5's!!!
Old 01-29-2002
Registered!!

PerfectD3 is an unknown quantity at this point
My dad is a deputy. They have Ford Crown Vitorias. He said they just bump 25 more horse than stock, have braided steel lines, and other crap that makes them more durable...yet, they are still [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG] Fords!
Old 01-29-2002
Registered!!

Snowman is an unknown quantity at this point
I remember reading this article in Motor Trend about what police in Germany drive. They drive these nice Audi A6's.