General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

alignment problem? please help

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ramen is an unknown quantity at this point
alignment problem? please help

Ok I just discovered this problem when i drove my car today. When I was driving, I turned my steering wheel slightly to the left and the car still went straight. I would need it to turn it even more to the left so the car would go leftward. There was no problem with turning right. I am just wondering, coz last night I was trying to drift the car in the snow and I accidentaly hit the curb with my right front wheel and that was after I turned the steerling wheel all the way to the left. So, would that be the problem that caused this? Is this called a alignment problem?? How can I fix this? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-27-2002
Registered!!

ummm hello?
Old 01-27-2002
spoiledsteph

yeah it might be an alignment problem...anytime your tires hit a curb or a really big pothole, it can throw the alignment. just take it and get it aligned, and it should drive straight. you should do this every 5-10k miles, i think. that way your tires won't get bad so often.
Old 01-27-2002
Giggity Giggity

Dakker is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah Id take it up to wal-mart and let them have a go at it.
Old 01-27-2002
Registered!!

thanx guys
Old 01-27-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mohawkboom is an unknown quantity at this point
That's not an alignment problem that's a warm Tie rod, or worn ball joint by the way it sounds.. If you driving straight and you let go of the steering wheel does it pull in any direction.. or stay straight?.. if it stays straights it's warn/ defectove parts.. if it pulls it's alignment
Old 01-28-2002
Registered!!

well my car goes straight when my steerling wheel is slightly to the left
so waht problem is that?
Old 01-28-2002
RESIDENT ROTOR HEAD

nookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of light

<< That's not an alignment problem that's a warm Tie rod, or worn ball joint by the way it sounds.. If you driving straight and you let go of the steering wheel does it pull in any direction.. or stay straight?.. if it stays straights it's warn/ defectove parts.. if it pulls it's alignment >>

Actually, this sounds like a Toe issue. I am a Hummer mechanic, and I see this problem all the time. IF you hit a curb, that means you may have knocked the wheel off it's axis slightly. imagine that when you are stopped, your wheels are always straight, so when you drive forward they stay straight. If you knocked it so it's off balance, then one wheel would have to turn and adjust itself to go in a straight line that the transmission and other wheel are forcing it to go in, hence your steering wheel is slightly turned when you drive in a straight line. Don't always assume that if it doesn't pull it's not the alignment. Alignment deals with much more than just a pull in the steering, it involves camber, caster, and toe. Take it down to Honda, and have it realigned.