General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

200 horsepower w/bolt-ons

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
classact307 is an unknown quantity at this point
If you want 200hp with bolt ons... bolt on a small block 350 and make rear wheel drive...I ran a 100 hp shot of nitrous for all day long man...no internal problems at all. Cut your drive belts and strip your car then you might keep up with my small blocked 01 ex. Any questions.. PM me. Simple solution for imports... want more power, bolt a small block in it and strap a blower on it, let the blower stick through the hood.
Old 06-07-2005
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
i got CAI, header, megan downpipe, no res., pulleys and cam gear. and i put down 122hp. hahah
Old 06-07-2005
Life Begins > 6800rpms
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
haha i hope you dont have an auto, then you are even further from your goal.
Old 06-07-2005
AKA Mr. 60ft. Not to be confused with Civic_Redline

Redline04 is an unknown quantity at this point
I only made 111whp and 105ft-lbs with I/H/E and crank pulley on a 90 degree day. Dx model though. Sorry man 200whp with boltons just isn't gonna happen.
Old 06-07-2005
xam
snooty patooty partier

xam has a spectacular aura aboutxam has a spectacular aura aboutxam has a spectacular aura about
i hope u dont have a auto. easiest way to get alot of horsepower to any engine is 3 things: turbo/supercharger, nitrous, or up the compression. u raise the compression and adding alot of fuel and air also dont forget the spark.
Old 06-07-2005
Registered!!

drjvic04 is on a distinguished road
Dont know from experience. But how about a return fuel line setup, ex head swap,emanage,lightweight wheel tire combo, stage I or II clutch,lightened flywheel, gude cams,titanium valve springs, port the intake runners,a wing and a prayer. Same price as a turbo...not nearly as fun. IMO
Old 06-07-2005
Registered!!

LayinLo is an unknown quantity at this point
drjvic04, could you do this and later turbo?

Would it be better to beef up internals and go straight to turbo?
Old 06-07-2005
xam
snooty patooty partier

xam has a spectacular aura aboutxam has a spectacular aura aboutxam has a spectacular aura about
a wing. haha

just turbo with 8psi and u will be happy. i am sure
Old 06-07-2005

Mishkautkin is an unknown quantity at this point
on 1.7 you can not make more than 170 hp withought boarging it out. it is physically impossible (unless there is forced induction)
Old 06-07-2005
Godlike member

ex_03 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by S2000man01
you'll have to build the engine, change ECU's, etc to get the kind of power you are looking for n/a.
A little off but what do you think getting or head (d17a2) ported and polished would do? or getting the compression ratio a little higher? I ask becuase I dont know much either. thanks bro.
Old 06-07-2005
Registered!!

nick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to behold
i got a 2 fast 2 furious sticker on my bumper it made my 01 lx way faster
Old 06-07-2005
O RLY

S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
porting and polishing depends. each engine is different. it also depends upon what other mods you're running with it. with a properly built engine, a port and polish job could get you another 20hp or more. raising the compression ratio is a tough one. if you make a big jump to say 11.5:1 you'd need to run premium fuel, and should probably get tuned, as well as an aftermarket ecu for air/fuel management. plus something that will let you advance your timing.
Old 06-07-2005
the Rage

neocivic01 is an unknown quantity at this point
just get an engine swap done
Old 06-07-2005
Godlike member

Thanks 2000man, thats what I was wanting to know! I asked you becuase I know you have done like all of that to your car.
Old 06-07-2005
Godlike member

Originally Posted by neocivic01
just get an engine swap done
Anybody can do that, I think the main reason the guy asked in the first place was to stand out, its impressive when someone can get sick horsepower out of a motor that most people laugh at! Thats why Im interested in what is said on this as well. Its takes innovation and know how as well to do this, If someone has money they can just buy a faster car to begin with.
Old 06-07-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
with ALOT of mods, you will be able to get a manual up to 140whp with tuning. With all the money you spend, you could buy a stock si.
Old 06-07-2005
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by gearbox
with ALOT of mods, you will be able to get a manual up to 140whp with tuning. With all the money you spend, you could buy a stock si.
buy a stock Si, eh? ... you mean like $19,000?
Old 06-08-2005
Registered!!

mrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura about
this thread made me look at the aem dyno hahahaha.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	hp.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	55215   Click image for larger version

Name:	torque.jpg
Views:	395
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	55216  
Old 06-08-2005
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
wow thats terrible.
Old 06-08-2005
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
$100 per horsepower. what a great way to market something.
Old 06-08-2005
Registered!!

senseiturtle is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok, something is TERRIBLY wrong with that civic's dyno... That torque line is about as smooth as the Himalayas.

Looks like they slapped the intake on without resetting the ECU, or not letting the car adjust to the new airflow.
Old 06-08-2005
Premium Member

rofl I noticed that too. As for more hp, you guys need to watch fast and the furious again when they list all the stuff done to the fast eclipse. turbo, 7 speed tranny, cool air intake, direct port nos, stand alone engine managment system.
Old 06-08-2005
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
and the alum. floormat(?) flying out the car for weight reduction
Old 06-08-2005
Registered!!

Civic707Style is an unknown quantity at this point
we have the kind of cars that can LOOK really really fast, but they go really really slow! ha ha I'm not kidding! If you like to spend money on things that don't really add much to your hp, then by all means mod it out. I was once like you not that long ago, looking for any bolt on to help my poor AT EX...but really, there isn't much other than a turbo, nitrous or helping push from God that will make our cars tickle 200. Just make it look nice first, then save up for an engine swap and/or a turbo...you can always play with the sound system too if speed and engine tuning isn't your thing although the plastic panels rattle like a *****!
Old 06-08-2005
my civic has no boost

hotrodcivic2004 should not be trusted
u wont get 150 bhp out of bolt ons......barely 140.
Old 06-08-2005
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
wtf? ok i said not only bolt ons!!!!!!!! non-internal engine mods. read guys. no i'm not gonna leave cause they are being stupid towards me. i just really wanted to know. i have alist. here then tell me what you think. underdrive pulley. new flywheel, stage 2 cluthch. oh yeah its a stick! cia , cat back exhaust , iridium plugs, better spark pulg wires, bigger tbi, better exhaust manifold, diffent head gasket to get the compression higher. if i wanter to talk about internal stuff i would change EVERYTHING. cams lifters, high comp pistions piston rods new oil pan , pump, injectors injector rails i mean everything. springs valves everything. but i want suggestions for external only. yeah bold on super/turbocharger works as long as no internal engine stuff is changed. i'm listening guys thanx.
Old 06-08-2005
Registered!!

Civic707Style is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile

Originally Posted by MajinB
so here the thing yall. i was talking to these guys and i have a 01 civic ex. d17a2 motor. yall know the rest. i am thinking that i could get my car to 200 hp to the wheels woth a few things. these random guys said there was no way with just bolt ons. i figure intake, exhaust, inderdrive pulleys, a light flywheels and some other things it could be done. i also wanted to play with the ignition system to help out too. i want to get the 200 hp without modifying the internal engine. so like a header would be ok. any suggestions? would be greatly appriciatted. thanx
I do believe that if you re-read your initial post, you would find that it sounds like you have no clue about tuning. Especially when you refer to the people you talk to about Civics as "random guys" (are these bums, mechanics, friends or what?) and then end the post with "so like a header would be ok." We are not trying to attack you, but when you post stuff like that your just asking for some sarcastic replies. Your last post was what you should have said in the first place, obviously you know what your talking about -or- your just regurgitating what you heard from more "random guys". Nobody wants you to leave; we just want you to articulate your question so that we know exactly what you are asking. Just some friendly advice for any future posts you want to put on here. If you have the money, then go ahead and post how your progress is going. Hope to hear from you in the future.
Old 06-08-2005
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
no way
Old 06-09-2005
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
hey when i said random guys i really meant two random guys that i had never met in my life or have ever talked to. i didn't mean to sound pissed. just responding to whats said. and ok so the way i put up my question the words so like is not helping. good point. i'm not regurgitating i'm really wanting to make this happen. i'm in the research stage right now. i can handle sarcasm with the help. notice how i cannot spell the word appreciatte. lol
Old 06-09-2005
Premium Member

1. underdrive pulley is dangerous
2. our cars don't have plug wires

Quick Reply: 200 horsepower w/bolt-ons