General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Any info on evo???? dc/greddy.....2hrs.

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
trevor is an unknown quantity at this point
Any info on evo???? dc/greddy.....2hrs.

I have APPT. for dc tcs in 2 hrs to get put on..........
anyone have any info on the greddy evo coming out??????????

i dont know what to do now???????
help
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-24-2002
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
Greddy Evolution exhaust is out for the 2 door and 4 door. Try typing in greddy as the keyword for the search, select all forums, and browse away. The Parts section of this site has it listed as well.
Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

civicsuper store says no go on that......for the coupe[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

my shop said its not out either
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

NeoMagus is an unknown quantity at this point
both of your sources are dumb as $hit. I have the evo on my coupe - I can get em for 549 through my local import performance store.
Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

well what the hell is antidote talkin about???? and my shop??? and the online sources here................fck....
well how is it??????
Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

antidote11 is an unknown quantity at this point
What am I talking about......I'm talking about the Greddy EVO that's for the EX coupe, comes
out in the first week in February !! The Greddy EVO WILL be available in the first weeks of February !!
My shop is getting four of them in, and to anyone else who has the EVO on thier coupe...it's not the new one, I can tell you that....
the EVO for the EX Coupe is NOT OUT YET, BUT WILL BE IN THE FIRST WEEK of FEBRUARY. Take a look at the Greddy site...see that TBA on there...that means, Hey man, it's not out yet, but will be soon. Soon = First Week of February. Hope that helps !! : )

Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

sweet thanks bud
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-24-2002
BAK
Registered!!

BAK is an unknown quantity at this point
Antidote11 - you getting it from Jotech ? And how much ? I've got a bonus coming next week for about $800 and would love to get the Greddy EVO.
Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

Yeh, I am getting it at Jotech over here in Dallas.......it is $595 installed and out the door !! 800 dollars will be plenty my man....and them some !! : ) Nice Bonus man !!

and Trevor you have the motegi MR7s ?? I am thinking of getting those in 17" in silver !!
And wrap them in some 215/40-17 Kumho 712's......do they look good when they are spinning ??
Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

they look killer.........ive had a few sets of rims..... i feel my taste is good........
they look nice spinning yes.......
when passing mallls and stores w/ huge windows i cath my self checking em out
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
oh..and i am thinking of 40 series tires too.......18's w/ 35 [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG] man idont know sometimes.....

Old 01-24-2002
BAK
Registered!!

BAK is an unknown quantity at this point
$595 installed ! I'm in ! I've got to go to San Jose next Saturday for 5 days, when I get back I'll drive over there and get one installed. Thanks !
Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

If it comes out in Feburary how come several people including myself have it??? Last time I checked my car was 2 dr and an EX...some ppl are just tellin you BS. Like I said I can get it for 549...if I haggle I can probably get it cheaper, but thats how much I got it for.
Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

htowncivicEX is an unknown quantity at this point
Check on Group Buy Center - I got my GReddo EVO for $460 shipped. There is some company called Auto Image Enhancement in Florida who frequently gives Group Buy discounts of 28% off (or somewhere around there) on GReddy products.
Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

If you guys live on the west coast maybe you guys just get stuff slower than the east coast.

Proof, just for you
Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

I've had the GReddy EVO on my coupe now for a few months now. The version I have (regardless of whether it's the 'true' coupe edition or not) fits perfectly fine. If they are indeed coming out with another version for coupes, I have a hard time picturing what they could do differently to make it fit better.
Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

well put htown...ive had mine on since august, and exactly like you said, if theres another version coming out (which I highly doubt), I dont know what they can do to make it any different.
Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

OK...if you have the Greddy EVO on your coupe EX, then you have the EVO that was made for the 4 door....Sorry, that's the truth, someone lied to you dude !!
The 4 door version does fit on the 2 door, but it doesn't have the ground clearance because of the pipe bends....the one that's coming out in Feb. will fit more snug
under the car providing better ground clearance for the 2 door with a straighter pipe. But hey, we have the same taste in exhausts right ?? : )
So that rocks......

So may i ask....how is it ? : )
Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

no, someone lied to you. I have the two door version, with no bends in the piping, a straight shot to the cat. If you think im lieing Ill go out and take a picture of the pipe? How you like them apples?
Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

excuse the light but it is dark here in PA right now

There are no bends in this piping. As for ground clearance, if they raise the piping any more its going to be inside the cabin...
Old 01-24-2002
Second Place is the First Loser

Hefe is a jewel in the roughHefe is a jewel in the roughHefe is a jewel in the rough
Neo...... take another pic of the piping............

I can't see in the dark [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

Right on....someone lied to somebody.......so anyways, how is it ? Could you feel some gain ?
Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

I can see the piping just fine in those pictures. If you cant then youre gonna have to wait 10 hrs til I wake up tommarow and its light out.

As for performance issues, It feels the same as it did before I got it.(my 2k1 is auto) Only thing thats the difference is the sound. Nice and deep, nothin better. But then again all of the people I know around here have the EVO on there 2k1 coupes, save one, and he only has some knock off muffler (no cat). Let me tell ya if you want someone 3 blocks away to hear you, this is the exhaust to get.
Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

viciousvolpe is an unknown quantity at this point
so u didnt notice any improvment in performance?
Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

Well, for what it's worth, the EVO sure as heck sounds and feels more powerful. I haven't done a before-and-after dyno run, so I can't really substantiate any power gains. But in theory the large-diameter, straightaway piping and big 4" tip would wipe out all backpressure, which would translate to some low-end power loss, some high-end power gain, and the best exhaust to get if you plan to go turbo.

The EVO is pretty darn loud too. Not high-pitched annoyingly loud, but more like a low deep growl. My friend describes it as having a subwoofer underneath your car. When you're accelerating through the gears at wide throttle, you can really hear it scream out. Once you let up on the throttle and start cruising, the noise goes down considerably (which is great because I do tons of 2 and 3 hr road trips).
Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

viciousvolpe is an unknown quantity at this point
and i looked at greddy's web site and they probably r makin one special for the coupes...probably nothin major though...jsut lil things to make it fit a lil better
does anyone knwo if they r makin headers?
Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

so you couldn't feel any difference....that sucks man !! ?? I have an intake and headers, so I'm hoping it will make it all come together...
and that rocks about the sound.....they do sound good and bassy. I wonder why they lied to me about the EVO not coming out till Feb. ??
Hmmmm.....guess I will find out soon enough. So no gain at all...really ??
Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

And Htown.....see you at the Races in march bro !! U gonna be there i assume ??
Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

antidote11

At higher rpms it does feel more powerful, but w/o any hard dyno evidence I can't say for sure whether there's real power gains or if it's just in my head.

As for the races in March, I assume you're referring to the World Import Challenge? If so, I'll definitely be there (as a spectator, not a racer). I'm also planning to drive up to Dallas and then ride with the caravan to Houston.

Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

When is the caravan leaving ??

Quick Reply: Any info on evo???? dc/greddy.....2hrs.