General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Whoo Hooo!! DC installed today!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
trevor is an unknown quantity at this point
Whoo Hooo!! DC installed today!!

Finally,,, ive been waiting for this.....TCS gets installed afterwork!!!!
I hope its all that i expect........
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

Crashoveride is an unknown quantity at this point
Sweet man, post pics after its done, and if you can do a sound clip, that would be cool.

Crashoveride
Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

antidote11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Save your money for a couple of weeks, and get the Greddy EVO...you will be glad you did !!

DC = Looks (only the TCS, but DC rocks otherwise)

Greddy EVO = More Power, deeper sound
Old 01-24-2002
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
Oh yeah? Greddy Evolution provides the best power gains? I like the offset tip for improved ground clearance. The DC Sports has a design that does the same thing. Thumbs up to both brands.
Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

CivicVTec is an unknown quantity at this point
asesome...make sure u post them
Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

To be completely honest.....I have no clue which is more powerful...but based on what I do know is that the
quickest way from point A to point B is a straightline, and the TCS has 2 180 degree turns
and has to run through two muffler cans...and the EVO, goes straight through. I was all ready to buy
the TCS, and my friend over at Jotech said " Hey man, what the fu*ck r u doing....? Get the EVO, it comes out in two weeks...
the DC looks good, but you will get more power gain from the EVO".......

And I know he wasnt't lying to me, because he would have made a $100 more off of me if I went with the DC.
Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

oh yeah??????
i ve heard bout it and its coming up but wasnt sure when?????
soon huh?
I liked the sound of dc
hows the evo?????
i dont want any loud tin canny crap.....and evo is deeper than dc????hmmmm

im calling my shop. thanks guys.
Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

The Greddy EVO has a nice deep tone....I have heard it on previous generation Civics.
It's not ricey at all.......I will be getting mine installed on the 15th of February and will be
posting pics of it for sure !! It will be out in the first week of February !!

Abd as far as sound...I have only heard sound clips of the DC and it sounds BAD ***.....but the EVO seems
to have more of a bassy sound.....more domestic if you will.
Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

nice......i called my shop....i wish somone had some dyno charts

cause if its like 1/2 a horsie i dont give a shet........
cause the dc looks nice but............shet im all screwed up

DCEVO
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-24-2002
Civic Gurlies
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

HondaChic is a jewel in the roughHondaChic is a jewel in the roughHondaChic is a jewel in the roughHondaChic is a jewel in the rough
hmmm should have my dc by next week. I'll post a sound clip when I get it on. I heard someone on here say something about a power loss with the tcs. How true is that?
Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

trickedoutcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Power loss from the TCS is the dumbest thing I think I've ever read on this site. I have had the TCS for a few months and it rocks. I have seen some on this site say they noticed no added power after putting it on but it was the only engine mod they have done. I did Cold air intake and DC header then the exhaust and When I put the exhaust on I noticed a big difference. Also, I hear the greddy is straighter pipe that may give more power but also gives less torque. The DC TCS gives more torque because of the bends. That's what Ive read in posts but am not postive.
Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

SneakerPimp is an unknown quantity at this point
I think I'm gonna get the DC as well
Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

htowncivicEX is an unknown quantity at this point
antidote11 is right on the money. Simple physics dictates that exhaust gases will flow better if the exhaust system has a large enough diameter piping and is as smooth and straight as possible. Pick up any book on turbochargers and flip to the section on exhaust systems (sharp twists and turns are a huge no-no!) The multiple 180-degree twists and turns of the TCS may give it a cool sound and maintain the ULEV rating of the Civic, but there is no scientifically possible way that it can improve performance.
Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

FiresVTEC is an unknown quantity at this point
well if you want the absolute most power the Magnaflow cat back dynoed with the best gains. i havent heard a clip from it though. ive heard the DC, the EVO and the thermal and they all sounds great, im between the EVO and the thermal right now. i think the DC looks sweet, but i want a little more power than that
Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

Unleaded is an unknown quantity at this point
I second the Magnflow. For the price, looks, sound, and quality I think the Magnaflow is worth it. The Magnaflow looks better than the TCS IMO, simply because the tip flows continously out of the muffler, whereas the TCS has an elongated pipe that comes out of the muffler and then forms the tip. But the TCS has that dual muffler design which is cool. As for the EVO, looks good, but hangs too low and the system is not completely all stainless steel.
Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

01IncaPearl is an unknown quantity at this point
This is not meant to sound rude or be mean. What you guys dont understand is that not everyone is worried about getting their civics to push over 130 hp. The bolt ons for our cars will do nothing until some sort of FI is out or you go with Nitrous. The most you will get from the available bolt on's is maybe 5-7 hp. Can you really tell, probably not. Im not trying to flame anyone but you need to realize that our cars are not made for bolt ons to work well. They are designed to look good and get great gas milage. As far as the TCS, EVO, or Thermal goes. I went with the TCS because of the way it looked and didnt hang low to the ground like the EVO. And as far as sounds goes, I didnt care for the sound of the Thermal and didnt want a really loud exhaust, and from the Greddy exhaust systems that I have heard all the ones with a huge canister like the EVO will be to loud and draw attention from the cops. I have been there and had to pay mant tickets for loud exhaust systems in the past on my old car. Not worth it in my opinion. You can ask anyone with the TCS and they will all say the same thing about how it is quiet but it has a nice deep sound throughout the entire RPM range. It's really up to you on which one you want. As far as HP gains go, I wouldnt worry about it with any of the exhaust systems. Now if someone has dynoed their car and can prove me wrong then I would love to see it.
Old 01-24-2002
Second Place is the First Loser

Hefe is a jewel in the roughHefe is a jewel in the roughHefe is a jewel in the rough

<< This is not meant to sound rude or be mean. What you guys dont understand is that not everyone is worried about getting their civics to push over 130 hp. The bolt ons for our cars will do nothing until some sort of FI is out or you go with Nitrous. The most you will get from the available bolt on's is maybe 5-7 hp. Can you really tell, probably not. Im not trying to flame anyone but you need to realize that our cars are not made for bolt ons to work well. They are designed to look good and get great gas milage. As far as the TCS, EVO, or Thermal goes. I went with the TCS because of the way it looked and didnt hang low to the ground like the EVO. And as far as sounds goes, I didnt care for the sound of the Thermal and didnt want a really loud exhaust, and from the Greddy exhaust systems that I have heard all the ones with a huge canister like the EVO will be to loud and draw attention from the cops. I have been there and had to pay mant tickets for loud exhaust systems in the past on my old car. Not worth it in my opinion. You can ask anyone with the TCS and they will all say the same thing about how it is quiet but it has a nice deep sound throughout the entire RPM range. It's really up to you on which one you want. As far as HP gains go, I wouldnt worry about it with any of the exhaust systems. Now if someone has dynoed their car and can prove me wrong then I would love to see it. >>

AMEN BROTHER!!!!!!
Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

NeoMagus is an unknown quantity at this point
I have the EVO on my 2k1 Coupe EX, and I wouldnt recommend anything else. Inca you must have some rough laws, but you are right. When I pick my cousin up from school he says he can hear me from blocks away. Its not really an annoying sound, its just real loud and deep above 4000rpms.
Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

<< I have the EVO on my 2k1 Coupe EX, and I wouldnt recommend anything else. Inca you must have some rough laws, but you are right. When I pick my cousin up from school he says he can hear me from blocks away. Its not really an annoying sound, its just real loud and deep above 4000rpms. >>

If you have a loud exhaust where I live you will get pulled over. My exhaust is just the opposite, you cant hear me coming from blocks away unless I keep the RPM's above 5000 even then it is still not that loud. I based my decision on the way the whole exhaust system looked and sounded.
Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

htowncivicEX is an unknown quantity at this point
While it's true that an exhaust by itself won't gain much on our cars, if you're planning to go turbo in the future you'd better stay away from a restrictive exhaust like the TCS and instead get something with a large-diameter, straightaway piping, and a big enough tip.

Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

supYO is an unknown quantity at this point
blah blah blah
same thing over and over again

get it, don't get it. if u do wow, if you don't fine.
no one cares [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG]

Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

<< While it's true that an exhaust by itself won't gain much on our cars, if you're planning to go turbo in the future you'd better stay away from a restrictive exhaust like the TCS and instead get something with a large-diameter, straightaway piping, and a big enough tip. >>

It is still a free flowing exhaust system it just passes through 2 chambers. I would also like to see some proof that the TCS is restrictive. No one has any proof so it is just hear say. Even if you go with a FI setup you wont need to go with a larger diameter exhaust system, unless you plan on running more then 6 or 7 psi you should be fine with the TCS. And most of the people on here wont build up their motors enough to run any more boost then that.