General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Hola

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CiviCKiD is an unknown quantity at this point
Hola

Like the guy said earlier....cant i adjust the fuel air ratio so it becomes less economic and a litle more powerful ? That makes sense...Im not trying to race...Just have a little power...than im gonna go for looks ? And wont adjusting the throttle cable help me a bit? I atleast want some acceleration...Couldnt i do like spark plugs and wires and ignition(if i can find one)
Old 01-01-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
antidote11 is an unknown quantity at this point
You can get a A/F Controller....I'm about to get the Apex VTEC Controller and it allows you
to adjust the mixture ratio to be consistent throughout the power bands. After installing intakes
and headers and a cat-back, the mixture will run a little lean. If you directly link a control unit to your ECU
you can tell the computer to allow more fuel delivery at certain RPMs to even the air/fuel mixture out.

All the throttle cable adjustment will do is give you better throttle response. Instead of having slack
in the cable, as soon as you push on the gas pedal, the cable will pull and the throttle will open.
No HP gain, but it will accelerate a little quicker, or it will seem like it will.

You can do all that and more...plugs, coils, all that !! If you want your car to be quicker and faster, start by getting
an intake, headers and a cat-back. Then move on to fuel delivery and ignition.