General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

I really can't believe it...7th gen to 8th gen civic

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HorrorSkopes is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation

Originally Posted by S2000man01
ok that explains your original post a bit more. in fact i agree with it. i'd be surprised if the civic has 200hp. however, i do think we are going to get a much better dose than 127hp. honda said they wanted to offer something for people to drive more spiritedly.

exactly, my guess is between 135-160hp, since mazda, ford, scion have gone that route. Im guessing the new sI should be between 160hp and 200hp.
Old 02-09-2005
Registered!!

wrussi is an unknown quantity at this point
i remember when i used to drool about the em1 si that came on 99
Old 02-09-2005
Stolen digital camera = no ninja picture for me

PoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the roughPoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the roughPoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the rough
I remember my friend getting one back in early 2001, and he sunk all of this money into i/h/e and a vtec controller, and it was just loud, and slow. I borrowed it one day, and some guy in an old, stock, 4 door integra romped me. Also I remember my friend buying DOHC Vtec stickers for it, and a guy at a stoplight gave us a quick lesson on the d17, and then drove off laughing.
Old 02-09-2005
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Bought my civic in May 01. 01lx coupe manual. Time has flown. I joined the site when it was 2K1civic, but I forgot my username a couple times. This one has stuck with me for a little while. First thing I did was Alteezas, CAI, and some ricey blue hood lights, blue headlights, interior blue neons, and blah blah. Fugly. My ride is clean now (regardless of who likes chrome or not). I have 5spoke chrome 17"s, lowered a couple inches goldlines/tokicos, got a SRI (soon to be replaced by turbo, hehe) catback exhaust, blacked out lights, black lower and upper grills, new system, and a bunch more.

I have been through a transformation thanks to this site. I still like my rims though. Much cleaner in person. I will keep my vic for at least 10 years, but I will own another car. Than when I sell it in 10 or so years. I will get a TL or A4 along with my weekend driver civic.

Here she is:
Old 02-09-2005
Powered by Honda

y.0. KiLLa is an unknown quantity at this point
i just go my 2k1 last may ...lol i will be on these boards for many years to come...lol..maybe in like 4 yrs i will get a new car, but for now im keepin her and modding her and drivin her and fixin her when something breaks
Old 02-09-2005
Registered!!

anibal is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Rotor Head! Look what I found
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	logo_2k1civic.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	47087  
Old 02-09-2005
RESIDENT ROTOR HEAD

nookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of light
woah....where did you find that? That's somewhat old....but there was one even older...I think the oldest, was when the site was all black, and there was a member's ride section that only had like 5 pictures...Derek's car with all the neon underlights was on the front page...anyone know what I'm talking about?
Old 02-09-2005
O RLY
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by wrussi
i remember when i used to drool about the em1 si that came on 99
what is interesting is the 6th gen Si is faster than the 7th gen Si, in 1/4 mile that is.

as for auto-x maybe zzyzx could chime in on that.
Old 02-09-2005
O RLY

S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by nookiemonster
woah....where did you find that? That's somewhat old....but there was one even older...I think the oldest, was when the site was all black, and there was a member's ride section that only had like 5 pictures...Derek's car with all the neon underlights was on the front page...anyone know what I'm talking about?
oh yeah i remember that! lemme see if i might have it in my temp files somewhere.... (i never clear out my temp files)
Old 02-09-2005
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
Talking

I was on after sep 2001... This website will show everyone what it looked like a long time ago.

Way back machine for 2k1Civic.com

give me some rep points if you like the site.
Old 02-09-2005
You boost, I-VTEC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by HorrorSkopes
exactly, my guess is between 135-160hp, since mazda, ford, scion have gone that route. Im guessing the new sI should be between 160hp and 200hp.
If i had to guess the regular civic will have the K20a3 (160hp 5spd, 5spd tiptronic out of base RSX) And the SI will have some Variation of the K20z1 (probably less then the RSX-S if they do plan on keeping it so like 180hp 6speed)
Old 02-09-2005
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
****, I remember getting my car in July 01, looking for a site and finally stumbled across this one in August. I was just getting into tuning my car. A member on the site (izmaxx) came to help me clear my lights and then I was a mod, then a super mod, and now a mod again..

I remember when CarbonFly was Flyriceracer and he was a big *** post ***** and everyone hated him, then he convinced D to make him a supermod in the span of 2-3 months!! I remember the old orange board too when there was 2-3 moderators. I remember Quicksilvr (the cop), Allman, JoeB16...like whoa I have been here for 3 1/2 years!! I need a new "adult" car...
Old 02-09-2005
Why is my vagina bleeding?

nindoo has a spectacular aura aboutnindoo has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Hawk
If i had to guess the regular civic will have the K20a3 (160hp 5spd, 5spd tiptronic out of base RSX) And the SI will have some Variation of the K20z1 (probably less then the RSX-S if they do plan on keeping it so like 180hp 6speed)

I don't know about the K20A3 since there is a big diff in fuel economy between the D17s
Old 02-09-2005
You boost, I-VTEC

Hawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by nindoo
I don't know about the K20A3 since there is a big diff in fuel economy between the D17s
eh its 26/31 and it came out 3 years ago, i'm sure Honda could have figured out how to bring up the fuel economy by now, they're good at that.
Old 02-09-2005
I went to prison a boy and came out a man with a sore ass!

QBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of light
eh its 26/31 and it came out 3 years ago, i'm sure Honda could have figured out how to bring up the fuel economy by now, they're good at that.

Most likely it would be called something other then a k20a3 right, since it has better gas mileage and emissions?
Old 02-11-2005
Registered!!

ciVictoria will become famous soon enoughciVictoria will become famous soon enough
wow this sucks..as soon as i got my car and begin to start posting Honda launches the end of the 7TH Gen. The way you guys described the board from the old days seems pretty cool..lets hope this site will still be alive and our members will be loyal and still post here!
Old 02-11-2005
Why is my vagina bleeding?

nindoo has a spectacular aura aboutnindoo has a spectacular aura about

Yeah you just made me remeber about the Honda Stream. It has a k series engine but its desinged for fuel-economy as a priority. It might be a varation of a K20A3.
Old 02-11-2005
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
Yea, the 7thgen run is over...... Cant believe 8thgen is coming out already. I got my car a couple years ago and I thought I was cool ****. I was the 1st 7thgen in my school......

I remember when I slapped on some 17'' Motegi MR7s on the stock Civic I thought I was the biggest baller in town cause no one was hooking 7thgens up. I drove around with 17s thinking I was god..... Now I got 19s, slammed and body kit and I feel like my car is a POS and want to sell it. Amazing how things change so fast.
Old 02-11-2005
RESIDENT ROTOR HEAD

nookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by stealth_em2
lets hope this site will still be alive and our members will be loyal and still post here!
Well there are several of us who still post regularly who have moved on to other cars...
Old 02-11-2005
Registered!!

pbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant future
i remember the days when everyone sat patiently waiting for htowncivic to finally finish the first ever k20 swap into a civic. and it was the longest thread ever! and then he finally finished and posted the vids and it was the greatest day in the history of the site up to that date....and he was everyone's hero.

YAH Htowncivic!!! we still remember you!
Old 02-12-2005
Registered!!

anibal is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by nookiemonster

I found it in a old folder, I remember older ones but that was the only one i saved. Remember the all black, that was around when I joined, i think I have pics of some of the first cars there somewhere in my cd archives.
Old 02-12-2005
Wicked Pissah Admin

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Havok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant future
Got my 01EX in Dec 2000. Started lurking this forum in early 2001 for a while. Had some problems and needed opinions so I joined in Sept 2001. My post was the very first post in the "Vehicle Problems" forum lol. Met some local guys and became good friends w/ them. People like Grey (if you people only met him in person), TwilightX, Krepoort, Mystic3030, among a bunch of other kewl guys and gals over the years.
March of 04, I had 87K miles on the 01, needed a clutch, brakes, shocks, alignment, tires, new nose, and the valves were noisy. Decided to dump the car for the same replacement: 04EX.
Hate to see it go, this site has given back to tens of thousands of people, esp from post by people like Mohawkboom, Grey, and countless others that would help answer questions on the forums alllll day long for people.
I could go on and on....
Old 02-12-2005
Registered!!

Majarvis should not be trustedMajarvis should not be trustedMajarvis should not be trustedMajarvis should not be trusted
Originally Posted by LogicWavelength
probably a "K18" but anyway...
Why does everyone think it will be a "K18"? Honda doesn't have a 1.8L engine in the pipeline, and people only think it will have a 1.8L engine because the 7th gen had a 100cc larger engine than the 6th gen. No, it won't have a "K18", unless Honda develops one.
It will use the i-VTEC I K20 found in the Stream in Japan, which puts out 145 hp and ultra-low fuel consumption.
I'm sorry, but un-educated posts really get to me...
Old 02-12-2005
Slow Down Im Gonna Spurt!!

JDm7thGen is an unknown quantity at this point
hmmmm....ill keep mine plus fixing to buy a sc300 shell (black) and drop a jz in it....thats my new project car
Old 02-12-2005
Slow Down Im Gonna Spurt!!

JDm7thGen is an unknown quantity at this point
ready to experience drift
Old 02-12-2005
Premium Member

icedcoco is just really niceicedcoco is just really niceicedcoco is just really niceicedcoco is just really nice
wow...i just joined this site last summer after buying mine used. its really cool to read the memories of you guys who have been here since the beginning. my only hope is to be as knowledgable as you guys are by the time i get to a point like this. causei know i'll be posting in here for a while still......
Old 02-12-2005
Registered!!

AdamYYZ is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a Black 2002 Si-G Coupe 5spd (Canadian). The only thing I would consider buying the new civic for is more safety. Side curtain airbags and better headrests for rear passengers for example. I live in Downtown Canada so there are risks involved in commuting.

My car was only 19,100 Canadian, It gets wicked fuel milage, its cheaper than a Focus on insurance, and I love the styling inside and out. I doubt they can make the new car good enough to make me pay financing and taxes on a new car again.
Old 02-13-2005
Registered!!

nunzio42 is an unknown quantity at this point
yah i think a lot of us will still use the forum for everyday use, there are a lot of members that are in other makes than honda and still post, hell i even think derek got rid of his car, this is a well built site with a lot of valuable information on it....it will be around.

now for my memory; i came across this website back in late 02 with an old setting, and i still remember to this day searching around and it seemed like every 2 weeks someone was posting that they were trading in their vic for a wrx, it happend soo much i am surprised we didnt open up a separate forum just for past vic owners that drive a wrx.
Old 02-13-2005
2k1civic.com O. G.

AzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enoughAzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enough
i was on this site before i even had the car!!! haha. I remember blackvtec99 and everyone arguing with him.

OUr cars generation is over, but the good parts are JUST starting to come out!! turbo mani's are popping up all day. We have a few turbo kits to choose from. Fuel solutions have been made. Full coilovers are plenty in supply. The k20 swap is practically perfected!

eventualy ppl will be buying beat up 7thgen's just to swap in k20's
Old 02-13-2005
awd pwnz j00

import2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
i remember getting my car in late '02 and hating the new Si so i got a EX instead... then i couldn't find hardly any parts for it. ha, then i found this wonderful site, in all of its orange glory.

Quick Reply: I really can't believe it...7th gen to 8th gen civic