General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Why??

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005
Back From The Banned!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
Unhappy Why??

I was just outside shoveling snow at 12AM. There is pretty much nobody outside. All of a sudden, I hear a car down the block, bouncin off the rev limiter in 1st gear, tires spinning non stop. It must have hit the rev limiter atleast 10 times. I could hear by engine sound when the tires finally hooked up with the road, and the car is still bouncin off the rev limiter. I'm just thinking, what kind of nutcase would do that to their car, in the middle of a snow fall, at 12AM?? By the time it passes me it just shifted into 2nd. I got a good look at the car, I had seen it a few days ago as well. It was a red 7thgen Civic coupe with mini-me spoiler, exhaust, rims, body kit.... and a "for sale" sign.... I feel bad for that person that buys this car eventually.

now if this car was like 20 years old and no one wanted it, I guess the abuse is justifiable.... but to such a new car.... why? I know it's none of my business but when some ppl bitch about why their engine seems to have died pre-maturely.... the answers can sometimes be found easily.
Old 01-19-2005
Addicted To Boost

02boostlessCIV has a spectacular aura about02boostlessCIV has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by CuRiOuSfIsH
I was just outside shoveling snow at 12AM. There is pretty much nobody outside. All of a sudden, I hear a car down the block, bouncin off the rev limiter in 1st gear, tires spinning non stop. It must have hit the rev limiter atleast 10 times. I could hear by engine sound when the tires finally hooked up with the road, and the car is still bouncin off the rev limiter. I'm just thinking, what kind of nutcase would do that to their car, in the middle of a snow fall, at 12AM?? By the time it passes me it just shifted into 2nd. I got a good look at the car, I had seen it a few days ago as well. It was a red 7thgen Civic coupe with mini-me spoiler, exhaust, rims, body kit.... and a "for sale" sign.... I feel bad for that person that buys this car eventually.

now if this car was like 20 years old and no one wanted it, I guess the abuse is justifiable.... but to such a new car.... why? I know it's none of my business but when some ppl bitch about why their engine seems to have died pre-maturely.... the answers can sometimes be found easily.
i bet the guy selling the car is teaching his girl to drive a stick. He's selling the car so he probly was like "oh what the hell ill let my girl drive it before i sell it" lololol hehe
Old 01-20-2005
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
hmm, maybe he/she isn't used to driving in the snow...
Old 01-20-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
some people don't know that ruins the engine I guess?
Old 01-20-2005
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
I guess some of the reasons are legit.... but 10+ times off the limiter...... well.... it's a shame.