General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

How in the hell do you....?!?!??!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005
How many pots have you smoken?
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
manthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of light
How in the hell do you....?!?!??!!

edit: .... Aim TYC headlights???......

Hey whats up guys! im soo stoked right night - i just got my car back after being in the shop for 1 month and 1 day.

I got a VIS CF hood now and TYC elegante lights!!! aaaaah man i freaking so happy right now! lol

ya ya i know this thread sucks with out pics so i'll get some soon

I did have a question though. what color rims would best flow with the car now that i got the CF hood and black housed lights? im pretty sure i don't want black rims but i want it to flow well - i was thinkin hyper black. i dunno any suggestions are welcome! thanks

Last edited by Manthatguysfast; 01-14-2005 at 10:10 AM.
Old 01-13-2005
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
umm, what color car?
Old 01-13-2005
i have a new home do u

v8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of lightv8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of lightv8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of lightv8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of lightv8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of lightv8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of light
^yeah and why did it take over a month to put on a hood and head lights
Old 01-14-2005

manthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of light
it took over a month for hood and headlights and new bumper and straightening the frame and new fenders and im sure a crap load of other stuff. i got in a wittle bit of an accident lol
Old 01-14-2005
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
I have chrome rims on a white car with blacked out headlights, a black grill on the front, and my tailz are finished, just letting silicone dry. Suprisingly the chrome goes really well with the black/white. I cant find my camera USB, or otherwise I would u/l some pics. Sucks to have to wait that long, but it must be nice to have it back. Silver may look good though? photochop something silver, and see what it looks like. Im going for a polished silver/black rim next.
Old 01-14-2005

i tried to get someone to photochop some rims for me but it didn't work. i don't have a clue how to use it.

at first i wanted white - cuz i thought id look tight with blue car, white rims - but now i think thats pretty ricey. and i know i don't want flat black cuz im not going for straight racer i want something that looks clean. i dunno - i'll probably slap something on in hyper black or just silver

im pretty sure im going with ADR - dv8s
Old 01-14-2005
Registered!!

CaliDohBoy is an unknown quantity at this point
DIY: TYC Projector Aiming

Buddy... you're in luck. I just aimed my TYC projectors last weekend. Let me say this right off the bat... its a b1tch!!!

Search google for "Aim Headlights" and you'll get some pictures and directions for where to actually place the beam on the wall.

***NOTE*** You WILL have to remove the front bumper and the headlights to get to the adjustments screws... trust me.

Step 1: Remove Front Bumper
Step 2: Remove All Screws from Headlights except 1 on top middle, loosen this one.
Step 3: Drive to a place that is flat and level with a wall and dimly lit, with about a half tank of gas.
Step 4: Park your front bumper 25 feet from the wall.
Step 5: Now, measure. Measure the height from the ground to the middle of the projector (A little square on the plastic housing). I'd give you exacts but I'm at work right now and I don't have my measurements but it's close to 30".
Step 6: On the wall, directly inline with the center of your car (have fun getting this straight and not at a diagonal) place a mark at the measured height.
Step 7: Measure the distance between your headlights (using the little squares again) and apply this to the wall. I believe this measurement is around 47" or so. Halve that and put a mark to the left and right of the center mark at the same height.
Step 8: Now you're ready to aim. Remove one headlight at a time and adjust the screws to get the beam on your marks. The screws will move the beam DIAGONALLY i.e. UP/LEFT & DOWN/RIGHT. If I remember correctly, the inner screw (closest to the center of the car): CW=UP/LEFT CCW=DOWN/RIGHT. The outer screw: CW= UP/RIGHT CCW=DOWN/LEFT. Make sure you check this because I'm guessing off my memory. You don't want to be cranking the damn thing way off kilter only to find you have to crank it all the way back. What you will notice is that in order to move JUST LEFT... you have to tweek both screws. It took me 20 minutes to figure this out on my left front which is the one I had to move way left. Eyeball the adjustment and then place the headlight back into place and check the beam on the wall. Repeat until it's pretty close.

That's about it. It's not fun, but you'll see better at night.
Old 01-14-2005

ah man - thanks for the info BUUUTT - you're 26 minutes late. haha

i actually had to pick up my refund check from the autobody shop that did my car and i asked them to aim them - he did it in like 45 minutes so its all gravy now

ooh and BTW! everybody on this site had me scared that i wasn't going to be able to see shiat at night with TYC's but they light up the road so much more that my OEM ones.

it was shitty cuz my eyes play tricks on me at night i have a hard time seeing the lines on the road when its dark and those OEM lights weren't doing me a damn thing - last night was the first night i drove at night with them and they freakin rock! they light up the whole street!

i told my girl - damn - and some people want brighter lights?! (hids)

i am really happy with mine